Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 effect on BF2

Just to gather some opinions.

What sort of effect do you think BF 2142 will have on BF2?

I know I will probably buy and play 2142 but I hope it doesn't kill the BF2 buzz. I'm thinking that 2142 will be a very similar game to BF2 only more advanced and streamlined, but I can see BF2 becoming a niche game of 'Modern Warfare' were as 2142 will have a separate following.

In short I'm hoping that the BF2 community won't be heavily hit by it's release.

Any thoughts?

Re: 2142 effect on BF2

I'll buy it and have a blast, but to be honest its looks like some crappy consol shooter. BF2 people can relate to as at least its set now or the near future.

Comment

it probably will not do much some people will buy it but when PoE2 and FH2 will probably have larger fanbasses.

Comment

I'll buy 2142 and play it. Depends on how it turns out, and the kind of players it has. Like everything else, BF2 will slowly fade over time. But counter strike has been played for eons so BF2 may be with us for years yet too. It's possible that all the kiddies will move to 2142, leaving BF2 for serious players. Or more likely the other way around, since 2142 is supposed to enforce team play more. Whichever game has the better teamwork, that's where I'll end up.

Comment

I'll probly buy it but what really ticks me off is the whole ''Marketing'' methods.

Using methods such as ''pre-order BF2142 and receive a free rank up'' or ''Subscribe to FilePlanet and receive a BETA invite''

All of that is somewhat poor. Not that im really that bothered, but it seems pretty ridiculous. 2142 will no doubt be the same as BF2, you will get the same smacktards running around, the same people using macros, grenade spamming, bunny hoping etc etc. Then you will have people tking each other so they can get the vehicle where they can base/spawn rape to get ''1337'' stats.

It's all the same, if a ranking system is incorporated into a game, then its obvious that you get kiddies running around being smacktards, using lame tactics or tk for vehicles so they can be #1 ranked on the leaderboard or whatever.

So really I would buy it if its going to have a change of heart, but every ranked game of BF2 I play, well most of them, like 98% seem to be the same, I see people crowded at the airfield tking each other for Jets, I get tk'd all of the time for vehicles, not something I really want to see in 2142 but its inevitable.

Comment

In a few months after the realease of 2142, BF2 will be like BFV when BF2 came out.

Comment

dont like being tked? get a server you can admin or just come to out 24/7 teamplay server where ff is off

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk5
                In a few months after the realease of 2142, BF2 will be like BFV when BF2 came out.

Yeah that thought crossed my mind as well, but BF2 and BFV are more alike than BF2and 2142 are. So I would say BF2 replaced BFV.

Futuristic shooters are a good setting for combat, but theres always that modern combat buzz that it may lack and BF2 still offers.

As long as BF2 has a different feel, then I think it will have a strong player base.

Comment

Originally posted by SwissArmyShoe
                  Just to gather some opinions.

What sort of effect do you think BF 2142 will have on BF2?

I know I will probably buy and play 2142 but I hope it doesn't kill the BF2 buzz. I'm thinking that 2142 will be a very similar game to BF2 only more advanced and streamlined, but I can see BF2 becoming a niche game of 'Modern Warfare' were as 2142 will have a separate following.

In short I'm hoping that the BF2 community won't be heavily hit by it's release.

Any thoughts?
                  i don’t’ think it would have big effect. just because it’s a new game, it doesn’t mean it’s more enjoyable to play. a good example would be BF1942 and BFV, bf1942 was still more popular than bfv.

also, keep in mind the bf2 community is divided as to what to make of 2142. is it a mod? (most of bf series vets will tell you it is) is it a new game? and other won’t buy it because they prefer modern combat to futuristic combat.

the BF2 buzzes have died down since its release (faulty patches, bugs, greed etc..). hopefully the mod community will be able to ignite the fire again and bring back the fun. since you still need the bf2 disks to play bf2 mods, i don’t think it will die down anytime soon.

Comment

I personally am not going to buy 2142. I think mods like PoE and FH2 will keep me satisfied for quite a while. I am also not giving EA anymore money for something that should have been a mod (2142) in the first place.

Comment

2142 looks to be the better game, theres a limit to the number of times you can play Kark or fly a J-10 on Wake.
                      With Titan mode, 40 new toys, 40 ranks as well as lots of new vehicles to play with it will bring a nice change.

Comment

BF2142 will have:
                        • Bad hit registration.
                        • Broken game browser.
                        • Stat wipes.
                        • Kit imbalances for the 1st year.
                        • Map Imbalances.
                        • About a million 10 year olds complaining about hacks/stat padders.

You can't really blame dice for the lack of support they have given to bf2, but rather EA for being a typical large corporation that is running the Battlefield franchise to the ground.

What effect will bf2142 have on bf2? Hopefully it will be a failed expansion just like sf, ef, and af. .

But hey, maybe after everyone realizes how great the 1.4 patch is their confidence will be restored and the millions of people that bought bf2 will spend $50 more on a broken game with 3 extra digits in the name that runs on the exact same engine.

Comment

Some of the possible positive effects:

All BF2 content becomes available to the mod teams. Currently, no expack or booster content can be used by the mod teams. When BF2142 comes out, the restrictions on BF2 might ease.

BF2142 might draw some of the "undesireable" player base away from BF2 and make smacktards in a server a chance meeting instead of a certainty.

To ensure BF2142 runs as smooth as possible, the final BF2 patch will actually make BF2 play like it should.

In the end, who knows. If we stick around though, we will get to see.

Comment

Well one thing is for sure that a lot of BF fans (Like me) will buy it and more likely play that.

However, BF2 will still have at least 500 servers no doubt, plus I will personally come back to try POE2 and DC.

Comment

im starting to have doubts about bf2142...just all the big walkers and titans and everything will just overpower the tanks...ill try the demo if it comes out, but i like bf2 cuz is modernish

Comment

Working...
                              X