how to aim with PKM?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to aim with PKM?!?!?!

So yesterday I unlocked the PKM since I see that it does 45 damage and I felt like trying a new gun, so i look first at the weapons guide and notice that prone accuracy is better than zoom accuracy and i take this into account. i get into a server, load up my new pkm killing machine, and apparently it ain't working out so great. why? well the aim reticle is huge so whenever i see an enemy that is more than like 15 feet away, i prone and shoot in small bursts which ain't so bad. the problem comes when an enemy is far away where i have to zoom, and the bullets rarely hit. so i try shooting at a metal fence while zoomed to see where bullets are going, and basically bullets are flying all over the place and not at the top of the iron sights. how do i use this gun?!?! i'll keep practicing at it yes, but maybe someone could lead me in the right direction. the only good thing about using the pkm is that when i go back to my trusty g36e, everything seems so much steadier!!

Re: how to aim with PKM?!?!?!

I still haven't got the 100% hang of it myself, Support is one of my least played classes. I can use the PKM, but only seems to do well at close range and firing in bursts, I do want to know how to rack kills from long distances, wheather to use full burst or just short bursts.

Comment

Originally posted by matasho
      So yesterday I unlocked the PKM since I see that it does 45 damage and I felt like trying a new gun, so i look first at the weapons guide and notice that prone accuracy is better than zoom accuracy and i take this into account. i get into a server, load up my new pkm killing machine, and apparently it ain't working out so great. why? well the aim reticle is huge so whenever i see an enemy that is more than like 15 feet away, i prone and shoot in small bursts which ain't so bad. the problem comes when an enemy is far away where i have to zoom, and the bullets rarely hit. so i try shooting at a metal fence while zoomed to see where bullets are going, and basically bullets are flying all over the place and not at the top of the iron sights. how do i use this gun?!?! i'll keep practicing at it yes, but maybe someone could lead me in the right direction. the only good thing about using the pkm is that when i go back to my trusty g36e, everything seems so much steadier!!
      If you can't hit with the PKM you have problems. I am a support player, most of my time is with support. PKM weapon of choice. Just aim and fire in bursts, if you hold it down the spray is terrible, a few short bursts = win.

The PKM is a beast when you know how to handle it, many 100 point rounds.

Comment

yea, pkm is a hard gun to use, if im mec i take the rpk, but when im us i take the pkm and use short burts but for long distance get your pistol out!!, some players can be great at pkm long distance but i for one am not.

Story: i saw a lil noob with a pkm and he tried to shoot me, i was about 7 feet away from him and all i did was jump up and down left to right and he did not hit me, i then done this for about 20 seconds to annoy him then got the old knife out and stabbed him :P.

Close range karkand hotel shooting is where you wanna use a pkm

Comment

aim low - the bullets will creep up as you fire.

Comment

aim it just like any other gun. i have many hours with the pkm and i can out snipe snipers with it using 3-4 shot bursts. its just like aiming the m16. you must be proned at all times while using it, but for close range, croutched is ok.

Comment

small bursts, eg 1-2 bullets ( i like 1) while prone and zoom. the bullets still have a tendancy to miss and fly everywhere since it got nerfed AGAIN!!!

Comment

After you get used to it, you'll develop a pattern.

Bap-Bap-Pause-Bap-Bap-Pause

I sure do like taking out snipers with it

Comment

Is it better than the third tier unlock for support?

Comment

Just practice, you will get it. . . it isn't all that hard of a gun to use. Just remember that you ain't gonna hit sheet unless you go prone and bring up the ironsights. Practice shooting just one bullet.

Comment

PKM's a tricky wepon to use but well worth the pratice needed to master it. alot of people say that bursts work well and spraying is horrible and can't get far off targets but i do the exact opposite and spray many targets to death. It's basically personal preferance;whatever works best for you, you just need to spend a few hours with it to get a feel for what works best for you playing style. One person's strategy won't work for everyone, that goes for all wepons and such.

That being said, my personal strategy that works quite well from me and for some others is to just get as close as possible to the target while still taking as much cover possible and spray the target while ajusting for recoil(try to keep 'em in the center of the crosshairs). works for me just fine but the key thing is to experiment for your own tastes.

Comment

Yeah, the MG 36 sucks Shooty

Comment

PKM sucks!

single or double shot taps at a distance..with the deviation of the PKM and the "cone" its still tricky.
                          But..aim low single/double tap.

Comment

Originally posted by matasho
                            prone accuracy is better than zoom accuracy
                            I just unlocked it too and I'm not doing very well. Does this mean when I prone I should just leave it unzoomed?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUfan61
                              Yeah, the MG 36 sucks Shooty
                              Wow, prepare for some fallout offa that remark.

The MG36 is one of the most accurate guns in the game if you use it properly. The Prone/Zoomed shot deviation is very low.

The problem(?) people have is with the Maximum Deviation per Shot is VERY high. Shoot too many times in a row and your Deviation will have you spraying the neighborhood. But short bursts while zoomed can make it a very deadly weapon.

Originally posted by Graphic
                              I just unlocked it too and I'm not doing very well. Does this mean when I prone I should just leave it unzoomed?
                              Prone Zoomed / Unzoomed Deviation (approximate values)

First shot: 0.08 / 0.08
                              Second shot: 0.68 / 0.46
                              Third shot: 1.28 / 0.68

*BTW, the higher the number the more deviation in the shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X