How to land airplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to land airplane

Go slow, the slower the better. It takes some time to get it down, but it helps when you don't want fly over the runway three or four times to get fixed all the way up.
    Better to fly over the runway i say. If you land u got a better chance of one of your own team mates blowing u up with c4.

Comment

Just take it down to 250 or so, no lower, and if you don't repair all the way on the first one, you will finish on the 2nd.

Comment

Ok, im gonna sound like an arse, but do the planes have retractable wheels that you can manually control on bf2?

Comment

I wonder why EA didnt include a landing gear button? I've never landed a plane in BF2, usually I just jump out over a runway. They could have made it as easy as in BF 1942.

Comment

start off pretty far away and let go of your throttle (finding the perfect distance to start off from is hard and will take practice) and u will gradually slow down and when ur slow enuff u just...land (this is for f35b). the other jets should be easier to land since they have a backward accerlate thing (S key ) and u just laand

and VC_resurrected...i think it depends on ur speed. there are no manual retractable wheels

Comment

i felt it was easier to land a plane in bf42. had more big open space there, like tobruk. and that was the first time i saw a guy cap a flag in a j10 on the ground. how could he have landed there? i wonder how he's going to takeoff too...

Comment

Ok, but how do you brake. :| I just press reverse, is that braking?

Comment

Easy: make a turn and decrease your speed to ~400 and dont let it go below that. Use afterburners instead of throttle. When you touch the ground full break (if necessary).
                  With the F-35 you can land a bit differently. First "full break mid-air" and pull up the nose a bit. You can travel while hovering just pay attention not to aim too low.

Originally posted by Dynafrom
                  Ok, but how do you brake. :| I just press reverse, is that braking?
                  Yes... There are no flaps, airbreak, parachute break or whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by venny
                    i felt it was easier to land a plane in bf42. had more big open space there, like tobruk. and that was the first time i saw a guy cap a flag in a j10 on the ground. how could he have landed there? i wonder how he's going to takeoff too...
                    You can taxi in a plane to whatever place you want as long as you have a decent road. That flag actually has a nice flat long surface around it so you can land it there with not much problems.

Comment

in 42 if you messed up your landing, you couldny get your engine back up to speed to avoid that tree. in BF2 you can just hit the afterburner and rocket out of there.

Comment

Heh, Iunno I saw guy land in the small island in wake island on the jet from the china spawnpoint.

Comment

i striaghten out my jet , and slowly let my tip hit the ground just before i let my back, if you are going too fast, or arent straight enough, then u will just crash. thats what i do at least

Comment

I think that EA should have included a button for landing(In a real plane if you are going to fast and do not have flaps, you just put the gear down to slow your plane).but i land by going so slow(almost on a stall) so that my plane starts to fall if i cut back on the throttle at all.when i reach my runway i just drop throtle to zero and then up it a little to taxi once i touch down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritek
                              landing is so much easier in BF2 than it was in BF42.
                              Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
                              lol no it wasn't, in BF42 the landing was a piece of piss, u need a work of art to master it in BF2, thankfully i have.
                              i remeber in 1942 i would just take my smoking stuka and drive at full speed into the hangar, then it would magically stop, repair and the just get out
                              *sigh* boy i miss 1942 :cry:

Comment

also, make sure u have space to get out agen wen u land. tryin to turn around the bombers is a ***** cos it jst takes forever. its ok on the carrier cos u got loads of space and on runways with hangers with no back.

Comment

Working...
                                X