Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why I own J-10's, in an F-35.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    :laugh: , hardly so. Things arent that easy anymore. You should have a go against people posting in this thread, they know their game.

Im sure that indeed is the case.

Nah, I'm no pro dogfighter, but I usually can take out the really good ones just by being sneaky.

I like flying with low sensitivty for bombing, and I do a good job at that

Comment

The strenghts of the different jets seems to be handled quite the same from most experineced aviators. My question to other experienced JSF-pilots is: How often do do you engage the J10? Personally I go after any J10 in low heights, no matter who is piloting the J10. Hit and run seems to make a quite random result of jets going down or not.

The server-communities I play in have quite high skilled pilots, often at least, makes a bit of a challenge. For more easy kills on more inexperienced aviators, I go to large communities with UCB attacks allowed. That is so much more easy to do then in no-rape servers. If anyone wanna join for a fight, come to the TV2-server "Dragon Valley." That one is nice for dogfighting

Comment

the barrel roll works with the jets on clean sweep but not so good with f35s

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
          the barrel roll works with the jets on clean sweep but not so good with f35s
          I've never dodged anything with a barrel roll while using the F-35.

Comment

WTF is there going to be a dogfight or what I get the feeling someone is bailing out. All this talk I have to see this video.

Comment

I can't believe that this isn't going to be addressed by EA, it's been an issue since the games release and on every board there have been players saying it's an issue, then since 1.22 players have been screaming to get it fixed.

Can't they at least reduce the J10's armour one missile ground or air and it's down, also make Dalian Plant's China base cappable. I'm no coder but surely that's not hard to do?

On a 32 player Wake server with three mates on VOIP the J10 isn't a massive problem.

Not that I'm an expert but I was on a server last night againt two decent J10 (I always think a sign of a decent ish pilot is when they are clearly looking behind every few seconds).

This pair were 8-0 and 5-0 after a few minutes. I managed to down them both by being very patient, flying high behind them (not visible in rear view) then waiting. I managed to shot them both down twice with cannons. They were both of the same clan and clearly on VOIP and became totally pre occupied with me, so much so that they ended up with pretty average scores, not that my score was great but my team won.

I know this fix / tactic would not work against a very good pilot but you are talking about the top 2-3% of pilots, the top 2-3% of pilots would not get downed much anyway.

Oddly the only time I've downed a really good pilot using a J10 was 1.2

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/...rs/split_s.htm

Picture that, but going upwards, and then as SOON as you flip over, pull up and do the next one.
                It is called Immelman

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                  Just do a split-S, and make sure when you are switching to the opposite side (at the top of the split-S), you do it very fast and agile, as this is what will lose the J-10. Do Split-S's up over and over, until you are up HIGH (750-900), get up to 850-900, and NAIL the afterburners to outrun the J-10.
                  Metallica knows what he's talking about and is exactly right. This is your best bet for surviving an encounter with your standard J-10 pilot. Up against a good J-10 pilot it's useless though but still the best bit of advice in surviving a J-10 encounter.

Originally posted by colony
                  The point being the Su34 is so slow that at that first engagement the F35 has a great chance of gunning it and hitting with at least 1 missile.
                  That may be true but I still personally consider that the Su bombers are at least equal to if not better at dogfighting than an F-35B. The SU missiles will never miss the F-35B while on the other hand the F-35B missiles may and do miss the SU seemingly at random. Bottom line is though a bomber being equal to if not better than a fighter jet is ridiculous and shouldn't be the case no matter what.

Originally posted by stunt ridah
                  WTF is there going to be a dogfight or what I get the feeling someone is bailing out. All this talk I have to see this video.
                  I would've loved to indulge the people on this forum with a video and a dogfight with SMOKEJUMPER but it seems he has dissapeared after missing our original engagement. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding or maybe he now understands what I've understoof all along. I'd never dogfight a J-10 in a 1 on 1 situation with a good pilot because my ego is too big to let an inferior pilot in a superior plane shoot me down. We all know what would have happened or what still may happen during this F-35B versus J-10 showdown so really the video is nothing more than just a mastubatory gesture.

Comment

If you drop flaeres between the first and the second immelman, you will escape the J10. This beiing out of range of the J10 might give the fleares in F-35 a role (which in most cases is the only one). The radar locks on the first in sight when activated. If you keep the immelman straigt (no rolling or sideway movements) then the fleares will be the first thing the radar detects. Giving you an extra second to escape from the missiles that are fired when turning between them.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                      That may be true but I still personally consider that the Su bombers are at least equal to if not better at dogfighting than an F-35B. The SU missiles will never miss the F-35B while on the other hand the F-35B missiles may and do miss the SU seemingly at random. Bottom line is though a bomber being equal to if not better than a fighter jet is ridiculous and shouldn't be the case no matter what.
                      The F35 is so superior to the Su34 in roll, speed, and afterburner, that when engaged, the Su34 should really have no chance in keeping up with F35.

Comment

that barrel roll thing is useless ... the missiles hit

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                          Metallica knows what he's talking about and is exactly right. This is your best bet for surviving an encounter with your standard J-10 pilot. Up against a good J-10 pilot it's useless though but still the best bit of advice in surviving a J-10 encounter.

I would've loved to indulge the people on this forum with a video and a dogfight with SMOKEJUMPER but it seems he has dissapeared after missing our original engagement. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding or maybe he now understands what I've understoof all along. I'd never dogfight a J-10 in a 1 on 1 situation with a good pilot because my ego is too big to let an inferior pilot in a superior plane shoot me down. We all know what would have happened or what still may happen during this F-35B versus J-10 showdown so really the video is nothing more than just a mastubatory gesture.
                          No I'm still around and this will happen, I want to see what I can do alone against a skilled J-10 pilot. I would say sunday hang over day would be best for this say Europe mid afternoon or just after dinner time?

It will be cool to have as a training aid for people as well. I just hope it's not a what not to do video.

I am available for the next little bit too!

Comment

muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa

*i'll just get me coat.

Comment

So it´s scheduled for Sunday...maybe .

The aces that post in Totalbf2 could arrange some matches and fight one on one (switching Planes) to see who is the best.
                              Of course there will be some ego´s that will become bruised, but this is just a game and i´ll bet you will have some fun...and if you make videos available to use we surely would enjoy them.

Comment

You can't "pwn" j10's if his buddy j10 (which spawns quicker than your buddy f35 on wake) is even half intelligent and see's you chasing his buddy. Teamwork > Tactics

Teamwork (even just a little bit) in J10's = Rape

Comment

Working...
                                X