No announcement yet.

Do Claymores hurt tanks and vechiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do Claymores hurt tanks and vechiles?

Jupp 1.2 messed it ALL up
    Ah I love to reminisce about the good old days of 1.1, 1.12, 1.13 etc.

I did make quiet a few tankers very mad at me with this technique. Sometime I would go and place claymores on mines that were set by the enemy. Even if FF was off for friendly mines the clay would detonate it and the poor red engineer would get a juicy TK :laugh:
    Range/splash of ATmines was simply amazing pre-1.2

Comment

A bump in the road will do far more damage to any armor than a claymore. You're just telling the armor that there is probably a sniper to kill nearby.

Comment

I went through one clip on my snipe rifle on the engine block of the car and when he got there and hit my claymore; he was dust.

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
          I went through one clip on my snipe rifle on the engine block of the car and when he got there and hit my claymore; he was dust.
          From an armor whore's (what I am far from being) perspective, it is NOT interesting to set off claymores even though this could help your infantry - because if the claymore stays there, it may hopefully kill your teammate and make the sniper happy - so if he dies he chooses Sniper kit again to rack up his claymore kills instead of choosing anything that could pose me a threat (Spec Ops or AT).

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
            ...Recently, I have been playing sniper a lot more, and I have not been able to get this to ever happen. For infantry, the detonation zone is ungodly and unrealistically wide. But for armor, it always just rolls right past.
            How do you figure? It's really quite tiny in comparison to how it SHOULD work...see below for blast diagram and ranges

Comment

A good way for me to kill off the driver is sticking a claymore on the vechicle and when he gets out to repair, BOOM!

Comment

Anyone ever tried planting a claymore on an FAV or DPV and doing kamikaze missions with them? It would be funny if it worked.

Comment

I personally have never seen a claymore damage a vehicle. Mostly because I have never seen a cm out in the open where the vehicles are. I dont think that it would do much damage to a tank if it were to detonate anyway. However in the sniper vs. tank situation, I will put my $ on the tank. Sniper should spot the tank or call for artillery, then recap the flag after he leaves-

Comment

Working...
                  X