Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniper kit wrong

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
    He's just a kid. He doesn't know what he's talking about, but go easy on him. He wants to think that playing a video game is like training himself for the military.

If he's anything like most young recruits I know, he'll still keep playing totally unrealistic, fantasy-land games like BF2 even after he's been in the mil for a couple of years. Maybe even moreso.

Only difference is he'll laugh when playing the game, instead of being all serious like now. Everyone should just lighten up on him and the realism - the game's a fantasy.
    first off im not that young 13 and second i know this game is nothing like the military most games arent and like the military. and im planning on going in to the naval aviator.

and ive done the research they do carry some kind of rifle or smg. claymoore havent found to much on that i think it should be with the spec ops and both the spotter and sniper carry rifle. ive done the research.

Comment

IRL snipers work in two man teams, one's the spotter, one's the shooter, and btw they dont carry fcuking smgs for there protection, so fcuk the mp5 and the uzi. They carry assault rifles, scout snipers and army DM's carry the m16 as there backup. They should change the kit though, Im not really liking the claymores and the USMC dont use the m24, the army uses that rifle, the USMC use the M40A1 Sniper Rifle

Comment

I guess IRL you respawn after 15 seconds aswell do you?

Shut up about realism...please...

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
          I guess IRL you respawn after 15 seconds aswell do you?

DUh! of course I do!

Comment

I don't want true realism, if I want something thats remotly realistic ill play GR or operation flashpoint. The only thing I can really ask for the sniper kit isL:

1) Make the fekin camo work!!! unless you find a pwnage spot with lots of bushes etc it makes the sniper stick out so bad.

2) Add zoom function to the scope!!!! Its not fun trying to pick out a single pixel when you should be able to zoom in.

3) Make all the scopes have lines the same as the L96, if the M95 was like that I'd use it all the time!

4) make the M95 a single kill weapon, a .50 cal wound would knock someone out no matter where they got hit! It does a fair bit of damage to a chopper covered in metal yet it cant penetrate a thin layer of clothing?!?!?! WTF comon lads, (im just waiting for the "that would be unbalanced yadda yadda yadda"), perhaps it would make people pay more attention to their surroundings on the maps!

Comment

M95 damage is ok.. it leaves all infantry with 2 bars health which are easily polished off by a pistol round

Comment

Well I got shot by an M95 the other day and it only brought me down to half health which confused me, as its supposed to do what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by ScOpE
                  I don't want true realism, if I want something thats remotly realistic ill play GR or operation flashpoint. The only thing I can really ask for the sniper kit isL:

1) Make the fekin camo work!!! unless you find a pwnage spot with lots of bushes etc it makes the sniper stick out so bad.

2) Add zoom function to the scope!!!! Its not fun trying to pick out a single pixel when you should be able to zoom in.

3) Make all the scopes have lines the same as the L96, if the M95 was like that I'd use it all the time!

4) make the M95 a single kill weapon, a .50 cal wound would knock someone out no matter where they got hit! It does a fair bit of damage to a chopper covered in metal yet it cant penetrate a thin layer of clothing?!?!?! WTF comon lads, (im just waiting for the "that would be unbalanced yadda yadda yadda"), perhaps it would make people pay more attention to their surroundings on the maps!
                  "That would be unbalanced yadda yadda yadda"

Sorry, I had to do it.........:laugh:

The balance could still be adhered to by reducing the M95's rate of fire or even reducing the accuracy a little. Afterall, it does take a while to recover from the inertia of .5o Cal. And a 650-700 grain ammo would be subject to more wind and gravity than a 155 grain projectile zt long range.

Honestly, Cal .50 is a bit out of fashion. I think these days all the rage is in the 300 Win mags and the .338 Lapua. Cal .50 just doesnt have the muzzle velocity.

Comment

forget it. it was just an idea

Comment

In that case, generally speaking, if you got hit by any bullet any where on your body, it would basically render you useless in the game. Even a 9mm in your thigh would put a damper in your day. Now that would make for a fun game...

Comment

Originally posted by Deathdealer247
                        "That would be unbalanced yadda yadda yadda"

Sorry, I had to do it.........:laugh:

The balance could still be adhered to by reducing the M95's rate of fire or even reducing the accuracy a little. Afterall, it does take a while to recover from the inertia of .5o Cal. And a 650-700 grain ammo would be subject to more wind and gravity than a 155 grain projectile zt long range.

Honestly, Cal .50 is a bit out of fashion. I think these days all the rage is in the 300 Win mags and the .338 Lapua. Cal .50 just doesnt have the muzzle velocity.

dont forget the .408 Cheytac.

Comment

Dude I totally agree with you. The Barrett in real life is used against armoured cars and has a range of over a mile.
                          If you get hit with that it should be game over.

Also, the Drugonov sux. It usually takes 3-4 hits to kill. Whats the point being a sniper if it takes so many hits on average to kill and it gives away your position.

Americas Army & GR really have got the weapon damage down good. (Now I know someones gonna say "So then go play AA then if you dont like BF2")

But honestly, I seriously enjoy this game & I feel it would be better if the weapon damage was more realistic. You play more carefully and last longer if you know that you can be killed by one or two hits.
                          Instead of running across streets and taking a few hits along the way you would wait till its clear before crossing.

Comment

BF2 is not RL.. You aren't comparing Pong to a real life Tennis Game also or something? It's a game if you want RL then play a sim..

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth Clobber
                              And it's ISRAELIS.
                              That would be bad spelling, not incorrect grammar!!!!

Originally posted by Stealth Clobber
                              50,000,000 words in bad grammar.
                              This is incorrect grammar, you should try to resolve saying things WITH bad ( not IN ) grammar.

If your going to get pedantic about it, at least get it right yourself. This is a gaming forum, not a literary forum, WTF !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
                                BF2 is not RL.. You aren't comparing Pong to a real life Tennis Game also or something? It's a game if you wan't RL then play a sim..
                                I dont think Im comparing Pong to real life tennis. Im comparing apples with apples. I play Americas Army, Ghost Recon, Flashpoint, CS:Source, Condemmed and a host of other games.

I enjoy realism and BF2 is very realistic in alot of ways but the damage is unrealistic. On average it takes 7-8 hits with an assault rifle to kill. BF2 is a very cool game but becomes arcade with regards to the weapon damage, and when you use a 9mm like MP5 or pistol it gets worse.

All Im saying is they invest so much game realism in weapon models, sounds effets etc and then make it arcadee with the weapon damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X