Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roe

Originally posted by roger smith
    im not asking for this change for myself, im asking for it for the entire community. attacking uncaps is part of bf2, or there wouldnt be defences and assets there. i would be fine with a no spawn camping uncaps rule, but it goes against everything bf2 is to have a no base rape rule. nobody should be able to have teaparties without fear of being killed, no matter where they are.

screw off, we all know your intentions, you just want an inpenetrable snipers nest.
    Not to sound ugly here, but if you really were speaking for the community, then there would be some sort of proof of this massive discontent, wouldn't it? I don't see people boycotting the servers that have the no attack uncap rule or any other permitted server side rules.

If you are going to speak for the people, it is customary for you to at least hear what they are saying. And it is pretty quiet on these issues.

Your comment quoted above lacks much in the form of any public service platform. Especially when you refer to "inpenetrable snipers nest.". Makes you sound bitter and alludes to some unhappy personal memories of games gone by.

Comment

nail hit head tbh

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
        Not to sound ugly here, but if you really were speaking for the community, then there would be some sort of proof of this massive discontent, wouldn't it?.
        i didnt say i was representing the community, i said it was for the community, weather they like it or not. why? because on every server players should be able to:

-spec ops should be able to destroy assets

-aircraft should be able to attack any enemy vehicle or air defence platform

-players should be able to siege (contain) an enemy uncap or simply raid it

yet on many nobaserape servers, we cant do these things, which contradicts the definition of rule 2.3.2, and the essence of battlefield.
        Your comment quoted above lacks much in the form of any public service platform. Especially when you refer to "inpenetrable snipers nest.". Makes you sound bitter and alludes to some unhappy personal memories of games gone by.
        Originally posted by zipp0r
        oh right, i dont protect myself correctly ?

fig: 1

fig: 2

fig: 3

thats how pathetically easy it was to blow them up with grenades.

Comment

how is base rape part of the game??? the game is no fun if after you wait 15 seconds to spawn a damn tank just shoots you after 1 sec. and people are to dumb to avoid frendly mines when ff is on for mines claymores are useless people keep walking over them even though they cant see the red skull over it nad end up giving the person who deployed the mine -6 points.

snipers and enginers should NOT be punished for other peoples stupidty,

Comment

Roger,

If you ask for something for someone other than yourself, then by default, you are representing them. You are acting in their behalf.

That part about "whether they like it or not" is absurd. With this comment, you have shown your true colors. All I can say is that you will have a glorious carreer as a politician.

And I don't see what those diagrams have to do with anything. Sorry.

Comment

Roger,

If you ask for something for someone other than yourself, then by default, you are representing them. You are acting in their behalf.

That part about "whether they like it or not" is absurd. With this comment, you have shown your true colors. All I can say is that you will have a glorious carreer as a politician.

And I don't see what those diagrams have to do with anything. Sorry.
              those r mine, when i was pointing out how easy it is when claymores and mines are destructable in a thread where roger was campaging for them to be destructable again

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                those r mine, when i was pointing out how easy it is when claymores and mines are destructable in a thread where roger was campaging for them to be destructable again
                Ok, thanks. They were unfamiliar and caused a slight bit of confusion by being right below a quote from me. I am still puzzled at why, but Roger has some splainin to do on that matter.

Comment

well i am sorry if you dont like what i have to say, fact is that roe rule 2.3.2 is supposed to be minor changes to gameplay and not being able to perform the spec ops role in the very least is infringing upon that rule.

this rule either needs to be removed and the real issue needs to be addressed (which i gather is uncapturable spawncamping) or:

-commander assets shouldnt be in uncaps
                  -the enemy team cant enter uncaps or they are out of bounds
                  -uncap defences should be removed

why? because this rule alters gameplay to a huge degree and imo ruins the capabilites of jets and spec ops. while in a jet, enemy air assets can escape to thier airspace and you cant defend yourself from enemy ground aa.

Comment

i like tea parties in the uncap......fighting is soo.....barbaric.....

i think the enemy should be able to go into the uncap IF they are willing to have some tea and crumpets.....

Comment

I am still puzzled at why, but Roger has some splainin to do on that matter.
                      basically the issue was just as he said. you presumed that i had some issues with him ingame, not so. we just had disagreements over claymores being destructable. if you want to see the full discussion, here ya go: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86078

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                      how is base rape part of the game???
                      if it wasnt part of the game, why would there be defences there and commander assets?
                      the game is no fun if after you wait 15 seconds to spawn a damn tank just shoots you after 1 sec.
                      this is spawn camping, not base rape.
                      snipers and enginers should NOT be punished for other peoples stupidty.
                      this is true, but making it so an enemy team can dance all over thier own teams clays and the fact that they are no longer destructable means that snipers are pretty much getting gaurenteed kills and that they can claywhore spawnpoints. placement doesnt matter anymore because you can see them but cant do anything about it, you cant always go around. honestly i should have put a clause on that statement saying "if claymores are to remain undestructable".

as for mines, i dont really think its fair that a guy can throw a mine on top of his tank and go run off, and he doesnt have to disarm it to get back in.

with ff off and mine ff on, the claymore/mine blows up and no one gets hurt, theres nothing wrong with this option, people can be dicks and set teammates off on purpose but frankly i would perfer that to mine ff off, at least with indestructable claymores that is.

Comment

Working...
                      X