Expert Explosives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expert Explosives

I planted C4 in a pattern around the Karkand Factory MEC Flag and simply waited as a commander.

The rapers took the base in two APC's and some infantry. BOOM.

I waited for them to come back, they never did. Aint going to get 30 kills that way with C4.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
      I do not ask for DICE/EA to nerf things, but it would be better if they lowered this, but not lowered it in that way. What I think it should have, to prevent both C4 chucking, Claymore whoring etc is have maybe something like:

15 Explosive kills IAR
      1000 - 5000 Global explosive kills

It's just they did it with the knife, but I think they should have done it with the Explosives badge as well, I have gotten my explosives badge before but the server connection error'd and crashed. But thats not the point, point is that lowering from 37 to 30 has made it easier but not 100% easier. I don't Jihad jeep, but now that thats against the ROE its harder again for people to expert.

So I think that it should depend on global scores, since thats what they did to the knife.

Also with Ranks, since they are easier in a way to obtain, especially the beggining ones, and now alot of people have hit 3 stars, so say in a year, there will be 100,000's of people with 3 stars and no more ranks to get, people imo like working towards a target or towards something.
      No way. Enough nerfing.

Comment

SOB.com have a great tutorial on how and when to use explosives

I read this and went into a server and immediately got my basic exp badge. I would recommend Sharqi as the map, and try to stay around hotel and mine the road and also empty vods/jeeps....you'd be surprised how many players won't pay attention to UNDER the vehicle. It's then when they try to get in to gun you down in plain sight they go KABOOM!

Comment

AGAIN JIHAD JEEPS ARE NOT AGAINST THE ROE! It is a rule that can be implemented for private ranked servers if they want.

I got expert under the old requirements using mostly claymores in the alleys by the hotel on Karkand. Had a support guy to resupply. I would put them out, get a ammo pack and wait for a kill notification. I would immediately place a new mine(s) or replace the original and get another pack. Changing the mine location is important unless you see waves of mindless infantry trying to rush the alleys. Repeat over and over. This works best on the 24/7 Karkand servers where the US (for reasons unknown to me, but way to common) tends to only attack the hotel area, especially the alleys. The best kills are the ones where one or more sets off the mine, you replace the mine, a medic revives the dead guy(s) (you know, the Karkand medic whores that only run around reviving anything dead regardless of the situation..tank/apc a few feet away, claymore spammer), BOOM kill the same guy(s) and the medic when they get up and start running. Now if another medic whore comes onto the scene... magic. Mine was a magical round as I ended up with close to 50 kills, a gold medal and the expert badge.

Final note on why Claymores. They are almost aways good for at least 1 kill per mine (assuming you place them in decent traffic areas). They kill if you leave the area or get killed. You can put out more than 2 (they overlap for a short period) if you die and respawn.

C4 is possible, but you are always waiting on people to enter the kill zone and make sure they are in range to get the kill. Also note, you can actually hide C4 (it's invisible) on the cement base of the flag (they still haven't fixed it), but you still need to have a view of the flag, and hope it doesn't actually go grey (meaning you may have to move to another flag).

Vehicle mines take a while and sometimes don't work (people see them and drive around, or they never drive in the area you mined).

For those going against claymore spammers, always go to an area with a medic. Clear the mine, revive and keep moving forward. There's always a countermeasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
            I don't Jihad jeep, but now that thats against the ROE its harder again for people to expert.
            it is suposed to be hard for people to expert in stuff that is why it is called EXPERT!!!! it is called that for a reason.... lol but it is very hard i agree but it is supossed to be if everything was made easier just because it was a little bit hard it would ruin the game

Comment

I have over 1300 explosive kills.

Plenty of teamkills too.

How expert is one to stick a explosive? Bleah. Ive done everything possible within the game's world and still cannot get the 30.

I just finished about 5 hours worth of mining, jihading and claying the hell out of the enemy on both sides using every delivery path possible.

There is only so many you can get in 10-20 minutes.

So many people have adapted to fighting the Jihaders and other cackling crazed maniacs intent on blowing them up, targets are actually hard to come by.

When they see my Jihad jeep coming in Karkand, the opponets part like the red sea on cue.

Oh I pine for the days where everyone was a nooblet into thier first week of the game and stacking into the alley or something while they used many deaths while learning NOT to go into that alley.

Comment

Man I found it hard to get vet explosive, before it was nerfed.

Comment

I got it at 37 kills on karkand.

just follow your tanks until they encounter enemy tanks. Then drive/run behind the mass of tanks and c4 away. Usually you can blow both apcs and the tank all at once with 5 c4, but I've been seeing less tank teamwork lately.

Comment

The less tank teamwork means the Jihad is breaking up the armored formations.

Also the really long engineer repair times ruin a engineer's chances while boosting a lucky spec ops chances of getting 30 kills off a bunch of armor and several infantry a few times in Karkand.

No one wants to play armor blown up sir.

Comment

I got my Expert Explosives Ordinance badge back in May (Karkand map) before that badge got nerfed. I've found that using a combination of AT mines, Claymores and C4 in one round is the way to go. Using just one type of explosive in a round will be very difficult. Numerous times I got over 30 kills but just short of 37 kills before the round ended.

Having Support guys drop ammo packs or finding supply crates is essential to having explosives when you really need them.

Comment

Well im not bothered about it now seen as i just got my expert explosive there it was tought but in the end i ended up with about 40 odd claymore kills hehe on karkand

Comment

oh god, same threads over and over again...

Prooven method:

Join 64 Karkand server with 20 people. Put C4s on your jeep and do suicide attacks till the end. Try to find target with more people around. Ive got expert badge on my first try.

Comment

I did some rounds in Karkand in the Straferight server yesterday all Jihad all the time.

As a MEC I averaged about 15 kills a round with a high of 18 and a low of 8.

The kills depended on getting to the armor or the Hotel spawn under the arch way just after it's capture for maximum effect. 2-3 kills each time seems to be the best.

It is alot of fun to intercept a enemy APC pregenant with troops trying to cross the river but those are pretty rare.

When the commander does not support the Jihad with vehicle drops then it is impossible to get 30+ in a normal round.

I prefer to try SF servers where 16-20 people in large maps like Warlord and should be able to get 30+ for it but has not really worked well for some reason not awarding several times with scores of 30+ kills just with C4.

I blame that on server crashes caused by 1.3 patch.

Comment

I've been trying for a couple of weeks on and off. Still cant get it lol

Im sure the other day that i was laying more than 2 claymores at a time.
                              I was dropping 2 at a time then getting re-supplied, and trying my luck by dropping a couple more. 1 or 2 would go off and im positive that mines out of the first batch would stay there!

eg. lay 2 clays(1st batch), then get resupplied. Then lay 2 more!(2nd batch)
                              How long till 1st batch disappear?
                              And if 1 from 1st batch goes off and 1 from 2nd batch goes off, does that mean that the remaining 2 will stay?

I'm sure that there is an overlap time (only seconds) where you can lay more than 2 clays. So if you can get a kill quickly enough from it, your original clays will stay put!

Am i wrong?????

Comment

I need the Expert, and it is inpossilty to get! I have tryed eveything to get it!
                                (No Stat pading). NEED HELP TO GET IT
                                anyone one up to helping get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X