No announcement yet.

DICE - it's not too late to make all vehicles require a pilot and a gunner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE - it's not too late to make all vehicles require a pilot and a gunner

I think 2 player tanks would be great, you could drive without having to worry about lining up a shot. It makes sense. Give a MG control to the driver and let there be a main gun gunner. You could easily watch for obstacles and maneuver better this way. I know its not hard to drive the tank, but work as a team you could do better. Not to mention getting the MG gunner out of the easy target that is on top of the tank. Sitting duck up there from EVERYTHING!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_05_TL_6sd
      I think 2 player tanks would be great, you could drive without having to worry about lining up a shot. It makes sense. Give a MG control to the driver and let there be a main gun gunner. You could easily watch for obstacles and maneuver better this way. I know its not hard to drive the tank, but work as a team you could do better. Not to mention getting the MG gunner out of the easy target that is on top of the tank. Sitting duck up there from EVERYTHING!!

Thats where you are wrong - the 2 players do not have the cooperation to actually hit anyhting bechause the driver has one idea and the gunner has one idea, and the driver most of the time wont stop to let you have a good aim at a target.

The tank is also too short lived on the battlefield to actually have a go at it if you need 2 to operate it. You need at least audio communication between the gunner and driver in a tank. Its hard enough to get a good pilot in a helicopter. Just driving the tank without being able to fire the cannon would be so boring that I would just let it stand there empty and I would be deprived of the fun the tank gives me now.

To the one mentioning a crew of 4 - I wouldnt even touch the tank if I only were to put the ammunition or something in and thats it. Try for 15 minutes to get a good team on it, and die after 1 minute, rinse and repeat. Boooring.

Why accept second best though? Bear in mind this is a fantasy request - it won't happen but then again it should have been in the game from day one
      Now why does allmost everyone on these forums seem to conclude with that their idea is ultimately how the game should be from the beginning and that everything else is just wrong and has to be fixed asap.

Comment

because we all have a different idea of 'our perfect game'.

I'm glad we're all different..but it sure makes talking about this kind of stuff tricky

I think having a vehicle REQUIRE more than 1 player goes against the spirit of the Battlefield franchise.

Sure, it's a good idea .. but only for certain people.

Comment

Just play FH2 and the other mods. In FH2 doesnt it take 4 guys to operate a tank succesfully?

Comment

I think making vehicles two player operated is a brilliant idea, its one i suggested ages ago but unfortunately the majority of people on this forum didnt take too well to it. i think its just ridiculous one man can drive and fire a tank at the same time, too much power in one guys hands if you ask me. Plus it would encourage more teamwork rather than solo tank whores. as for jets, im not sure, i think it is realistically possible to fly em with only one person so i'd leave that and just make it applicable to armour.

Comment

2-man tank crew is not such a bad idea in MP (if you have voice comm between the crew) but it makes tanks no fun at all in SP. I've tried it before; I think it was the DC-Realism mod.

Comment

actaully i was thinking about this since i was doing a research paper on the gulf war and the m1a1 abrams tank takes 4 ppl to operate...but if ppl wont cooperate as infantry, why would they cooperate in a tank. itd be a nice realism feature, but i can see the whiners already

Comment

Well, according to interviews, in bf 2142 you will need 2 to be effective vs infantry, cause you have no secondary weapon as driver. But I'm glad you can still fire the main cannon.

Comment

Working...
                  X