How to aim with sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to aim with sniper rifles

The only sniper rifle that I can shoot a large distance is the automatic one in the MEC coalition, with the americans rifles when I try to do the same I just do not hit the target.

In the automatic the target will be located in the top of the inverted "V"

Re: How to aim with sniper rifles

time and practice is the best way to master this, it cannot just be told. Remember there is bullet drop, so for extreme ranges you need to aim higher than your target.

Comment

in the US-sniper the target will be located in the middle of the cross...

i always hit the target when it's in the crossair, and if i don't hit it, i couldn't swear it was a 100% safe hit (bulletdrop, ping, moving targets)

Comment

yep, the SVD (MEC sniper) is also good for really really close range when you zoom

Comment

Yeah, as Octa mentions, ping, bullet drop (at extreme ranges), leading the target, bullet deviation... it all adds up. Best thing is practice, practice, practice. Get a feel for it. If the target is moving don't go for a head shot... Go for the body...

Comment

practice on players sat on runways or the carrier, they are nearly always stood still.
            but also remember sniper rifles are pathetic if your any more than 100m away and when you snipe from 200+m away its even worse. aim for the head or just above it if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari
              time and practice is the best way to master this, it cannot just be told. Remember there is bullet drop, so for extreme ranges you need to aim higher than your target.
              100% correct. I think it was easier to use the crosshairs instead of the SVD. I do like the SVD though.

Comment

from your post i would infer that you say there is no bullet drop on the SVD(?)
                other snipers i am positive do, havent used svd lately. you'll get used to the aiming thing

Comment

I also suggest you get the L96. Closest thing to a silenced sniper rifle you're going to get, very quiet sound effect. Aside from being the best choice period, it's also the best choice for behind-enemy-lines work and sniping people on runways.

Comment

I will have to dissagree with most on the virtues of the L96 vs the M95.The M95 can't be beat at long range when you learn how to use it.The M95 is best on servers with a 50 ping or less.Same for the L96.I've taken out targets at 393 meters with the M95 while my best with the L96 is 322.At 200 meters or more with the M95,aim above the head.The top of the head should be at the bottom of the horizontil line.Increase the heoght of the aim point as distance to the target increases.At 393 meters my aim point was nearly another head above the targets head.With the L96,at 322 meters the aim point was another head and a half above the targets head.Also try to wait at least 4 to 5 seconds after you have settled your aim point before firing.I believe this helps to insure better accurracy.Maps that have a lot of haze or fog make the M95 impracticle unless your bent on sniping helo pilots or vehicle drivers.On these maps the L96 performs nicely.Hope this helps you on your way to snipers delight.I'm not the best by far but it's my fav class.

Comment

The L691A is the Best sniper ive used to date in BF2, its a 99% accurate to hit.

Comment

the m95 is the best

Comment

I like the M95 just because I love the way it looks, and i love the sound. Its LOUD. Which is nice for me, because my speakers rock, but it also sucks because once I fire, everyone knows where I am.

The L96 I just unlocked today, but didnt try it out yet. Will report later, but its going to be tough to beat my loved M95. I shoot out helicopters and pilots A LOT. I love camping the enemys base and shooting out all the people waiting for the planes... lol.

I see somoene jump in the jet, and beat his team-mate. Then I shoot the guy out, only to see the next guy jump right in, and die again as well. They spawn back, and instead of killing me, they go back for the jet...

I swear, Mice in labarotires, catch on faster than some people online. :P

Comment

For short ranges aim for the eyeball. for long ranges aim 2 pixels above his head. Most of all practice practice practice.
                            Oh and one other thing if the target is moving aim for the chest and if it is still aim for the head

Comment

cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X