Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My graphics card is going at 100C!

Originally posted by Teh_Spambot
    Frankly, if you have a 6200 LE, let it fry, and you can get a much much better card for around 100 bucks or even less.

I know advice telling you to buy something is stupid, but in this case youd have to buy just as much to save your graphics card. Literally the fan and everything youd have to do is not worth it for a 6200 LE, especially since you arent allowed to change.

Buy a better one as replacement, such as a 7600GT. Im not sure if the 7300 LE is a good deal.....its really cheap, but apparently not much better than the 5200.

My tech savvy friend told me to stay 100 m away from 6200 from all times, told me it was worse than my current 5200.
    I get what your saying but you can get a fan for really cheap. With this one all you have to do is pull the fan off of the HS and use the same screws to put the fan on the Card HS. It is a short term solution until you can get a better card.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103155

Comment

open up the case and point a fan at the entire computer until you can come up with some new fans or maybe even a new case. A new case with about 5 fans is the way to go, which should be obtainable. mine came with four. good luck dude. but, like suggested already, if you can, replace that 6200.

Comment

His dad won't let him do anything to the computer he said...

Comment

My question is- Why even bother asking for help if he cant fix the problem? If his dad isnt concerned, then maybe he needs to get his own PC and start having some fun. It stinks when people (his Dad) wont listen and are stubborn to certain facts, I hope his PC's card does die, maybe then he will realize that it was a problem. Sry to be harsh, but I hate when people ask for help and everyone finds solutions to the problem and his hands are tied.

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight
            Help me, I dont know if my graphics card is doing what its meant to be doing.
            I have a Nvidia geforce 6200 LE, at idle it runs at approx 70C and when im playing bf2 it runs at 100C, Will this damage my card at all?
            I have 6200 AGP 256MB its always stays at 55-60 degrees,when i play BF2 it gets up till 85-88 degrees........

TehFunk:

I run 3dMark06 at 1-2 FPS i wish my card burn so i can exchange it for a better one....

Comment

Well, the way I see it, if this guy has no means of fixing his card, then this thread is pointless...it should be closed.

Comment

1. go get a heatsink.
                2. turn on the air conditioning
                3. Leave your case open.

Do something.

Comment

wow were in a heat wave over here in UK.(rare i know) and my card does 80c and idles at 66c with a case temp of 40c. But nvidias aparently can take 100c for a short time (like playing a game) if idling at that then id be very worried!

edit: Tell ur dad he can foot the bill when it fries to death. And then pump the cash out of him for a 7800GTx

Comment

My 6600 GT OC from BFG idles at about 54 C, and strangely, is only about 4 C higher after an hour of BF2.... but running at lower settings than the 6600 can do I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by ibelcaniva
                      Well, the way I see it, if this guy has no means of fixing his card, then this thread is pointless...it should be closed.
                      This thread shouldnt be closed as i just needed some advice on what to do as i plan to do something about it. I think i will just get a new one, Any advice on what is a really good one?

Thanks for your advice

Originally posted by Sir. S.A.S
                      wow were in a heat wave over here in UK.(rare i know) and my card does 80c and idles at 66c with a case temp of 40c. But nvidias aparently can take 100c for a short time (like playing a game) if idling at that then id be very worried!

edit: Tell ur dad he can foot the bill when it fries to death. And then pump the cash out of him for a 7800GTx
                      Haha i just went downstaurs upon reading this and told himn that, The look on his face was priceless.

Comment

Lol. Well, first of all, we need a budget. I assume you are PCI-E?

Comment

yes, i do think the graphics are PCI-E, i will go up to about £300

Comment

300 pounds should get you at least a 7900 GT something or other, possibly a 7950, which is like two of em put together I believe.

But anything 7800 or over will run BF2 on high everything, and basically every other game for quite a while. If the rest of your system can.

Comment

I have exactly the same card and issue, if you search through the tech support section of the forums you can find the topic i created about it.

In short i cleaned out my system of dust and it didnt make any difference, I play at around 95C, but there is one thing that takes the system down a few degress and that is using older Nvidia drivers (as nvidia told me to when i asked them). One reason for the insane temperature is that the GFX card doesnt have an on-board fan so that doesnt help.

Below is what Nvidia told me in an email reply to my question about high temperature on my GeForce 6200 LE PCI-E card.

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

We recommend you to uninstall the existing graphics drivers for GeForce 6200 graphics card. Download the Forceware 84.21 version of drivers from our website and disable onboard graphics adapter if any.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to download Forceware 84.21 versions for the GeForce 6200.

Please visit the link below to download the driver:

On the following page, click on the "Primary Download Site" URL to download the driver. To avoid download issues, if you are running any 3rd party download utilities, please disable them as they are know for occasionally causing errors with the downloads.

Regards,
                              NVIDIA Customer Care.
                              This message was sent to me only about a week ago so they have told me to use drivers from March this year and not the newest from June!

Comment

Working...
                              X