Do Claymores hurt tanks and vechiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Claymores hurt tanks and vechiles?

As a sniper, I feel useless and very vulnerable against tanks.
    There is nothing I can do to them.

Lets say I am at a flag, and a tank is there capping it. The tank does not see me (sniper) at all. Can I place a claymore next to the tank, so that it blows up hurting the tank, and the driver hops out to fix it.... which I can now jump in, and take the tank from the person.

Basically, I want to know if claymores will go off on vechiles and tanks. Thanks.

Re: Do Claymores hurt tanks and vechiles?

no, when im in a jeep i run over all the sniper claymores to piss em off and it dont hurt much, so i guess they dont hurt vehicles much

Comment

claymores when detonated release an storm of flying sharpnel in the direction its pointing at, its exploision isn't enough to damage a vehicle really, the sharpnel would also have little affect on a tank.

Comment

claymores do slight damage but nothing considerable, (if full health) but... if your *vehicle* is bleeping then try to stay clear of them

Comment

I have been killed by claymores driving in Humvees and in buggy's. They don't really hurt the vehicle but do kill you.

Comment

claymores will totally wreck a DPV or a FAV however. what i miss about claymores is being able to stick them on top of tanks, or on humvees. that way, you could either a)spawn as a sniper, put claymores on a tank you were gonna drive so no spec ops guys could sneak up and c4 you, or b)drop some claymores on the enemy tank, so when he gets out of the tank to repair, the claymore kills him and you could steal it. with the new collision stuff however, it doesnt seem possible anymore to get the claymores to stay on

Comment

Are you guys sure that this wasn't nerfed or even removed in some previous patch?

I do definitely remember in the past seeing snipers throw down claymores in front of incoming armor and being surprised when the claymore went off taking out the armor. The armor didn't even have to run over it. Sometimes, some sniper would scurry out from behind some tree, drop the claymore near a spawn raping tank, and then scurry back. Two seconds later when the armor moved, BOOM!

BUT....

Recently, I have been playing sniper a lot more, and I have not been able to get this to ever happen. For infantry, the detonation zone is ungodly and unrealistically wide. But for armor, it always just rolls right past.

Comment

Was a super bomb trick you could do by dropping at mine and then having a sniper drop a clay behind it in the path of aim, something going by it would trigger the clay, which in turn would blow the at mine.

Comment

I don't care about how much damage it does...

...all I want to know is if a tank, or car, will set it off.

If driving pass a claymore will it explode, or will it just sit there normally.

Comment

Originally posted by -Thomas_Rickets-
                    I have been killed by claymores driving in Humvees and in buggy's. They don't really hurt the vehicle but do kill you.
                    ya, i saw that before. it also kills the tank's gunner. surprisingly, but quite rare i think.

Comment

Claymores do in fact damage light transport, about 30%-50% of the total health of the vehicle (though it might not seem like it as it seems a fast moving vehicle will detonate it without taking damage). However they do next to nothing or nothing at all to tanks and APCs (not a noticable amount in other words). I know that because whenever I see enemy claymores and I'm in armor I'll purposefully run over them to trigger a detonation so one of my poor teammates running around as a medic does not eat it head on.

Comment

First, as a sniper my main job if I see tanks or other vehicles is just to spot them and stay hidden till someone comes who can take them out, then cover that person. However, if you play in a squad and use teamwork (a weird idea, I know) then odds are very slim that you'll be the only person to see a tank, and there will be others there who can help to take it out.

Comment

i have tried it
                          claymores do work on jeeps like FAV's and DPV cos they aren't reallly protected and they kill the passengers but it doesnt work on tanks

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMatx
                            As a sniper, I feel useless and very vulnerable against tanks.
                            There is nothing I can do to them.
                            Get some AT guys in your squad?

Claymores can kill people in FAV's and DPV's, not tanks.

Comment

Okay, let me start all over again from the top. Here is what happened.

So I am playing on Karkand, USMC side. We had all the control points except the gatehouse and suburbs had just gone back to MEC. I had been playing as speck ops all game but died and switched to sniper as they were starting to set up a defense across the river. Wouldn't you know as soon as I spawn back in at the train wreck a tank rolls across to take the flag. I realize as sniper their isn't &$^# I can do to take out the tank. Tank rolls past me and doesn't realize I am right by and starts lowering the flag, and gets it neutral. I run up behind it and and go prone and crawl under the the tank, effectively stopping the tank from capturing the flag. I could tell the tank driver realized someone was in the area, as it started to move slowly back and forth a few times.. Everytime, I just crawled to stay underneath. After about 1 minute of this, the driver hops out of the tank and I hop in and kill him, and then recap the flag. I was almost in tears laughing when it happened thinking that this poor guy probably still doesn't have a clue what the heck just happened. Funniest thing I have ever done in the game.

So I was wondering, if I could have taken out a claymore, and then used it hurt the tank. so that the next time this happens, I can hurt the tank, and hopefully the engineer will pop out of the tank to fix it. All i need to know. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X