• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Screen BF2

I play on a 32inch Sharp Aquos.

It's great when I fly the helicopter.

Comment

Help

I am trying to get BF2 to work on my PJ via DVI-D cable but everytime I try to load the game it just crashes to desktop before if gets to the first credits.

Seems to work on the PC ok (i am typing this on a 2metre screen ) Just makes BF2 crash all the time. Anyone else tried this?? have any ideas.
      I am running a widescreen projection of 1280x720 & i have already tried the widescreen szy hack.

maybe i should try 4:3 @ a lower res first ?

Comment

I played BF2 on a 58" once, with surround sound and super bass woofers, let me tell you, i was being locked on by another jet and i pressed the buttons on my remote so i could eject, thats how realistic it was

EJECT EJECT, oh ****, i turned my tv off

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Penetrator_27 View Post
          I am trying to get BF2 to work on my PJ via DVI-D cable but everytime I try to load the game it just crashes to desktop before if gets to the first credits.
          I played BF2 at a friend's house on a digital projector a few weeks back. About 2-3 metres diagonal 4:3 ratio (plus Bose sound system). Don't know what kit he was using or how he set it up, but I'll ask him next time if I see him. He mostly uses it for Flight Sim X or movies.

Image was a little too fuzzy for my liking plus too much eye movement required to keep track of everything "on screen", but you do seriously jump (a la brown-trousers-time) when you get unexpectedly ambushed with such a cinema(tic) setup!

Comment

I TRIED playing on my 53" CRT (might be back-projection... not sure... all I know is that it's 5 years old and not LCD) through an S-video cable, but for some reason, BF2 kept crashing whenever I'd try loading it. Crysis crashed, too. FEAR combat was the only game I got working.

Comment

Originally posted by minicoop503 View Post
              ?

5 char
              They take your money while you sit, stand, sit, stand, sing, and act like a fool.

Comment

BF2 on 42"

I got it onto my 42" Panasonic Plasma using DVI-HDMI. I also got the 5.1 surround through COAX, although I usually just go audio composite because it's easier than reaching behind and unplugging the digital cable.

BF2 has command line arguments to specify the resolution you want, I have mine at 1778x1000 (-x1778 -y1000). It's mad pimp.

Comment

Sweeet!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_*** View Post
                    My dad owns the local movie theater and BF2 was sweet on 12x8 meter screen for a weekend
                    HAHA that is sweet!

Comment

Working...
                    X