Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BTR-90 vs LAV-25

Originally posted by gregster
    Does anyone else think that the LAV has either stronger armor or a better gun? Seems that whenever the two meet the LAV always wins, and always wins if it can score a hit with an AT missile on the BTR.
    ya, lately iv been using the apc a lot, and i ALWAYS lose in a fight with a LAV

Comment

As an official armor whore -- I personally like the LAV. Dunno why, I just like the feel of the gun in the back, not the front.

Comment

The spash damange on the LAV gun is extremely ridiculous. Half the time i am killed by it, it is because it is shooting at a wall 5 feet in front of me and i lose 1/5 health every time.

You just have to guess where your enemies are to kill them unlike the btr cannon.

Comment

i always prefer the btr...it has rapid fire which can wipe out infantry...dont kno about when it comes to btr vs lav, but i always get more kills with the BTR-90

Comment

I like the LAV better. lol the best strategy for BTR APC vs. APC fighting is to fire your missile, put the smoke screen out, bail, then use the AT kit to hopefully destroy the LAV. I love the splash damage in the APC but hate it as infantry. Cover is pretty much useless because all they have to do to kill you is shoot the wall behind you. But the issue to the solve the weakness of the BTR is to buddy up with a tank. The BTR crosshairs get confusing even though most of the time you don't have to aim just shoot the general area. Funny thing is I don't think I've ever beaten an LAV with the BTR but I beat a tank once on oman that was at full health.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCircuitCash
              Now if we can just decrease the load time for the LAV AT reload. : /
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but the LAV's main gun does the most damage of any of the APCs, which would appear to make up for it.

The BTR is just an infantry shredding machine, nothing more or less.

Comment

I like them all and definitley prefer them over tanks.

Comment

I love the LAV.. BTR is alright, and I hate the 551..

Comment

Working...
                  X