Why I own J-10's, in an F-35.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why I own J-10's, in an F-35.

but what if I fire the missile right away before u start looking back, I do that sometimes(usually when close to the enemy jet)

works most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
      but what if I fire the missile right away before u start looking back, I do that sometimes(usually when close to the enemy jet)

works most of the time
      ... well I look behind me every 5-10 seconds..

That isn't happening. I would see you, and try to just break the first lock (which is really hard cause they are most likely far-ish away, and they just "aim up" at you, if you know what I mean, so really, going kind of slow AND evading, is the best you can do.

But yeah.. that wont work on a pilot that looks behind him alot.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
        http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/...rs/split_s.htm

Picture that, but going upwards, and then as SOON as you flip over, pull up and do the next one.

I think this is what you're talking about:

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
          I haven't read very much of this thread... only up to about the end of the first page.

The original posters advice was pretty good, but only for people learning to fly the JSF.

IMO.... NEVER do a barrel roll of any type, and try to "outrun" the J-10... I have learned that over time. You will die..

Ok, to avoid a J-10 pilot, he has to be above average to follow you... so far, since I have been doing this, I haven't been shot down once... the only times I get shot down now, are the times when I am low, have no flares, AB is depleted, and I am being stupid and greedy.

Just do a split-S, and make sure when you are switching to the opposite side (at the top of the split-S), you do it very fast and agile, as this is what will lose the J-10. Do Split-S's up over and over, until you are up HIGH (750-900), get up to 850-900, and NAIL the afterburners to outrun the J-10.

The point of the split-S, is so that you continuously break the lock of the J-10, and prevent him from shooting those BS missles at you, and once you are at height, as you may know, you will beat the sh*t out of the J-10 in the speed battle. J-10's can only do mid-2,000's, while the JSF easily reaches the mid to high 3's, and into the 4k if you are just right.

So as you are outrunning him, initially, IF... he is still on you, which means he is a decent pilot, he will probably lock onto you.

Now... you are moving at like 3,500... those missles will not even come close to you, until you run out of afterburner, or you decrease in alt.

So as you are looking behind you this whole time (as you should be doing..), wait until the missles are JUST about to hit you, (like 10-20 ft), and then flare, and pull downwards very rapidly.

This is how I survive all round.... provided I have flares, and at least 50% AB at the time the J-10 sees me (I gain AB during the split-S's).

If you have no flares, you have to HOPE the J-10 loses you some time in the evading... if he still follows you, just try as hard as you can to outrun the missles. With the JSF, it doesn't matter how fast you go, the missles will always follow you... UNLESS, you pull a 2,000+, DOWNWARDS turn... from like 700 ft... yeah... the kind where you almost "slide" through the air.
          im the one who pulled that on you in the first place when we had that dogfight in 1.4 beta 1

Comment

Originally posted by gunitsoldier127
            do u wait till the j10 fires all 6 of his missiles and go rearm or do u have a way to lose him before that?
            I don't wait for anything, I do my job taking out targets on the ground and if I see a J10, well... I do what needs to be done

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
              Odd.

Maybe he's on vacation, lol.

I assume the CDN in his name stands for Canadian.

But of course, when you assume, you make an *** out of u and me. ***/u/me.

His profile also states that he lives in Vancouver, Canada.

I'm from Vancouver Canada but have been travelling for two and a half years and currently live in Amsterdam.

Holy crap I forgot about this, had no idea it would go like this. I hope I don't make an *** of myself. Anyway, it's 4 in the morning but I'll post when I wake up and we'll see if we can get this going.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                The F35 is alot better than the Su and near equal to the Mig
                Under normal circumstances you are correct. But the experienced pilots will either corkscew into 800 (at which its hard to get a lock on, because theres no chance to get a lock due to constantly being out of the lock area) or do S and split S and loops. In this case, only the use of free chase cam and spotting helps.

Comment

The point being the Su34 is so slow that at that first engagement the F35 has a great chance of gunning it and hitting with at least 1 missile. The Mig roll rate stinks, and its sprint and speed isnt as fast, so F35 has great chance of survival if engaged. Then it can come back with its own strike, control speed and land missiles

I was fighting a guy from the Thunderhawks clan, boo I believe, in a Mig and he was in F35. He was doing fast rolls that kept me off balanced. I shot him down a couple times, but I had to work for it.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                    The point being the Su34 is so slow that at that first engagement the F35 has a great chance of gunning it and hitting with at least 1 missile. The Mig roll rate stinks, and its sprint and speed isnt as fast, so F35 has great chance of survival if engaged. Then it can come back with its own strike, control speed and land missiles

I was fighting a guy from the Thunderhawks clan, boo I believe, in a Mig and he was in F35. He was doing fast rolls that kept me off balanced. I shot him down a couple times, but I had to work for it.
                    Yup, I know that. I do that a lot aswell, using individual streghts of jets that is.

Point is, you have to strike the Su as soon as possible because before it goes into his second loop you only have one chance. You can extend the time you have him it your sights if you slow down, but after the first loop, if he goes into looping war, theres going to be trouble.

And no, Im not doubting in F35Bs defensive capabilities. I love to use the quick rolls and changes in course, but its only its defense, not offense. You still, again, have one chance at first, after which only spoting and free chase cam helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                      Yup, I know that. I do that a lot aswell, using individual streghts of jets that is.

Point is, you have to strike the Su as soon as possible because before it goes into his second loop you only have one chance. You can extend the time you have him it your sights if you slow down, but after the first loop, if he goes into looping war, theres going to be trouble.

And no, Im not doubting in F35Bs defensive capabilities. I love to use the quick rolls and changes in course, but its only its defense, not offense. You still, again, have one chance at first, after which only spoting and free chase cam helps you.

Chris will knock you fools out!

Comment

no one pwns big pappa.

Comment

Originally posted by Coconut187
                          Chris will knock you fools out!
                          :laugh: , hardly so. Things arent that easy anymore. You should have a go against people posting in this thread, they know their game.

Originally posted by bigpappa
                          no one pwns big pappa.
                          planes are fast.
                          Im sure that indeed is the case.

Comment

no one pwns big pappa.
                            I've noticed every post i've seen from you is just completely random and has nothin to do with the thread.. and it's always in one sentence..

Comment

Thnx for the tips

Comment

This really is a good thread. Maybe someone could cut out all the fat (such as this) and make a sticky??

Comment

Working...
                                X