Clear All

Re: Flying a Helicopter with a joystick

Originally posted by signa
    do i have to teach you everything?
    http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?p...count=46862987
    Owned.

Comment

Im a joystick pilot. My gunner calls me a "sexy beast" because I get 0-5 kills, when he gets all the glory... We dont die that much.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
        do i have to teach you everything?
        http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?p...count=46862987
        sorry signa
        our posts came out of sequence
        was referring to illusion 987

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
          yes - do NOT use the joystick to fly helos
          just use the joystick to set the throttle at about 30-32%
          then use the mouse for pitch and roll
          and WS for change in power
          and AD for twist left/right

to the VERY FEW that can fly the helo well with a joystick
          yes maybe for fun and better barrel rolls
          but no where near the same control as with mouse
          especially for the newer pilots
          You are completly stupid. You have binary control with the keyboard buttons. HOW THE **** CAN IT DOSE IT HAVE THE SAME CONTROL AS A JOYSTICK??

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
          goes to show you
          all you JOYSTCIK users
          are not team players
          ie your gunner should get the kills not the pilot
          and like I said - the guy is JUST learning
          and anyone who thinks using a joystick to LEARN to fly is easier than mouse is full of BS
          ps
          and I accept any challenger to meet me anytime to test my theory
          I challange you any day of the week.

Comment

I fly with a gamepad, and I kick ***. I can fly just as good with keyboard. It just depends on what you are comfortable with. It is easier to manuever about with the mouse, or a game pad.

Comment

I have no joystick... I couldn't fly the planes with mouse+keyboard if my (virtual in game) life depended on it... which it does

But I'd say I'm average with a helo... I have no problems using keyboard+mouse...

Comment

DO fly helo with joystick. You'll have alot more control than mouse/kayboard. Just takes practise.

Comment

i do ok with my joystick in helos.

i sometimes use my keyboard tho too, usually for transport helos tho. and when i do use the keyboard, i use only the keyboard, never the mouse. cant seem to work teh mouse right.

Comment

I find it easier and more fun to fly with a joystick but you don't have as much control at times like when there is a soldier right in front of you it takes a while for me to line him up with the missile but that’s the gunners job any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fussion
                      You are completly stupid. You have binary control with the keyboard buttons. HOW THE **** CAN IT DOSE IT HAVE THE SAME CONTROL AS A JOYSTICK??
                      It can have close to the same control because hitting 'w' doesn't make the throttle go all the way up. You can see the same thing with a continuous throttle; max your throttle out and see how long it takes the chopper to get to 100% then drop your throttle and see how long it takes to get to 0%.
                      This allows KB throttlers more than simply binary throttle control since they can tap the keys in a pulse-width modulated fashion and get a result very near what they want.

Personally I enjoy flying with a stick and using a continous throttle, but I know some people can do well with kb/mouse, too. JS gives me more control and allows me to point the heli exactly where I want, when I want. I don't have the practice(nor desire) to be able to do that with kb/mouse.

Comment

joystick for the win. topgungreg
                        why do
                        you write like
                        this?

Comment

Joystick all the way for me. Better throttle control since I am always changing it. Anyone claiming control problems hasn't flown long enough with a stick. I can do anything a kb pilot can. My success as a pilot is limited by the skills of the gunners. The only downside is the learning curve might be longer.

Comment

Originally posted by illusion987
                            Seriously a joystick is way better for flying helos. Those new to flying will say a mouse is better but they dont realize its taking way more brain power that should be used on the battlefield...Also the throttle should be used ont he keyboard so you have better control of it...Just a thought I mean what do I know I was only ranked like 34 in choppers and my gunner Futureink is ranked like 24...
                            lol I remember you. You and a buddy were in the Mi28 on Kubra Dam and you were raping the hell out of the other team at their base. They were crying and you told them "either kill us or join our team and teamkill us". I was already on your team so I took you up on your offer :laugh:

Comment

i used to fly with a joystick , but it was to hard to keep hovering and level with mine....and flying with my keybord is much easier than with a stick even tho i calibrated it on very touchy its still easier to turn with a mouse

Comment

Working...
                              X