Stats reset for Knife/Pistol servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats reset for Knife/Pistol servers?

My brother was reading on another forum a disscussion of Battlefield 2, Then he read out someone got there stats reset on a Knife/Pistol server for no reason..

Re: Stats reset for Knife/Pistol servers?

playing on a knife pistol server is illegal, so they were reset for a reason..

3.2.1 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:

(a) Using tag teams to take turns to kill and revive each other in turn (using knives, pistols, etc.)

(b) Playing on Knife and/or Pistol only Servers

(c) Playing on Knife only Servers

(d) Playing on “High Points” Servers

(e) Playing on “No Artillery” or “No Armour” Servers (except when using Infantry only server-side option)

(f) Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points

(g) Turning boats upside down and constantly repairing them

(h) Glitching inside buildings (using building model glitches to attack out without risk of being hit).

Comment

Im still not clear on why the players should be reset when K&P servers are still allowed by the ingame browser and still allowed to be setup and the admins dont get reset and the server have its ranked status revoked?, shouldnt the GSP be responsible for this?

If someone doesnt visit bf2 forums (ie new to the game) how would they know that K&P servers are "illegal" if they showup by default in the browser as ranked servers??

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
        playing on a knife pistol server is illegal, so they were reset for a reason..
        Okay. Thanks very much.. Now I know and I wont be mistaken. I still think its ******** thou..

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman
          Im still not clear on why the players should be reset when K&P servers are still allowed by the ingame browser and still allowed to be setup and the admins dont get reset and the server have its ranked status revoked?, shouldnt the GSP be responsible for this?

If someone doesnt visit bf2 forums (ie new to the game) how would they know that K&P servers are "illegal" if they showup by default in the browser as ranked servers??
          Common Sense maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman

there are other forums that display the bfroe not just here,

K/P servers are something of an unfair gain for the other players

Comment

Yes yes i understand that it maybe "common sense" to players that have been on bf2 for a while but what about those that havent??.

Seems to me that the BFROE deals (in this case) with the effects rather than the cause.

Surely if they were more strict with the server admins/providers this wouldnt happen at all.

Comment

I have another question; Those high rate 999 Ticket servers, are they Allowed to play on without getting your stats reset?? My friend did a 3 and a half hour round And finshed with nearly 1000 Points.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinemaface
                  I have another question; Those high rate 999 Ticket servers, are they Allowed to play on without getting your stats reset?? My friend did a 3 and a half hour round And finshed with nearly 1000 Points.
                  that is a high points server and also illegal..

frazzman

Yes yes i understand that it maybe "common sense" to players that have been on bf2 for a while but what about those that havent??.

Seems to me that the BFROE deals (in this case) with the effects rather than the cause.

Surely if they were more strict with the server admins/providers this wouldnt happen at all.
                  we dont reset stats. EACS does.. contact them if you have a complaint http://support.ea.com

Comment

edit; omg indianscout slow down i want something to do during work your stealing my posts

Comment

ok you take over, I'm going back to work

Comment

ok you take over, I'm going back to work

waay off topic ; to late ive been given the rest of the day off lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                          edit; omg indianscout slow down i want something to do during work your stealing my posts
                          lol! well, u jus added a post. :P
                          and while i was typing, another 2 new posts came out... so fast...

Comment

Originally posted by venny
                            lol! well, u jus added a post. :P
                            alot can happen in 4mins here or as today has been nothing

Comment

that is a high points server and also illegal..

we dont reset stats. EACS does.. contact them if you have a complaint http://support.ea.com

ahh right pass the buck time..., so why do you endorse the BFROE when you cant enforce it ?

So it seems the player is picked on rather than the server which is the main problem.

If there were no ranked K&P servers then ppl would go unranked then there wouldnt be a problem?

Seems the BFROE missed the mark yet again.

Its "Common sense" to go after the server admin or GSP for allowing this to happen. In effect by resetting players stats for playing K&P servers is saying..

"Its ok to have a K&P server ranked and online but NOT ok to play on them"

Comment

Working...
                              X