Command and conquer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Command and conquer

wow that supreme commander looks fking ace whens it due? also try this ta soprigns its got nice gfx and takes after orig i've been playing ti tis awsome and free TA SRPINGS

also AHEM

Command & Conquer 3 gets the series back to its roots in the Tiberium universe, with new gameplay features that rewards players for their own unique play styles. Beyond the new story and gameplay tweaks, added new features include voice-over IP, integrated clan support, and new spectator modes.

It is 2047 and the stakes could not be higher. Tiberium -- a self-replicating alien substance that has infected the Earth -- is spreading like a radioactive ice age. The GDI, a high-tech alliance of the world's most advanced nations, is fighting to contain Tiberium, but Kane, the megalomaniacal leader of The Brotherhood of NOD has other plans for Earth. Kane's secret society turned superpower is bent on using Tiberium to take control and transform humanity into his twisted vision of the future. All-out war rages over Tiberium and the fate of the planet rests in the balance.

http://files.filefront.com/CC+3+Tibe.../fileinfo.html

Comment

RED ALERT...best game ever! i would still be playing it (maybe) if i could get like a windows 2k emulator since it wont work on windows xp

Comment

Red Alert does work on Windows XP, simply right click your short cut > properties > compatibilty > Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 95. And it works.

Comment

ya know RA1 was the most widley sold RTS game of all time, *cough* i think but i like RA2, but now its sucks cus of EA

Comment

I've played C&C since the series first began. However, i will not be buying C&C3. Why? From what i've seen and read it offers no advance in tactics or gameplay. It's Tiberium Sun with better graphics.

There are so many more games being released that will be better. World in Conflict is a game i am extremely excited about. Offers tactics, gameplay and great multiplayer action, not to mention some beautiful graphics.

I'm also really looking forward to Mark of Chaos. It's a game that actually looks like a great laugh, the Warhammer tag put me off for a little while, but theres no denying they're pushing the boundaries.

Supreme Commander is something i will try out through a demo. I'm not sure if i'm going to like it. It doesn't strike me as a game that will be very user friendly, and to me looks like a click fest game, whereby the player that clicks the quickest will win. The gameplay looked very fast and furious, but extremely messy. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by [B40K]Mr.Guyb II

Supreme Commander is something i will try out through a demo. I'm not sure if i'm going to like it. It doesn't strike me as a game that will be very user friendly, and to me looks like a click fest game, whereby the player that clicks the quickest will win. The gameplay looked very fast and furious, but extremely messy. Time will tell.
              Thats what I was thinking however im not so sure the map shown in the preview is apparently 1/16th the size of the largest map or something similar to that extent so there's definitely time to build unlike C&C, one thing that i quite like about SupCom is there is no ore like what C&C has so you cant run out and it doesn't simply turn into an ore battle.

Thats the one thing i didn't like about C&C really in the end the person with the most ore won and you would go all out to grab and hold that extra resource without much focus on actual battles.

Comment

Originally posted by punkpber16
                Red Alert does work on Windows XP, simply right click your short cut > properties > compatibilty > Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 95. And it works.
                wow thx

Edit: it dosent work

Comment

Its worked for me before, try it will all the different compatability modes, if it still doesn't work. Uninstall it completely, then reinstall it by opening up the CD (in Windows Explorer) and finding the setup file (ie... D:\RedAlert\setup.exe) right clicking it: properties > compatibilty > run this program in: Win95. and install it (and the expansions, if you have them) like this. Then once the game is installed, change the shortcut to compatibilty mode (the same mode you choice for the install).

This should make it work, I know i've gotten it to work, but its been a while, when the rest of my games get here (hopefully within the next week or so) I'll try it myself.

You can also try going to where the game is installed (ie... C:\Program Files\Westwood\Red Alert) and finding the game's .exe and doing the compatibilty change on it and seeing if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                    ...sudden strike...
                    Yeah, I really liked that game. The detail that went into the units was incredible, and I liked how they did the logistics. I've heard rumors that they're coming out with a third one, but I'm kinda sketchy on the details.

Originally posted by [B40K]Mr.Guyb II
                    Time will tell.
                    "Sooner or later...time will tell..."

Yeah, that was the best Video Game Movie line ever.

Comment

Originally posted by punkpber16
                      Its worked for me before, try it will all the different compatability modes, if it still doesn't work. Uninstall it completely, then reinstall it by opening up the CD (in Windows Explorer) and finding the setup file (ie... D:\RedAlert\setup.exe) right clicking it: properties > compatibilty > run this program in: Win95. and install it (and the expansions, if you have them) like this. Then once the game is installed, change the shortcut to compatibilty mode (the same mode you choice for the install).

This should make it work, I know i've gotten it to work, but its been a while, when the rest of my games get here (hopefully within the next week or so) I'll try it myself.

You can also try going to where the game is installed (ie... C:\Program Files\Westwood\Red Alert) and finding the game's .exe and doing the compatibilty change on it and seeing if that makes a difference.
                      The thing is, when i put it in it will automaticly say "this is a windows 95 product" ect... so i cant do anything

Edit: Nvm i got it

Edit 2: I h8 the alternate timeline in RA2, though, i liked it when it looked like kane was gonna rule the world after he shot the chick in RA1

Comment

Working...
                      X