No announcement yet.

[xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: [xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

IO will be awsome, don`t really give a s*it if someone is gonna statpad or not, also don`t care if all my enemies are all medics etc, just ognna have fun

Comment

BF2 without vehicles is like ceral without milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
        you are pretty much forced to use armor or a aircraft
        you arent, but someone on your team is.

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
        AMEN!

Comment

I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if this has already been asked. Is there any substantinal evidence that someone has been banned from innocently joining a pre 1.4 IO server?

I have a sinking feeling that no one has.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
            QFT. IO will be a good variation to throw into a server rotation once in a while, but trying to run around in Karkand to take the Factory back once the US has capped it will be such a long run, by the time you get there the US will have up to the Train Accident. BF2 has vehicles, the people who don't like them can play IO, people who believe they are an essential part of the game can keep playing with them. I think BF2's vehicles is what makes it BF2, and one of the reasons people buy it.

Comment

RANKED bf2 ruined the community and the game...

No one plays on unranked servers where you can have custom maps, settings, anything really...How BF used to be hours and hours of fun...

But NO now they got everyone like a bunch of lab rats hitting the space bar for a nibble of food (the medals)...It sucks and the fact that people are hung up on RANKED servers is beyond me...I suppose it makes them feel like they are actually accomplishing something and that it is a reflection on how good they are...Got news for ya this stat system has nothing to do with skill but more to do with how long you can sit your *** in a chair playing the same game...

/rant

Originally posted by L3adCannon
              IO will be awsome, don`t really give a s*it if someone is gonna statpad or not, also don`t care if all my enemies are all medics etc, just ognna have fun
              The play CSS or CoD2 cuz that is the game you are describing

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
                RANKED bf2 ruined the community and the game...

No one plays on unranked servers where you can have custom maps, settings, anything really...How BF used to be hours and hours of fun...

But NO now they got everyone like a bunch of lab rats hitting the space bar for a nibble of food (the medals)...It sucks and the fact that people are hung up on RANKED servers is beyond me...I suppose it makes them feel like they are actually accomplishing something and that it is a reflection on how good they are...Got news for ya this stat system has nothing to do with skill but more to do with how long you can sit your *** in a chair playing the same game...

/rant

The play CSS or CoD2 cuz that is the game you are describing
                CSS is good, CoD2 sucks b*lls, I rather play RO or AA.
                But i still think IO will be awsome
                Dont like it? think that BF2 sucks without vehicles? dont play on IO servers.

Comment

[QUOTE=roger smith]you arent, but someone on your team is.[QUOTE]

no YOU pretty much are forced to either get in armor or aircraft or be AT or spec ops or you can be a useless twat

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
                    no YOU pretty much are forced to either get in armor or aircraft or be AT or spec ops or you can be a useless twat
                    this is a teamgame man.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                      I agree with pretty much 100% of the original poster said.

IO mode is nothing more than a DICE endorsed knife & pistol server which is not only extremely hypocritical but completely against the "spirit" of the Battlefield series. I'd put it right up at the top of the retardation list right next to the new BFROE list that gives the thumbs up to ranked server admins with a god complex and low self esteem.

As I've said before people DO care about statistics in Battlefield 2. A lot of people (a disturbing amount) care more about statistics than winning the round, or care more about K/D ratio then having a good time. Currently these people just have to make the best they can out of the current situation where they don't have free reign on an all out infantry only server and the only thing that really keeps them in check is the vehicles as the dynamic that brings in to the game that they just can't seem to handle. Sorry that you can't sit out in the middle of a road reviving players when an APC is staring at you. That's the way it goes. Sorry you can't turtle in a nice camp spot without having to worry about artillery raining down on you.

Bottom line is it's a waste of valuable programming time that could be better spent in a thousand different areas. DICE has really dropped the ball on this and don't think for a second that IO mode won't effect your gameplay experience because it will when the people who enjoy playing Battlefield for what it is crowd on the fewer "real" servers and have to deal with a higher percentage of players who want to use the vehicles and all the other problems that come with that.

Bottom line is IO mode should be an UNRANKED mode. That way it's sure to fail because none of the stat padders will be able to get the easy points they crave.

Can't wait to say "I told you so".
                      WOW... you could not have been more wrong. I run an infantry only server using the no vehicles setting and it rocks. I get regular compliments on the great teamwork and lack of spawn camping. I rarely encounter troubles with smacktards (probably because its mostly clan-players and more experienced infantry players that like the IO setting). And the server has also provided me with some top-notch recruits. Bottomline: to do well in an IO server, you have to know how to aim, play smart, and play as a team. Otherwise you'll get railroaded.

Comment

I dislike the IO because It's got no varieties anymore. Sure you can say oh AT and Engineer still plays a big role! PLLZZZZZZzzzz when's the last time some enginy scored higher then a 50 kills with 70 revive medic. As for the IO people, they're the one that don't understand the love of the game, but to change it to their liking so they can at least stand a chance. This is called BattleField and not Counter-Strike Field. To the people who complain about how air gets way too many kills. Thats because they are air and they are that DAMN GOOD! I doubt you'd let any fool hop into a F-15 just to crash it. Air is suppose to be the last resort and the most powerful assets of an army.
                        We don't care about the ranks and medals, we just want want our Bf2 when we first purchased it to come back. =)

Comment

Honestly, I could care less if I get points or not.
                          I enjoy the dynamics of infantry combat more than the vehicle stuff, and if unranked servers running in IO mode were plentiful, I would play on them.

Christ though, I still don’t see why you people who don’t even play on these servers are so obsessed with them...

I've never gone to a K/P server, but I could give a rat's sack about those who have.
                          How they earned their points or silly badges in no way shape or form affects my enjoyment of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by incutebus
                            ...We don't care about the ranks and medals, we just want our Bf2 when we first purchased it to come back.
                            What are you talking about?!
                            IO is an addon, not a modification of the original game.
                            What, you don’t want new thinks added at all?
                            I’m still waiting for more modes…

Comment

Working...
                            X