How to aim with sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to aim with sniper rifles

Wait a little after you put up you scope or after a shot in a semi-auto (2 secs or so) and imagine you are shooting a body with no kit, the bullit goes right trough bags and some parts of the helmet. Practice with bots until you get a feel with long range shots and moving targets.

Comment

Also, there is no lead time in BF2. The only thing that might make it seem like there is, is lag.

Comment

Originally posted by molinaalexis
        The only sniper rifle that I can shoot a large distance is the automatic one in the MEC coalition, with the americans rifles when I try to do the same I just do not hit the target.

In the automatic the target will be located in the top of the inverted "V"

It's actually semi-automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by MoB|GunnerDoop
          Also, there is no lead time in BF2. The only thing that might make it seem like there is, is lag.
          Which means there is still a bullet delay. I always lead a few feet in front of moving targets at a distance, usually hitting them.

Comment

I love the L96.

On Dalian, I can get turso shots on those standing by the barn on the north beachhead and headshots on those on the central beachhead from the top of the south crane.

On Wake, I can get headshots on the Marine Island while prone on the AA mount east of the North side.

I am not sure about range, but from my firearm/military experience, I 'd say thats at least over 500m, if not more, which is close to the tactical application of said weapon systems. The easiest was to see is to use a M16 Iron Sight against a turso target for reference. If you see him as 1/3 width of you front sight post, he's about 300m.

When you are shooting that far, you'd have to elevate the aimpoint about 1/2 body height above the target.

BTW, there is lead time. Look at how the tank round flies...... Look at how everytime you shoot, it take a split second before the "X" is shown. Combined with the fact that it takes you time to think and "pull the trigger", you have to guesstimate where the target will be according to his path.

Comment

Working...
            X