BF2142 mod pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 mod pack

BF2142 could just have easily been a mod pack that someone on these forums created. It looks to me like, the same engine just different skins for vehicles and troops. This is why I am not buyin the BF2 "expansion pack".

Maybe someone could get some futuristic looking skins and mod BF2 and save everyone some cash.

Disclaimer the purpose of this thread is... I'm not sure, just say what you think.

Re: BF2142 mod pack

i agree with you i dont feel wasting 50 bucks for another expansion pack for bf2

Comment

You can certainly exercise your right to not buy it.

Easy.

Comment

It has it's own .exe. Thus, its not an expansion pack.

Comment

boomtown.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, boomtown.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Look at these pics. Could have just been another expansion.

Comment

This isn't to be an argument over whether or not BF2142 is an expansion.

It is a stand-alone game. It is NOT a mod. It is NOT an expansion.

Although it is BASED on the BF2 engine, it is being revamped, tweaked, and improved...so it is not a true sequel, but it will surely be a kick-*** game in its own right.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
              Although it is BASED on the BF2 engine, it is being revamped, tweaked, and improved
              Yes we all know the BF2 patches revamped, tweaked, and improved BF2, improved coming from a destructive point of view.

I bet someone will mod all the BF2142 stuff over to BF2 similar to Halo 2 (CE). A lot of people will play it because they already spent their $50 on ET:QW, BF2 official stats died, and no patches is better than EA/DICE BF2 patches.

Comment

BF2142 is being developed by DICE Sweden.

BF2 patches are developed by DICE Canada.

Man, when are you people going to figure out the difference...

I know you're upset over BF2 patches (as am I) but what does it have to do with BF2142, really?

Comment

its the way of the internet.

whine about things you dont understand with total anonymity.

He's entitled to his opinion, however worthless it may be.

Keep in mind that you cant vote until you are 18...... that's not a bad policy for forum posting too....

Comment

I know you're upset over BF2 patches (as am I) but what does it have to do with BF2142, really?
                    True...but Dice Sweden originally created BF2, and gave it over to Dice Canada to make the patchs and expansions

Comment

There's no reason why DICE Sweden and DICE Canada shouldn't both be developing adequately unless there's another variable we're forgetting. Oh yeah EA is publishing. EA's money raking formula has been working for some time so I don't expect it to change with BF2142.

Comment

noo we dont want canada helping with 2142 there patches screwed up bf2 enuf

Comment

In that case, quake wars is an expansion pack for doom 3. Uses the same engine. Weak argument? Yup ... you go figure.
                          I'll buy 2142 anyway, I just really look forward to it. I haven't really seen any futuristic shooters that play like a normal shooter. They all have this weird sci-fi feel that makes the weapons handle like crap, and everything look confusing.

And btw, that's one hell of an expansion pack that is ... 10+ maps, all new classes, weapons, improved gameplay, new vehicles, new gamemode, improved graphics, new sounds, new setting/story/background ...

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
                            BF2142 could just have easily been a mod pack that someone on these forums created. It looks to me like, the same engine just different skins for vehicles and troops. This is why I am not buyin the BF2 "expansion pack".

Maybe someone could get some futuristic looking skins and mod BF2 and save everyone some cash.

Disclaimer the purpose of this thread is... I'm not sure, just say what you think.
                            2142 = BF2 MOD
                            look at the Starwars mod for bf1942. bunch of very talented individuals, obviously Starwars freaks lol were able to create an awesome mod using a WWII game engine, physics etc... and best of all it was for FREE.
                            check out the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_99h2EONYdA

Comment

Wow, good call on the starwars mod. That does look really good, almost good enough to be titled another game and sold for 50 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X