Claymore poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymore poll

So which is best? People used to hate it when smacktards would run into their claymores at the top of a ladder and punish, so they allowed claymores to be destroyed with explosives (grenades, AT rockets, tank shells...even artillery). After people complained about that it got changed to a serverside option to either have FF off or on, and in either case made them indestructible.

So my question is what does everyone else think is the best option for claymores? Personally, I'd rather it be the way it was from the outset of the game. Yes, I got irritated as much as the next guy when some git ran right up to the red skull, poked it with a stick, then punished (immediately) when it blew up in his face, but I've seen what can happen in FF-off servers, especially SF ones (play a round of Warlord where the Insurgents have one palace flag and the SAS have the other) and any one running city maps, and TBH I prefer the old style by far. At least you could usually avoid clay-TKs by only using them for defensive purposes like either guarding a chokepoint where an enemy squad was moving through or if you ever had to get up and run away from that onrushing assault trooper who was advancing on your sniping spot thinking he was going to get an easy knife kill you could drop one behind you to save your skin. Nowadays, you see snipers that just charge about using claymores in areas flooded with both friendlies and enemies or you see them completely blocking off a flag or any entrance to it (doorways, stairwells, etc.) with little regard that a friendly may pass through there sometimes as well, since it can pretty much be done with impunity as the sniper won't suffer any negative effects and will almost certainly be awarded with free kills. That's my 2ยข.

So, how do you like your claymores?

Note: I know that mines and claymores are coded the same way so if you turn FF-on for clays you do it for AT mines as well, but for the sake of this poll assume that they are exclusive from one another (meaning, don't base your vote on how AT mines will be affected).

~Wolfgang

Re: Claymore poll

Want them to get allow to destroy them with Expolsives,
    But want FF off

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
      So which is best? People used to hate it when smacktards would run into their claymores at the top of a ladder and punish, so they allowed claymores to be destroyed with explosives (grenades, AT rockets, tank shells...even artillery). After people complained about that it got changed to a serverside option to either have FF off or on, and in either case made them indestructible.

~Wolfgang
      huh? since when did they make them destroyable from complaints?
      they were always able to kill friendlies and be destroyed!!

Comment

other : FF off, reduced activation radius, understoyable

or

FF off, same radius, but destroyable

Comment

FF on, destroyable, and punishes allowed.

Redeployable would be nice too.

Comment

FF off too mant noobs keep running over the claymores and punishing because they are too stupid to look for the red skull above each claymore. i think c4 should destroy it

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
              huh? since when did they make them destroyable from complaints?
              they were always able to kill friendlies and be destroyed!!
              Destroyed by explosives, I mean. It started out that they were always FF-on, but they were indestructible. As a means of preventing n00bs from running into your clays (don't ask me how this was supposed to work) they allowed people to be able to destroy them using anything with explosive damage like APC cannons or grenades. Now they've taken that ability away (again) and instead gave the serverside option for FF-off for claymores.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I think friendlies should trigger claymores + mines, but take no damage for it.

That'd remove them from high-traffic areas, but do away with tk + punish griefing. Sure you do get *******es still blowing them up intentionally, but at least you just lose 1 claymore for it, rather than 4 points and get closer to getting kicked.

also, somehow people getting killed by own claymores get all the blame .. yet, in-game most of the claymores are also placed in rather retarded places.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
                  Destroyed by explosives, I mean. It started out that they were always FF-on, but they were indestructible. As a means of preventing n00bs from running into your clays (don't ask me how this was supposed to work) they allowed people to be able to destroy them using anything with explosive damage like APC cannons or grenades. Now they've taken that ability away (again) and instead gave the serverside option for FF-off for claymores.

~Wolfgang
                  what early patch had them as indestructable then? (no 1.2 replies pls)

Comment

I think Dice is secretly trying to destroy BF2 with their patches. I know I
                    sound paranoid but even a 5 year old could have told them FF off on
                    claymores was a no-no. In the future I hope patches are assigned to the
                    people who made the damn game..

DICE Canada has made some good expansions and that's what they should
                    continue to do..

Comment

i just cant stand idiots who purposefully walk into my claymores, and its nice not having to worry about them, and theres less to worry about when walking around karkand. i just wish they made it possible to take out enemy claymores

Comment

FF ON AND PUNISH ON! Let them claymore spammers SUFFER!

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                          what early patch had them as indestructable then? (no 1.2 replies pls)
                          Hmm...I could have bet the farm that they were indestructible until patch 1.03, because I never remember being able to destroy them (or AT mines) with nades when the game first came out. Maybe I'm just off my rocker.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I love the sniper class but I don't like the clame-ores they're better than nades.. You can place them put them in some stupid corner and then an enemy passes over it and boom he's dead and you get a kill.. People just place them near flags what is annoying so I think they should teamkill people and people may punish..

But FF off, but allow them to be destroyed by explosives sounds like a better idea..

Comment

I forget in which patched they first introduced the change...but back in v1.0 all mines and claymores would kill friendlies and could NOT be destroyed. Claymores were rarely used and when they were, they were used intelligently.

In v1.2, they removed the ability to destroy them...apparently mines and claymores are linked as they are both considered 'mines' by the engine and there was some problem by having them destroyable.

v1.2 also introduced the FF off for mines (and therefore claymores) option and made it default to 'off' on ranked servers.

Claymores are very lame now as snipers lay them everywhere and will actually RUSH a flag with his claymore out.

Comment

Working...
                              X