Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that we'll have IO mode...can we get some de-nerfs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now that we'll have IO mode...can we get some de-nerfs???

I miss being able to shoot people with the BH mini guns. Now it's pretty much a flying coffin or a Kamakazi death machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez646
      I miss being able to shoot people with the BH mini guns. Now it's pretty much a flying coffin or a Kamakazi death machine.

Yeh but they were a bit powerfull obv i would rather have kept them the way they were as whoring on mashtuur was priceless with the black hawk hehe but thats jst another thing they messed up

Comment

Re: Now that we'll have IO mode...can we get some de-nerfs for Reg mode???

Originally posted by Talus
        ...and the BH mini-guns were also imbalanced and were being abused.

It just seems that maybe it was something that YOU enjoyed abusing
        Wow Talus, For a moderator your posts have become more and more inflamatory lately.

Was there really anything im any of my posts to insinuate that I was an abusive player? I abhor people that abuse weaponry. I applauded when they nerfed the GL. Jump in excitement when they did something to stop C4 chucking.
        But at least those items are still usable.
        THe BH Mini's are nothing but Pea shooters now.
        I'm not looking for a complete return to what they were but at least let me kill a soldier with reasonable ease. It's a friggin minigun FFS.

People onthe ground need to learn to play smarter.
        When you hear the BH coming you should want to run for cover.
        There should be some AT people or FAVs/Humvees positioned to deal with it. It should be some kind of thread.
        Right now it's a glorified flying coffin. Those guns should rip apart an unsuspecting attack chopper. It hardly does anything.
        Give the BH something to work with again and you'll see better and more exiting gameplay again.

Comment

i still think an ac chopper with a gd co-pilot can do a lot of dmg. less missiles encourages more teamwork becos u have to rely onur gunner more. it is still possible to take out tanks/apcs etc with 8 rockets. it jst means u have to use ur gunner more, line up targets and make it a two-man show instead of one guy jst going in for diving runs.

Comment

OK...I can band a bit on the AC chopper.
            Yes and good gunner and pilot combo can be very devestating.
            But when youe pilot gets shout out the pilots payload is not the primary weapon to defent your self with.
            I still say that 8 isn't enough. Maybe 10 then. I just find myself reloading WAY too much

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
              OK...I can band a bit on the AC chopper.
              Yes and good gunner and pilot combo can be very devestating.
              But when youe pilot gets shout out the pilots payload is not the primary weapon to defent your self with.
              I still say that 8 isn't enough. Maybe 10 then. I just find myself reloading WAY too much
              you get only 8 missles yes but you get 4 reloads of 8 so that enough missles to take out atleast 4 tanks before going back to the pad,where the missles (all 32 of them)are reloaded faster than i can reload my m95 so 8 is a fair balance.

note i may be slighty out with the total number of missles in a AC but i dont fly alot but from what i can remeber it was around that number.

Comment

Never gonna happen.

Comment

I want the old GL for IO mode

It'd be like rocket jumping back in Q2 or UT99

Comment

Make it so 1 At rocket downs all helicopters and aircraft and you can buff their cannons as much as you want, I dont care if Im still at a disadvantage as long as I at least stand a chance against them. Right now its sort of rediculous having to rely on static AA sites that miss and dont even down things in 2 hits, and flares, and my god its lame.

Comment

I'm thinking we need some re-nerfing, too. Can't understand why ea/dice made them weapons weaker and weaker from patch to patch..

Comment

Originally posted by Combat-Quokka
                        Never gonna happen.
                        Can you be even a little more specific???

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                        I want the old GL for IO mode

It'd be like rocket jumping back in Q2 or UT99
                        No No NO...it's bad enough that people don't like vehicles so they got their own mode, let's not actually turn BF2 into Quake or Unreal.
                        That's another reason why the GL was toned down. BF2 is NOT a twitch shooter.

Originally posted by Sung_Do_Chuck
                        I'm thinking we need some re-nerfing, too. Can't understand why ea/dice made them weapons weaker and weaker from patch to patch..
                        Is it me or is your statement a contradiction.
                        Re-nerfing= To nerf again.
                        Then you say you don't understand why weapons were made weaker in each patch. That's what nerfing is. making weapons needlessly weaker as an attempt at balance.

Instead of nerfing they should try balancing in other ways OR make the counter weapons/vehicles Stronger. Some people call this "Nerfing-up which sounds like a contradiction too but we all seem to understand it's meaning.

Comment

uhhh no

Comment

I think the GL was indeed too powerful, but makeing it completly useless in most situations wasn't the best way to go about it. The two major alterations were as far as I can see.

1) Splash damage was toned way down.- I can see where they were going with this. It was pretty lame to be going around with you squad and say after a gunfight a two of you are standing around a supply crate, and two others are respectivly five-six feet to the right and left of the crate. A lone wolf enemy assault is wandering around and a UAV picks your guys up so he just presses "4" hops around that corner and greases all 4 of you in a 11ft radius and thats that. Now while a 11m meter radius is deadly in real life; real life isn't always fun. I think that the Splash radius as is stands is just a simged too small and I would like to see it grow a little more to around 5ft or so but as it stands it's okay. Good for stationary targets behind sandbags and as a killer against FAV's and Vod's who are capping flags.

2) Projectile speed reduced. This just sucks to me, it was done to reduce noob tubeing like in the scenario above but now it's purpose is greatly diminished I used to be able to hit transport vehicles while they were driving roughly 4/5 at reasonable distances mind you (I practiced with the GL) you but with this its now more 2/5. I can still do it occasionally but it's near impossible at some angles, of the two this is the one I would like to see return.

I mean the GL has to have some use it is the ASSAULT class and should be a contender in the small arms infantry arena. True it gets and armour bonus and mabye some flashbangs if you bought SF but the Support gets a bigger armour bonus, the medic can heal himself and gets just as good if not more versitle weapon choices plus sprint (not complain'n about either class, as I play medic these days). So as it stands it's probably just better to play medic or support and get their perks.

Comment

The BH guns should be only SLIGHTLY buffed. Its still effective as a stable gun platform, but the guns were ridiculous before. Its been stated before, by other people: The guns should be between what they were before and what they are now. Not at either extreme.

Comment

let me try to understand this, in IO mode the jeeps have no guns, so YOU want the BH to have or almost have the miniguns of past, the same mini guns that could shred an APC in seconds

That sounds like YOU, want to abuse those guns in a mode that has no heavy machine guns on jeeps, I only highlight YOU, because YOU are asking for it

Thought the whole purpose of an IO mode was to remove armor/aircraft/heavy machine guns, so now you want back the flying tank to place it in an enviroment where it will most likely NEVER get shot down, and never get blown up on the pad, due to no UCB attacking rules

Do I make sense or you have it different in your mind?
                                Talus's post was not inflamatory

Comment

Working...
                                X