Most heli pilots & gunners suc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most heli pilots & gunners suc

WHY? One simple thing, the pilots fault for not giving a good shot to the gunner. Major error a pilot does is to fly extremely low not giving the gunner a clear shot. When you don't give the gunner a clear shot, it takes the gunner longer to learn the TV guided missle.This is why most gunners suc. Elite pilots and gunners fly at a medium altitude giving room for evasive manuevers and good shots for the gunners.

About the pilot, most pilots fly really low when leaving their base. What does the gunner see ? NOTHING. And if he does see a target he launches the missle, but guess what? the gunner can't control the missle because your too damn low to the ground.

Re: Most heli pilots & gunners suc

This has been driving me crazy lately. I'm usually a pilot by like 300hrs to 10hrs gunning but have gone over to the other side and now I'm experiencing that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

Its really pisses me that all these pilots who think they a very leet flying 5ft off the ground which is as useless as tits on a bull for the gunner. I've been doing my best to re-educate these types of pilots by telling them to fly higher and how to actually line up the co-pilot for a good shot. But it does get very frustrating.

Comment

the most frustrating thing is when u r lining up ur gunner to tv a tank, and they just sit there doing nothing. then its even worse if the start shooting with the cannon

Comment

Thats probably one of the most irritating issues in BF2. How can one man in the chopper make it a TOTAL HELL for the other, and in the same time a good working duo make it a paradise?

Comment

Ok granted I don't play "jet maps" but as far as city maps like sharqi go...

If you are new to gunning, use this system as a foundation on what is MOST important for you to blow up/kill:

1- (stingers)
          2- (humvee)
          3- (infantry)
          4- (tanks)

22.75 chopper k/d ratio, 84 kill streak (average 40-60 though) using this system.

I'm not bragging by any means, I'm sure plenty have better stats, but the bottom line is, if you take out the things that are most dangerous to you (cars and stingers) FIRST, you can and will stay alive.

Communication is a must too.
          Make a squad, invite your gunner/pilot and be his second set of eyes.
          "stinger is up, humvee just spawned, kill it" and so forth.

Comment

the only victim in bad pilot/gunner scenerios is the gunner.......a crappy pilot will always result in crappy gunning......however, a crappy gunner can be made up for with a decent pilot, a decent pilot should be able to make the kills the gunner fails to make.....

i wish ppl would just grow up about this whole thing......its only a game, and it doesnt do ANYONE any good to be a total *** and deny ppl rides, or force OoB punish....it does however do everyone some good by sharing the vehicles, so you can give the gunner some experience and tips, while you hone your pilot skills......if you need a gunner, or need to solo, then you still got learning to do....

this whole issue is too old, theonly thing that keeps this issue alive is immature turds who cant share

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
              i wish ppl would just grow up about this whole thing...

...it does however do everyone some good by sharing the vehicles, so you can give the gunner some experience and tips, while you hone your pilot skills......if you need a gunner, or need to solo, then you still got learning to do....
              Me too...

This thread from start to finish (and especial what alphacue has to say) is why there should be a Chopper/ anything tutorial. I don't mean that, the first time you hop in and a monotone voice gives you the basic controls. I'm talking about a full blown, single player, interactive (because we all know video tutorials are pointless) tutorial with tips and hints. Available in single player so you can practice before you go ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
                This thread from start to finish is why there should be a Chopper/ anything tutorial. I don't mean that, the first time you hop in and a monotone voice gives you the basic controls. I'm talking about a full blown, single player, interactive (because we all know video tutorials are pointless) tutorial with tips and hints. Available in single player so you can practice before you go ranked.
                Go to Hints&Tips section and look for "ArmyDrs Helicopter Tutorials" or video.google.com for Helicopter Tutorial. They are wellformed, well made 4 videos of proper helicopter piloting, with 4th being a gunner video. Its the best stuff on the net at the moment.

Comment

[EDIT Be nice]

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
                    This thread from start to finish is why there should be a Chopper/ anything tutorial. I don't mean that, the first time you hop in and a monotone voice gives you the basic controls. I'm talking about a full blown, single player, interactive (because we all know video tutorials are pointless) tutorial with tips and hints. Available in single player so you can practice before you go ranked.

Too bad they didn't make a certain numbers of hours requested before you have access to be a pilot, kinda like unlocks. This would be great for the community. Also people who get their accounts reset would have to start over their hours to have access to planes & helis.

Comment

Originally posted by GSG9xSNIPER
                      Too bad they didn't make a certain numbers of hours requested before you have access to be a pilot, kinda like unlocks. This would be great for the community. Also people who get their accounts reset would have to start over their hours to have access to planes & helis.
                      Oh yeah, that would have been a terrific idea.

Let's back track to last June. We all have zero time on our accounts and don't have access to choppers or jets. lol

That's not the kind of feature you implement 13-14 months after the game has been released.

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
                        the most frustrating thing is when u r lining up ur gunner to tv a tank, and they just sit there doing nothing. then its even worse if the start shooting with the cannon
                        This happens every time for me. SO I tell them "use your TV MIssles" (and after spamming that 10 times, they finally see it, cuz the chat system in BF2 sucks), but anyways, thats a whole different story.

so Yeah, I tell them us tv missles, and they say "okay" and end up missing every time because, they dont know how to use them. most people dont know u have to click to use the tv missles.

ugh, i wish battlefield came with a better tutorial.... for people like these

Comment

#1 rule in our server
                          if gunner does not join squad of pilot and get on at least VOIP
                          he gets sent packing
                          even a NOOB can do well with voice comms
                          and a great pilot / gunner team has a HARD time with out voice comms

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
                            One thing you have to remember as a pilot though is the gunner might not be looking at what you are looking at. This happens to me quite a bit, I'm scanning the area as a gunner and the pilot is looking at something on the ground but never says a word over VOIP (if he actually is on VOIP) and never spots what he wants you to attack. Or as a gunner I'm frantically spotting the other heli and the pilot is lining me up to shot a tank. When the tank say can't hit us due to our altitude and the other heli is the main priority because he's about to tv our ***.

Comment

agree....communication is key.....without it, pilot and gunner end up doing their own thing, and both failing......

ive been victim of noob pilots getting pissed at me for not taking shots they fail to line me up for......so before you condemn ur gunner......make sure your doing ur job

Comment

Working...
                              X