My graphics card is going at 100C!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My graphics card is going at 100C!

Help me, I dont know if my graphics card is doing what its meant to be doing.
    I have a Nvidia geforce 6200 LE, at idle it runs at approx 70C and when im playing bf2 it runs at 100C, Will this damage my card at all?

Re: My graphics card is going at 100C!

Short term no, long tern yes. make sure its clean of dust and the fan is working properly.

Comment

YES IT WILL. Get some cooling on the ***** IMMEDIATELY. And check for dust and clogging as well.............

It may not happen immediately...but I would not take my chances with 100C...

Comment

WTF....100C? that is like...insane hot. boil some tea while ur at it

Comment

step 1.run 3dmark 06 over and over until that 6200 melts threw the bottom of your case
          step 2.Buy newer faster card.
          step 3.Enjoy games more without the dreadful 6200!!(i used to ohave one)

For short term, you could take off the side of your case and take a medium sized fan and point it directly at the mobo. It may get some more dust in the crevaces, but its guaranteed to cool everything down. My gpu idle went from 55 to 38.

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight
            Help me, I dont know if my graphics card is doing what its meant to be doing.
            I have a Nvidia geforce 6200 LE, at idle it runs at approx 70C and when im playing bf2 it runs at 100C, Will this damage my card at all?
            I think your card does not have a fan, right? Get a North Bridge fan and attach it to the heatsink with screws. That will definetely help.

Comment

Well my dad is an arse and wont let me do anything to help it cool down, he says "it'll be alright" even though he has trouble switching a god damn computer on. Anyway thanks for all of your replies i greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Okay then, tell him that you don't care if your computer fries. And remind him that this is degrees C.

Comment

You really do need to cool that card down, how many case fans do you have, and what is the ambient temperature?

Expanding on mrbucket's idea, find any fan you can (cpu fan, case fan, etc) and attach it to your cards heatsink so that it blows down onto it.

Comment

Do something so you can pretend that the temp is preventing the graphics card from working, then he'll let you in. (IF he doesn't know how to turn on a computer, try to show him that the computer won't turn on by pressing an "invisible" power button.)

Comment

Naa he wont do jack, I told him that when it melts and it dont work then he'll have to start believing me

But whats happening is when it gets too hot and im on bf2 like the writing turns into rectangles and some of the textures of the things like guns or the radar station go just plain grey :s

Comment

Man, it makes me cry to think of a video card frying...FIX IT! HOWEVER YOU CAN FIX IT; BECAUSE IT WILL FRY.

Comment

How do you check our g-card temperature, like what programs can i get from the internet, can anyone suggest one to me, or is tehre a menu somewhere that shows your g-card temp? any help would be appreciated thanks

Comment

Frankly, if you have a 6200 LE, let it fry, and you can get a much much better card for around 100 bucks or even less.

I know advice telling you to buy something is stupid, but in this case youd have to buy just as much to save your graphics card. Literally the fan and everything youd have to do is not worth it for a 6200 LE, especially since you arent allowed to change.

Buy a better one as replacement, such as a 7600GT. Im not sure if the 7300 LE is a good deal.....its really cheap, but apparently not much better than the 5200.

My tech savvy friend told me to stay 100 m away from 6200 from all times, told me it was worse than my current 5200.

Comment

If your video card is at 100C, that's definitely not good at all...I suggest buying the Zalman VF9000, which can be bought for $33.99+s/h from Newegg.com http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118001
                              It's a real good heatsink for video cards

Comment

Working...
                              X