Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kicked for High Ping!

@Revoluti0n:
    In games like BF2, where all the action is simultaneous, the computer has to keep track of everybody's actions, to keep the gameplay up to speed for everybody. A low ping slows down the pace in order to keep the speed constant. I remember this from a wikipedia article on ping, look up ping there and it will tell you. Hope that helped.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
      Once I had a ping of 35 or so, while the rest of the server had like >250

I mean wtf... why don't the non-americans go to a different server... there's plenty of them.

I hate when everyone has a good ping (<80) and some jack*ss with >200 comes in and makes everyone laggy.
      Originally posted by Revoluti0n
      Im just curious here, but does anyone have definitive proof that a player with a high ping effects the connection speed of everyone else to the server? Or is this all guesswork?
      Yea, totally wrong ideas from oldschool games. A laggy player will not lag everybody on the server, only themselves. From wikipedia:

A lagger or laggot (occasionally, High Ping Bait (HPB), High Ping Whiner (HPW), Lag ***, Paper Modem or Panda Lagger) is someone who uses a relatively slow 56 kbit/s modem to connect to the Internet, then joins a multiplayer online game (usually a first-person shooter) and who therefore has a high ping time. In synchronous games, where all clients must know the exact game state, a single "lagger" will slow down the game for everyone, since the server has to wait for the client to get every communication packet. However, many online games use an asynchronous communication model, allowing the clients to continue even if they drop occasional packets. A high-pinger who does not inhibit the overall performance, just his own, is sometimes known as a High Ping Bait.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

I mean wtf... why don't the non-americans go to a different server... there's plenty of them.

I hate when everyone has a good ping (<80) and some jack*ss with >200 comes in and makes everyone laggy.
          Isnt ping only affect the client that has it?

Comment

Yea, in all newer games that I know of they are programmed in an asynchronous method. This means that all clients can have different pings, as they can each be free to upload/download to the server as fast as possible. In synchronous games, the server will wait on each update for every single client that is connected to it, thus meaning that the ping of everybody is equal to the ping of the worst connection.

A player with high ping really won't affect you unless he is driving/flying with you as a passenger. Then I would think it would be possible for you to notice some excess jitters.

Comment

funny u should say that. i was on a mashtuur server recently. i picked the most populated squad and joined it. turns out i was the only one in the squad with a ping under 170 and i end up getting kicked for that same reason. (btw as far as i know i was the only one) lol i feel ur pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                Im just curious here, but does anyone have definitive proof that a player with a high ping effects the connection speed of everyone else to the server? Or is this all guesswork?
                Idk about YOUR connection to the server, but when you try to interact with the guy with high ping, you are definately going to feel it.

Like hit detection and stuff.

Comment

I get kicked for high ping all the time, even though my ping isn't high.

Comment

Sorry about that, but I am one of the people with high pings. My pings are around 200 and above and I always try to find a server in my area but there are only a couple. I try to join and if I start to drag the game down, I try to get off before I get kicked. But not always.
                    Again sorry but I like to play BF2 and it is better MP then SP

Comment

i rememeber the time i got kicked for 0 ping. im not sure why. no ss though, but probably a sudden ping spike and it probably took it as 0 and kicked me. i did rejoin normally after that though.

Comment

I tell you one thing i'm in United arab emirates i always have ping 150-250 most of servers is 230. So there is no servers around me all what i have to do is play on the server with 200+ ping.
                        I have adsl 2.8mb

Comment

it is true your ping only affects you basically, and at the few times when someone on my home network cause my ping to scream i didnt notice any screen lag till i exceeded 400. after that it is unplayable.

Comment

A 130 ping is fine. I've watched people playing with 180 pings and they never lag.

Comment

I believe that initial ping of 96 was due to the login process of the server. With everyone logging in it would produce a higher ping. My pings are pretty consistent in the 35-60 range. It was weird. I had just logged in the round before with like 20 tickets left on my team, and managed to get 4 kills one being a knife. The next round, right after I spawn and created Alpha Squad, I started to drop Ammo bags and run toward flag(SAK), then boom, punkbuster screen!!!

It was lame, so I just went to another server. I think this falls into the category of the clan admin not wanting any competition on the server. Just a guess!! The server was no where near full so it wasn't to make room for a clan mate.

I guess they didn't like me :box:

Comment

i m an indian.. and there are no indian servers for bf2.. only server i get to play are the gamearena servers or the EASG servers.. in gamearena servers in have pings of 170 to 200 .. and EASG (which is always full) gives me around 70 to 90 pings.. i dunno what to do except get insulted (most common is indian slut).. or get kicked when i have a good score .. chinese or japanese servers give me pings around 500 .. guess i shud throw away my copy of bf2.. i love it tho .. by gods grace i have become a sergeant major..

Comment

Working...
                                X