Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Com'on! SF needs rescue, come save this great expansion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Com'on! SF needs rescue, come save this great expansion!

theve stopped playing for the boosters

Comment

Two ideas.

1) EA gives Special Forces away for free as a gesture to the community, much like what Enemy Territory and most recently, F.E.A.R Combat has done. Then every BF2 player could experience for themselves the high quality of SF.

2) We make our own banners, sig's and avatars, to spread the word about SF. Being positive, telling friends on the forums how we feel about the game, that they should play it, give it a go. Like, a mini-campaign.

I don't think SF is dying at all though. There is plenty of servers, and many players. Of course you can't compare it to the ammount of vanilla servers and players, that will always have more of each. Lets just keep playing, and having fun, while trying to encourage others to join us

Comment

ok i just installed it- load up the game and get a error

Error! mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found!!! _DO_ check your working directory, _AND_ sync you'r shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering progammer/GP/ (Really!)

wut is that about?

Comment

Originally posted by coolioali47
          ok i just installed it- load up the game and get a error

Error! mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found!!! _DO_ check your working directory, _AND_ sync you'r shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering progammer/GP/ (Really!)

wut is that about?
          Yep i had that error ,best way to fix it is uninstall it wrap it up in paper and put it in the bin,:laugh: you have to first install BF2 then SF then patch 1.3 full ,then you wont have any probs. in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by The _Hoy
            I only play SF and have done for the last 6 months. Day maps only - usually Warlord.

I love the infantry based small maps.
            I love the fact that plane whores dont exist, so when trying to capture a flag, I cant be constantly bombed from above, and feed the stats of some ****.
            I love the frenetic fighting style, the kind of close quarter combat you just dont get on Vanilla.
            Agreed, I love that aspect of SF, I love in Ghost Town how they're area lot of buildings you can go on top of, it makes for some great fun.

I believe alot of the reason why people play vanilla more then SF, is because I think the majority of people who have bought the game bought solely BF2, and not the deluxe pack, as I assume it was not avaiable at that time, now they just don't care enough to buy it online.

I agree though, we need to save SF!

Comment

i am getting SF this friday. im looking forward to it

Comment

Well I can't be blamed for not playing SF since I've only ever played Vanilla for 36 minutes compared to 398 hours 50 minutes playing SF.

Comment

(have only checked the first page of this thread so far)

Wanted to say I find SF much better than vanilla. It's interesting also, I've always found it easier to 'own' a few ppl when I've made the jump back to vanilla from SF - Not sure why that is? I'm determined to get a few of those SF awards before 2142 comes out so you'll see me on the servers. If only they'd let us use zips and graps on vanilla *sigh*

Comment

SF, brings a new ME! I lov Ghost Town and the fact of the Apache and the many buildings to go into Plus, the sniper tower and sniper building is fun
                    Reg BF2 is only for... Wake Island and Golf Of Oman.. thats it.. "PERIOD"
                    Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Bickus^Dickus
                      Roger that mate ,my ingame name is British.Tiger and you will find me at the top of the table j/K:laugh:Or tea bagging a general ..lol
                      You Brits and your blasted tea. j/k M8, the only thing more satisfying than tea bagging someone higher than you is doing it while taking the flag he was defending.

Comment

its very disappointing when after you've killed someone and you go to teabag them, you find them laying............... face down

Comment

SF > vBF2

Ghost Town > any vBF2 map

Comment

For me the quality of the maps in SF is much higher than in BF2. While Kubra Dam and Wetlands bug me a bit I enjoy aspects of all the SF maps. Again, with the addition of the zip line and grap hook it makes it so much more vast and encompassing.

SF ftw

Comment

Working...
                            X