Claymore poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claymore poll

if claymores have that 180 degree sensor its inexcusable for them not to be destructable in any scenario, a pistol should set that off, both for gameplay reasons and realism reasons.

anyhow i like (mine ff on) and (ff off) together because then teammates can set them off and not hurt themselves, that way only bad placement results in a loss of claymore and nobody gets cheap bottleneck kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      ..but Pyura is right...Colin recently mentioned that claymores will NOT be changed anytime soon...for the same reason they were changed back to being indestructible..

This game is getting worse and worse!

Comment

tbh i like it the way it is now. i am rarely the victim of a claymore and i am usually the one dropping them.

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
          tbh i like it the way it is now. i am rarely the victim of a claymore and i am usually the one dropping them.
          No ****ing surprise there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
            Yeah, that was the point he was making, actually.

~Wolfgang
            and if you cant use them, whats the point of having them? from me starting bf2 uptill 1.2 i rarely used them. the reason people want ff on for them? so people cant use them. it doesnt take a genius to work that out... as is always the case for people wanting nerfs in bf2, nerf so and so, but they dont disclose the real reason for it because they know theyre being a twat for it.

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
              and if you cant use them, whats the point of having them? from me starting bf2 uptill 1.2 i rarely used them. the reason people want ff on for them? so people cant use them. it doesnt take a genius to work that out... as is always the case for people wanting nerfs in bf2, nerf so and so, but they dont disclose the real reason for it because they know theyre being a twat for it.
              It is to force people to play with skill. It was something that we had in the past, and it kept snipers in their place. Someone had to respect where they placed their tools, else they would earn a TK for being foolish. But, the other side of the coin was, foolish players that would run through a door that had a redskull marked on it, not knowing if it was a AT mine in the street, a C4 from a spec-op, or a defensive claymore of a sniper.

Turn it back on, kids using snipers for what they were not intended to do needs to be put back in check.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                It is to force people to play with skill. It was something that we had in the past, and it kept snipers in their place. Someone had to respect where they placed their tools, else they would earn a TK for being foolish. But, the other side of the coin was, foolish players that would run through a door that had a redskull marked on it, not knowing if it was a AT mine in the street, a C4 from a spec-op, or a defensive claymore of a sniper.

Turn it back on, kids using snipers for what they were not intended to do needs to be put back in check.
                so tell me what a sniper is meant to do.....?

as i see it, their job is to either clay one flag and clay a ladder or just clay the ladder and snipe from a roof. there aint much else they can do and a destuctable nerf renders roof topping pretty much useless.

Comment

the thing is if ur a sniper with ff on and u lay clays ur bound to get at least one TK unintentional, and probably a punish. if they fix the TK punish system ill change my vote. There is a red skull for a reason people!

Comment

A sniper that is putting a FF/on clay near a flag for defense, fine, but I am referring to the snipers that are in the meatgrinder of Karkand, or the roadway between City Ent and Surv Pt of Sharqi. These guys just run out there, with the rest of the Assualt, Support, and Medics, and drop a claymore in the path of engaging forces.

These are kids that are not taking the sniper kit, off to the hill tops, remote bushes, and windows that are everywhere. No, these are people that think they are just spec-ops with cool camo!

Snipers have there place, and their glory is not earned on the frontlines, but behind the enemy lines, or from the flank of the battle front.

Comment

I've noticed lately that the blast radius is ridiculous. I have been 10-15 feet from one and been killed. THis is after I clearly saw it and kept my distance.

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                        It's funny you should mention nerfing because the FF-off feature is, for all intents and purposes, a nerf. People got tired, and rightfully so, of morons who wouldn't heed the red skull warning and would charge in and die. But unfortunately, the saying goes that if you make something foolproof only a fool would want to use it. DICE tried to prevent people from getting TKs with their claymores so they just made it so that friendlies didn't set them off. How they could possibly fail to see the ramifications of that in the grand scheme is beyond me. I knew what was going to end up happening on city/CQC maps just by reading their patch notes, and unfortunately I was right. Although if you get the proper mix of people in the server and claymores are not a problem, but then again the same could be said for the reverse - if you got the proper mix of people in your server then morons running into your mines weren't a problem, either.

And no, the reason I would prefer FF-on isn't so that people cannot use them, it's so they can't use them for cheap kills without any fear of backlash. Even with the n00b t00b as it was back in the day if you launched it at an enemy who was near a friendly soldier you ran the risk of killing the friendly (and of course getting TK punished), or if you launched it too close to yourself you ended up hurting or killing yourself. Pre-patch when I got killed by a claymore I tipped my cap to the sniper who was smart enough to put that in my path, or had the wherewithall to cover his tracks while he was sniping. Now if I get killed by a claymore it's usually one that's right in the middle of the stairwell that three enemies just went running up unharmed. I'm just surprised that DICE didn't have the foresight to see how easily abused this could have been before ever releasing the patch. :hmm:

That's my feelings on it all anyway.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer

And no, the reason I would prefer FF-on isn't so that people cannot use them, it's so they can't use them for cheap kills without any fear of backlash. Even with the n00b t00b as it was back in the day if you launched it at an enemy who was near a friendly soldier you ran the risk of killing the friendly (and of course getting TK punished), or if you launched it too close to yourself you ended up hurting or killing yourself. Pre-patch when I got killed by a claymore I tipped my cap to the sniper who was smart enough to put that in my path, or had the wherewithall to cover his tracks while he was sniping. Now if I get killed by a claymore it's usually one that's right in the middle of the stairwell that three enemies just went running up unharmed. I'm just surprised that DICE didn't have the foresight to see how easily abused this could have been before ever releasing the patch. :hmm:

That's my feelings on it all anyway.

~Wolfgang
                          I am pretty sure that DiCE knew what they were doing when they turned it off, I am 100% sure of it.

That said you are right, with EVERY server now, doing TK punish kicks, it would be cleaning off the dumba**es left and right. Sadly though, I recall putting my claymores in very intellegent spots, but you always had some ******* that would want to go through that zone and I would get a punished TK. But there are idiots on both sides, the dumb sniper placement, and the dumb teammate that would run into a clearly marked zone.

Comment

i like it the way it is now, u can get mega kills

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                              Sadly though, I recall putting my claymores in very intellegent spots, but you always had some ******* that would want to go through that zone and I would get a punished TK. But there are idiots on both sides, the dumb sniper placement, and the dumb teammate that would run into a clearly marked zone.
                              Actually that brings up another thing that they said they were going to do that they never did, and that was allowing people to pick up their own claymores. I've seen it where I've been near an enemy base and I've set up 'shop', and after a little while my team has moved in and capped the flag, at which point it's more likely that a friendly will walk near me than an enemy and there's nothing I could do at that point besides pray it didn't happen. If they would have allowed them to be picked up then it would have been perfect IMO. But the next best thing was to be able to use a hand nade to destroy them.

But yeah, the one thing that DICE can never patch is player stupidity (running into teammates' mines).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Ya, I brought that issue up in the suggestion forum a couple weeks ago, and asked whatever happened to this feature from 1.2? I saw videos of it working in the beta 1.2 and then they did not deploy it. WTF happened? I recall them saying that they could not get it working 'just the way they would like' but it looked pretty good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X