Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that we'll have IO mode...can we get some de-nerfs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now that we'll have IO mode...can we get some de-nerfs???

Originally posted by matgn03
    The main thing I think they should fix is the j10- f35 imbalance, its outrageous. I just bail everytime i hear a lock in a f35 cuz even with flairs the missiles hit often and even if they dont a few seconds later you are toast .
    that is so right

Comment

i bet, that if miniguns have former damage, but still no splash damage, you couldnt kill a squat with them, still.

all that made bh so powerfull was miniguns insane splash damage - you didnt need to aim at all. and dont try to argue, anyone who managed to tk his way into the minigun spot know it. bh was popular not because it was a 'teamwork tool and oportunity' [utter BS] but because it allowed you to earn insane team points from kill asists and kills. VERY easily. yet, while mec/pla chopper presents identical teamwork oportunity, nobody form these 'teamplayers; realy used 'the box'. why? because they are hipocrites.

btw. and you have the courage to stand and say, that BH didnt imbalance masthur?

BH is a transport choppper. not a gunship from hell it was before. and you bh-whores did something that made me hate you - you nerfed the engineer repair speed.

you ask why BH is so weak? play mec/pla sometimes and see, that 'the box' sux even more. and good, it is transport heli, not another attack chopper. and still whose who know how to use it can win rounds with them. but not using it for killing, they were never intended to, but for transportation from flag to flag

Comment

SSGH I think he was talking about the BH OUTSIDE IO servers . Wouldn't make much sense if he wasn't.

Comment

I wouldnt mind the GL back.

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
            let me try to understand this, in IO mode the jeeps have no guns, so YOU want the BH to have or almost have the miniguns of past, the same mini guns that could shred an APC in seconds

That sounds like YOU, want to abuse those guns in a mode that has no heavy machine guns on jeeps, I only highlight YOU, because YOU are asking for it

Thought the whole purpose of an IO mode was to remove armor/aircraft/heavy machine guns, so now you want back the flying tank to place it in an enviroment where it will most likely NEVER get shot down, and never get blown up on the pad, due to no UCB attacking rules

Do I make sense or you have it different in your mind?
            Talus's post was not inflamatory
            Sounds like YOU didn't understand this thread.
            I'm not talking about IO servers because 1 I won't be playing there and 2 because there won't be a BH in IO Servers.

I'm saying (once again) is now that all the people who don't like vehicles will be on their own servers, those that do like vehicles would like to see some on the things that were needlessly nerfed (because of the whining vehicle haters) should be un-nerfed.

Once again another moderator flaming me (for no reason) when I'm just trying to have a discussion. Only this time you didn't even understand my point when everyone else does.

Also let's not forget.
            If the BH was made useful again it would also present some points oportunities for people who are not in it.

Those 4,5 and 6 kills you get from downing one are really nice.
            Right now not enough people are using it. Maybe 2 or 3 at a time (in most cases) because its just not a worthwhile vehicle any more.

Comment

i think the attack choppers missiles are fine its overpowered enough as it is. The BW guns were massively overpowere compared to the MEC choppers guns.

But as i say time and time again instead of weakening the BW guns why not make the MEC chopper guns better? Makes sense doesn't it i mean ffs wouldn't any sane person agree?

Comment

could just give the blackhawk guns limited ammo (that would have to be at a helipad etc) > or land and support to give ammo. increase the splash damage to 1.12 and it could be pretty good.

I still would want the cows to be increased as well

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
                  But as i say time and time again instead of weakening the BW guns why not make the MEC chopper guns better? Makes sense doesn't it i mean ffs wouldn't any sane person agree?
                  Actually I don't agree. Most people don't want a mirror balance.
                  Most people prefer what's called Rock, paper, scissors.
                  If the BH mini's are beefed a little, the hippo should be given better armor, or more guns etc...

Originally posted by Raxor
                  could just give the blackhawk guns limited ammo (that would have to be at a helipad etc) > or land and support to give ammo. increase the splash damage to 1.12 and it could be pretty good.
                  How about a faster over heat with a decent cool down time.
                  There are many ways they could have balanced it besides nerfing it.
                  Problem is most solutions require more code to change.
                  Lowering the splash was the easiest route.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
                    Actually I don't agree. Most people don't want a mirror balance.
                    Most people prefer what's called Rock, paper, scissors.
                    If the BH mini's are beefed a little, the hippo should be given better armor, or more guns etc...
                    Look i totaly agree with you that the BH need its guns improving there only there for ornamental value atm but i totaly disagree with that comment. If anything the flying buses are still way inferior to the BH atm the BH handles like a sports car the buses handle well like a bus and adding more guns isnt going to help the buses if you cant hit anything with them.

Comment

All that is understood.
                      All I'm looking for is for some of the things that were nerfed due to whining infantry be looked at again since the IO mods will be giving them what they want.

All we really ever wanted was true balance, not underpowered vehicles to compensate for some peoples inability to adapt to a threat.

Comment

Logan, no one is attacking you, so adjust the attitude please, I began my post with, let me try to understand this, this is the view I had, explain yourself in a different way, to say because they are making an IO version, does not mean they will modify the helos to give it back the guns to allow the abuse of it again, people complaining wasnt the reason it was changed, it was changed because of people abusing it, if it wasnt a valid problem in DICE/EA's eyes, it wouldnt have been changed

Comment

No DICE just took the ****ing easy route in 'balancing' (ie making it useless) the choppers by making the BH crap.

When is the last time that you got a kill with those things? They SHOULD be feared ffs, its a minigun. The hippo should also be boosted. However in a different way. The BH is SOOOO ****ing easy to take down, its not even funny. You have working AA and jeeps to take it out. It wont become unbalanced unless you let it.

Comment

i think, some of us here cant uderstand the concept of non combat vehicle. so i can explain - there are some vehicles out there whose purpose is not to kill but to do many other difficult and important tasks - ie. transport

bh is a transport vechicle, same as the box, the box btw sux muuuuch more than bh, yet nobody cries about it.

Comment

Just blanketing it with the term transport vehicle doesnt mean a thing. It should be able to kill something. Im not saying MASSIVE splash damage but just a fair amount. Enough to kill someone if you can see them. Are you saying that if you see a BH you should sit there and wait for its passengers to disembark so you can kill them with ease while standing way out in the open?? You should be hiding waiting for them. You SHOULD be scared of that minigun.

My main issue: ITS A ****ING MINIGUN!!!!! It should ****ing KILL. Otherwise replace it with 50 cals if DICE didnt want the BH to kill people and instead be used for transport.

Also if the military put me in a transport chopper that couldnt even defend itself I would be quit immediately.

Comment

Also if the military put me in a transport chopper that couldnt even defend itself I would be quit immediately.
                                tell that to fellow u.s. soldiers in iraq.. and maybe theyll tell you their version of the story

admit, you need splash because you cant hit a thing with it. increase your skill [previously not needed when gunning miniguns] not splash damage. this gun still kills, and it is still better than 'the box' guns.

ps. miniguns dont have explosive ammo. ~7mm rounds are to small.

Comment

Working...
                                X