Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solution to Jets

Originally posted by sidtherat
    you convininently forgot to note, that 1.2 AA missiles were A BIT different than that what we have now. they hit 100%.
    Mindset is still present. Until jets arent pushed back on the foodchain so that they will struggle to be on the mainland at all, people will whine their hearts out.

but in many aspects increase in effectivenes was neglected by shorter range [much shorter], and less damage..
    Thus providing you, surprise, air cover above your base. Also note that primary job of ELIMINATING air threat is on your fighters shoulders. STA just provides air defense. Meaninhg, if it scares, its effective. If it affects, its effective. Its not an offensive weapon which you score kills with.

major problems remain - stationarity [obvious ] and showing up on hud, if ALL emplacements were light up - empty or not, pilots would die MUCH MORE often
    Not really. Careless pilots would die. But careless pilots have always died.

and about rubbish pilots - ive played against some GOOD pilots in 1.2 - they didnt care about AA at all, because they were good [it is ok with me]. rubbish pilots were flying good ol' ways - straight, and were dying and whining
    Not much has changed since the first game release. Stupid pilots die. Good pilots survive.

what isnt ok with me is that pilot with 10minutes of experience laughts loudly at AA. this isnt good. and you seem to defend them, as 'they fly jets, and they are bound to dominate and be untouchable'
    Pilots with 10 minutes experience are my cannon practice :laugh: . They also like to crash trees. From ATS perspective those pilots arent even a threat. If you fall under THEM, then theres something wrong with you...

Comment

nice stratagy

Comment

Meaninhg, if it scares, its effective. If it affects, its effective. Its not an offensive weapon which you score kills with.
        problem is - it isnt effective, as it does not scare good pilots [quite normal and obvious] but also the medicore or even bad ones.. all stationary AA does most of the time is feed you kills, as it is so weak, that instead of avoiding you attack it with passion [as you know it is not going to hurt you]

btw. am i right thinking that most of what we disccus here aplies to wake/dalian? try to fly over daquing, with 2 mobile AAs hunting for you.. if you manage to rack your typical wake 60-0 score then i salute you, even if you use j10

Comment

Originally posted by sidtherat
          problem is - it isnt effective, as it does not scare good pilots [quite normal and obvious] but also the medicore or even bad ones.. all stationary AA does most of the time is feed you kills, as it is so weak, that instead of avoiding you attack it with passion [as you know it is not going to hurt you]
          I attack it if I have to. If it as potential to kill me, I MUST take it down. There really isnt other alternatives, unless wer etalking about hiding in high skies. But I do that anyway.

btw. am i right thinking that most of what we disccus here aplies to wake/dalian? try to fly over daquing, with 2 mobile AAs hunting for you.. if you manage to rack your typical wake 60-0 score then i salute you, even if you use j10
          Not that much of a problem

I always try to fly with as little lock on me as possible. I admit I fly a little bolder if Im in friendly airspace, but Im a coward, so I take altitude as soon as theres trouble, mobile AA is a threat to careless pilots. Good pilots arent careless. And good pilots dont fly low either.

Comment

the fact is when they improved the aa it was good thing except for noob pilots, remeber how all of a sudden u would get tk'ed for an aa gun? and how the noob pilots stopped tking for jets? the skilled pilots still owned..wtf did they have to nerf the aa back down....

Comment

And thats the main problem when a computer controls your missiles, they are either to crappy or to good, theres no real middle ground. What you find impossible to dodge someone else will breeze right past and vice versa. And a total newb will down a good pilot, or a veteran will not be able to down a newb jet.

Its really just a crappy system.

Comment

Yeah I kind of miss 1.2..

Cause my style, I fly at the limits of the sky... as in... I stay anywhere between 800-900 and fly across the map and stuff, and I rely on other people telling me/spotting things, for me to dive down and kill it.

Like AA, on wake, it doesn't even matter, cause I know all the AA positions, so I don't care if they go back to 1.2 style. Sure they will kill alot of people, but hey, it's just easier to grab a jet and makes my game that much easier . Cause like =IMO= said, people will be tk'ing for AA now, and not for jets.

Comment

Working...
                X