• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tips for using a video missle

lol nah i use the normal view the one that you can see the Heli's controls

Comment

Originally posted by warup89
      lol nah i use the normal view the one that you can see the Heli's controls
      ehh you can see more if u use the FPS camera view

Comment

ehh you can see more if u use the FPS camera view
        Roger taht, I also like to switch back and forth, fsp view when attacking and cockpit when regular flying.

Comment

Originally posted by yonton228
          Roger taht, I also like to switch back and forth, fsp view when attacking and cockpit when regular flying.
          ehh I dunno, its kinda cool when u see ur gunner move his head to the side and all that lol but I just cant fly like that:cry:

Comment

It's very important to use the "no cockpit" view for the pilot and the gunner so you can see what's happening under you. It really pisses me off when I'm flying a heli and there's a guy right under us but the gunner doesn't shoot him because he's using the cockpit view and can't see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BG1
              It's very important to use the "no cockpit" view for the pilot and the gunner so you can see what's happening under you. It really pisses me off when I'm flying a heli and there's a guy right under us but the gunner doesn't shoot him because he's using the cockpit view and can't see anything.
              oh yea and use the CTRL+mouse camera all the time, helps alot, spoting the enemy first=u have more chances to get them first of course

Comment

Faster clicks with consistency=best accuracy especially when nailing the laggy hitboxes on choppers doing hard slides and so on...

Sloi, back me up =p

Edit: The farther away you move your crosshair from the center box....the more dramatic the turning radius for your tv guided missle. Good tip to have down once you start doing harder shots such as cobra's doing barrol rolls or something...

Comment

I have a bad habit I click like my life depends on it.

Comment

ah1z target is just under crosshair (red)
                    z-10 target is a little under the cobra's (green)
                    mi-28 target is directly in center of crosshair and gunner box (blue)

Comment

Yea, I tend to click a little too much and right at the very last second i click off the target and i miss I also tend to aim low on coppers, idk why

Comment

One of the best tips I got was where to adjust the mouse sensitivity for the gunner. I always struggled before with a very sensitive MX700 mouse. In land controls, same as the tank say adjust your sensitivity. You may have it cranked up like I did for the tank, which made it very difficult when trying to guide the missile.

You can also change this setting whilst playing, simply press ESC make the adjust so I adjust it a lot lower for the TV and then if I'm in a tank I adjust it higher.

I also over clicked before. I try and keep it to the initial click to fire it then 1 to 2 clicks after that.

Comment

The first shot is the most important to me, also lead moving targets. I'm no master at the TV, it takes alot of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                            One of the best tips I got was where to adjust the mouse sensitivity for the gunner. I always struggled before with a very sensitive MX700 mouse. In land controls, same as the tank say adjust your sensitivity. You may have it cranked up like I did for the tank, which made it very difficult when trying to guide the missile.

You can also change this setting whilst playing, simply press ESC make the adjust so I adjust it a lot lower for the TV and then if I'm in a tank I adjust it higher.

I also over clicked before. I try and keep it to the initial click to fire it then 1 to 2 clicks after that.
                            That is going to be useful.

Adjusting the mouse on the fly. I usually have mine cranked to the max in windows (Logitech Optical) with in-game sensitvity set just so. Adjusting to high to kick a crappy tank turret or low to fine tune the TV is something Im going to have to look into.

Does adjusting the mouse on the fly change the BF2 sensitivy settings in game?

Originally posted by Unorignal
                            The first shot is the most important to me, also lead moving targets. I'm no master at the TV, it takes alot of practice.
                            Keep up the work, one magical day will come when you see the target and the missile just goes to it without too much thinking/clicking or effort on your part.

Comment

The first click is the most important. Track the enemy's speed and try to bode where he will be when the rockets travels the distance. Second click for adjusting. 3rd can be possible. With more click you will miss.

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                                The first click is the most important. Track the enemy's speed and try to bode where he will be when the rockets travels the distance. Second click for adjusting. 3rd can be possible. With more click you will miss.

You are so wrong....that is why so many people miss hard shots.

You can control the missle much better with faster clicks but not swaying to far away from the center. For example...shots like this you have to click many times...I looped 2 shots together... I am clicking probably 15 times minimum on the first one and 10 on the 2nd...

Comment

Working...
                                X