• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: strafeRight Looking For Community Feedback

a poll perhaps?

Comment

StrafeRight is currently my favorite server to play on. However if sR City Maps started playing IO mode (even 50% of the time) I would never play the server again.

Allow me to list the main reasons I dislike IO mode:

1) A server without vehicles promotes stat padding behavior as medic squads will run wild and it'll be only a very small step up from knife and pistol servers

2) IO servers are currently a horrible campfest with no vehicles or artillery to break the stalemates

3) IO servers are a perversion of the entire Battlefield series. Infantry Only? What was DICE thinking? Vehicle and infantry interaction is what makes the BF2 series great, and without thinks like vehicles and commanders BF2 is nothing more than a watered down Counterstrike.

4) If you aren't a medic in IO mode, you're worthless. AT kit, Spec Ops kit, Engineering kit, Sniper kit, and assault kit are all pointless in IO mode. Even support to a degree is pretty much as useless as the other classes. This ties in with the "Medicfield" crap that IO mode creates. I played an IO mode server recently, and while you had some idiots running around as snipers (at the bottom of the scoreboard) pretty much the entire server was running around as a medic with no need for teamwork or even basic tactics that you must employ when you encounter certain armored and/or airborne vehicles.

5) Finally, strategy and teamwork do go out the window with IO mode. No more loading your squad in to an APC to break that enemy line. No more having to hop in that TOW missile to destroy that enemy tank. No more having to key one eye pointed towards the sky watching out for that enemy chopper so you can hop in a mounted 50cal and toast it. IO mode is pretty much -> spawn medic -> run towards closest flag -> shoot at enemy -> revive teamate -> die -> rinse repeat. Bleh!

I have a lot of respect for the sR crew running a nice fair server to play on. I'm happy to say sR is one of the only servers I've played with some regularity that hasn't kicked me for "cheating" or "vehicle whoring" or whatever reason crooked admins cook up to kick good players. However all that respect would go down the tubes if you caved to the few "infantry only" stat padders.

And finally, I certainly wouldn't mind a Wake 2007 server. Wake 2007 only is a little bland, so perhaps a sR "air maps" rotation server with the best air maps would be a better idea. Something like Dalian Plant -> Wake 2007 -> Gulf of Oman -> Dragon Valley. I'd play that server.. for sure.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words PlaneW...we have toyed with the idea of an air map setup for a while. Seeing your name reminds me of the other side of BF2 that we aren't properly providing for at the moment on our two servers.

Rest assured we are reading this thread and would love to hear thoughts on any aspects people would like to comment or suggest to us as a server host.

And yes, a poll just might be in order Rockett

Comment

It will be great to have an air maps server. That would make me be in that server most of the time.

Comment

id love a well admined 24/7 wake server, and from what ive seen in your current servers it is a possibility, if it remains mostly uninhabited for the 1st week or so change it to air maps or 24/7 jalabad, but there are many players that play wake like crazy, i sure do, and would definitly play on a sR 24/7 wake.

Comment

1. No
              2. Yes

Comment

SR's City Maps server is in a list that includes only 2 other clans' servers, =TAW= and =HIT= that I play on.

Unfortunately, I have issues with a software dev. doing 'beta' patches and haven't tried 1.4 yet. Once its official, if RTJ plays well, sure I'd love to see another decent city map. And removing vehicles would be fun as well, not all the time, but once in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by sR Craig

So if you could, please answer the following two questions:
                  1. Would you like to see us enable the Infantry Only mode?

2. Would you like use to add the new map 'Road to Jalalabad" to our City Maps server?
                  First Craig, thanks to sR for providing good servers. I play the City Maps server a good bit and I've never had any reason to complain about how it's administered.

1. Yes, though perhaps an alternating scheme as has been suggested earlier might be a good way to start out. That way folks can compare and contrast strengths / weaknesses.

2. Yes, definitely. Seems like you're running Gulf of Oman on there now in addition to Mashtuur, Karkand and Sharqi right? If so, I'd drop Gulf.

Comment

Thanks to all for the kind words about our slice of the BF2 community. It's always nice to see so many I recognize (and some I don't but I plan to get to know soon) enjoying our servers.

Anyway...what we've decided to do is put Jalalabad on our City Maps server when it is available. As far as the IO setup the community seems split nearly in half over this gameplay so we may just let the new gamemode hit and see what goes on in other servers before making any decisions on adopting the mode on any of our boxes.

So I just have one more question for the minds here at TBf2:

We have decided to launch another 64 man ranked server for the communities around the net and seeing as how we have the infantry situation covered pretty well with our City Maps and Karkand servers we thought it only fitting to pay homage to some of you flyboys with a server setup just for you!

So...here's where you come in soldiers

What air style maps would you like to see in rotation? (2-3 max)

We were thinking maybe Wake/Oman with maybe a 3rd map thrown in as flavor during the weekends.

Thanks again so much for any input you may have and of course, thanks to TBF2/MyIS for the excellent resource that is this forum/site.

-Craig

Comment

3rd map...Dragon maybe?

Or daqing, idk...either would be cool for a weekends map

Comment

Yes we like Daq for a splash of zest as well

How about the core map(s)?

Comment

Even though its not very popular, I think that Operation Clean Sweep is a good air map. Dragon Valley and Daqing Oilfields are very good too.

Comment

i would vote for 24/7 wake as there is a LARGE community of people who play only wake or mostly wake, but for variety i vote for the following
                            Wake 2 or 3x-Gulf of Oman 2 or 3x-cleansweep 2 or 3x
                            Wake 2 or 3x-Gulf of Oman 2 or 3x-Daqing 2 or 3x
                            Wake 2 or 3x-Gulf of Oman 2 or 3x-Fushe 2 or 3x
                            Wake 2 or 3x-Gulf of Oman 2 or 3x-Dragon Valley 2 or 3x

Comment

Wake 3x-Gulf of Oman 3x-cleansweep 2x
                              Wake 3x-Gulf of Oman 3x-Daqing 2x
                              Wake 3x-Gulf of Oman 3x-Fushe 2x
                              Wake 3x-Gulf of Oman 3x-Dragon Valley 2x
                              Wake 3x-Gulf of Oman 3x-Dalian Plant 2x
                              I added one more rotation. That would be perfect. Make it 3 rounds per map for sure and 2 rounds per map for the extras.

Comment

see, teamwork can help with anything related to bf2, even figuring out the map rotations :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X