X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roe

Originally posted by ROE
    2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:
    Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.
    (d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks.
    this isnt a minor gameplay change, base rape is part of the game, everywhere is the battlefield. now im not talking about spawn camping. im talking about attacking enemy uncaps. how fair is it for one team to have a capturable base that can be raped to all hell and the other team can have a tea party at thier uncapturable? how fair is it for enemy air assets to escape to thier uncap where you cant defend yourself and must let them repair? this isnt a minor gameplay change and dice needs to make a stance on it. dice either needs to:

-remove uncap defences and put a out of bounds area all over and around uncaps that affects only the enemy. that way fruitcakes can continue to have thier teapartys and we will all be clear from server to sever that the esence of battlefield is dead.

OR

-remove this crappy rule possibility and keep bf2 the way it should be. you should be able to attack the enemy anywhere, anytime and anyway!
    Originally posted by ROE
    (e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).
    ********, if the enemy doesnt try to attack the helicopter, or defend thier bases, they should lose thier bases.
    Originally posted by ROE
    (f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)
    this rule takes the heart of battlefield, and tears it from its body, car bombing is and should be part of the game.
    Originally posted by ROE
    3.2 Game Exploits
    (d) Playing on “High Points” Servers
    this is unfair because i might be on a server that emptys out or just isnt full. this isnt a player issue, its an issue in how maps are issued for play. if you dont want a small amount of people to play on a big map, then make it so you need a large amount of players to play a 64 player varient of a map, or better yet, just throw out this pointless rule! i enjoy fighting a small group of enemys and dont understand whats unfair about it, it promotes defence being more important than offence.

none of these rules are acceptable and need revision, unless dice is scared that admins will stop hosting because they cant impose ******** rules on thier players.

edit: removed the mine ff section because i had alternate motives for it.

Re: Roe

The ROE says you can jihad jeep and flag hop from my understanding:

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.

Comment

what its saying is that admins have the right to restrict those things.

Comment

The Op makes some fine points. A lot of the ROE has/is hindered gameplay from what should be acceptable and what shouldn't.

Jihad jeeping is imo a F**kd up tactic, but a very usefull one. I'm pretty sure that, especially in these times, this tactic would have to be acceptable. Many have proven its effectiveness in the game and real world. I think its reason for being in the ROE is simple, its extremely hard to defend against and tank whores and such cried about it. Voila', a new rule to impose on players.

I was kicked from a server the other night for chasing an enemy plane back to the carrier, I blew him apart as he came in to reload and heal. Killed him and his plane, killed 2 nubsticks waiting for the plane in the process with my cannon ( I was outta missles and took the aircraft down with cannons, so these guys were just collatteral damage from the cannon spray). Next thing ya know, kick. When I returned to inquiry why I was kicked, "You were base raping an uncap". So the whole uncap thing is just stupid, Im supposed to let you get away to your uncap so you dont lose any tickets, get to re-arm, heal, etc?

Make it outta bounds if you dont want me there, but dont make some freaking safe haven for noobs to run and hide in. Saying you cant attack an uncap has a broad meaning and should be defined properly. I mean can I c4 the exits of uncaps or even wait just outside, let you exit and then blow you away? What are the limits of an uncap? Can I get with 50m of the flag and be ok or is there some invisible line I should watch for? Kicks go on your stats (Not like I give a sh**) so if you are gonna say a certain area of the map (That doesnt have stripes on it) is off limits, you are gonna need to define what those bounderies are. Cause if you say I cant cross a line, then whats to stop me from just sitting on the line?

All this is pretty pointless, 2142 is coming and you can be sure that there will be an ROE for it. So now may be a great time to take a good hard look at the current ROE and refine it to be less obtrusive on what is gameplay and what isnt. Perhaps EA will be wise enough to get some sort of broad spectrum opinions, instead of letting a handfull of gamers decide whats best for the million playing. Not that those handfull didnt give it a good effort, but it could have been handled differently. With the "Whole" community's input.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
          what its saying is that admins have the right to restrict those things.
          Not on our servers!

We have rules in place don't get me wrong, but it's more of a common sense factor as opposed to the typical:

-Dont do this
          -Dont do that
          -Jumping if forbidden
          -You cannot prone and fire a weapon
          -You annot be commander more than 1 time, ever.

Those types of rules are just ridiculous. We have active & fair admins, this eliminates the need for 10,000 scrolling messages.

Comment

Yawns are you still at this roger? The same guy who is too cheap to upgrade his pc so he wants server owners to have a 4 minute start delay just so he can get into the game.

Here's a thought, you save up the big bucks it costs for a ranked server each month and run it how you like. You have FF on for mines and no uncap rule so you can rape the uncaps all you like. Put your money where you BIG mouth is!

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
              Yawns are you still at this roger? The same guy who is too cheap to upgrade his pc so he wants server owners to have a 4 minute start delay just so he can get into the game.

Here's a thought, you save up the big bucks it costs for a ranked server each month and run it how you like. You have FF on for mines and no uncap rule so you can rape the uncaps all you like. Put your money where you BIG mouth is!
              :censored: :shakehead

Comment

If FF is ON for claymores and mines...then you should get no -points or punishes for TKs from them. People assume that FF is off so they run through them. Even if they knew FF was on, people are stupid and run through them all the time anyway!

Comment

actually i was proposing the delay be replaced with a pickup game.
                  Here's a thought, you save up the big bucks it costs for a ranked server each month and run it how you like.
                  nope. how bout instead the roe stick up for its players.

Comment

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
                    If FF is ON for claymores and mines...then you should get no -points or punishes for TKs from them. People assume that FF is off so they run through them. Even if they knew FF was on, people are stupid and run through them all the time anyway!
                    with mine ff on and ff off, people dont get hurt when they go through mines.

Comment

Are you always on? lol

Comment

im on too often yes :P

Comment

§ 2.3.2 - Those can change from server to server... So what's the difference? If there is a No Uncap Attack rule, and you don't like it, then don't play on that server. If there is no rule against it, and you don't like it, then don't play on that server. It's not rocket science.

Comment

roger your getting rather boring...

like someone said before, BUY YOUR OWN RANKED SERVER AND RUN IT HOW YOU LIKE!!
                            most other people are happy (except the karkand nubs) and have a far better game with mine and clay ff off.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                              § 2.3.2 - Those can change from server to server... So what's the difference? If there is a No Uncap Attack rule, and you don't like it, then don't play on that server. If there is no rule against it, and you don't like it, then don't play on that server. It's not rocket science.
                              im not asking for this change for myself, im asking for it for the entire community. attacking uncaps is part of bf2, or there wouldnt be defences and assets there. i would be fine with a no spawn camping uncaps rule, but it goes against everything bf2 is to have a no base rape rule. nobody should be able to have teaparties without fear of being killed, no matter where they are.

Originally posted by zipp0r
                              roger your getting rather boring...
                              screw off, we all know your intentions, you just want an inpenetrable snipers nest.

Comment

Working...
                              X