BunnyHopers/Dolphindivers/whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BunnyHopers/Dolphindivers/whatever

I actaully don't see this too often but I DID see this one guys doing it and he was owning me with it.

I definitely got frustrated, but I kept my eye out for him. Once I knew that he was doing this and I saw him, his movements were surprisingly quite predictable. The good thing was that I could fire at all times and he could not. I took him out 5 times in a row with the G36E and he cries "Stupid G36E noob."

I laughed my *** off. This guy bunnyhoppin and dolphin diving gets owned and calls the person who did it a noob. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
      But I went onto Sharqi and holy sh1t it has changed, I got killed by a group of like 10 medics doing this crouch/prone/jump thing, looked really weird, so I decided to take the Tank, I killed alot of them but it was funny yet strange, I killed someone and this medic came out of nowhere infront of me doing this 'thing' and bounced proned revived jumped up crouched proned and disapeared again, and im left like uh?
      Sorry, made me laugh just picturing that in my thoughts LoL :laugh:

And you forgot the C4 "jump throw click boom" thing, or is it "throw jump click and boom" thing?

Comment

bunny hopping: It takes energy to do it (like running) so why isn't it disabled when you're fatigued? (like running) Problem solved

prone: It makes sense that you can dive and shoot at the same time, it may not be the best choice but you can do this in real life (albeit with possible damage and nowhere near the accuracy afforded in game)... It's fitting. And even without the shooting part, diving is pretty essential. I would however suggest an animation for standing that takes maybe like a half second or a second (not from crouch though, this should remain instant).

Comment

Please....no more changes to the game. Lets just deal with the bunnys and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
            Something that seems to be overlooked is the use of macros and the G15 keyboard. It's not the jumping that is the problem is the people that are abusing the physics. I mean what are you going to do, ask them to remove the jump all together? Ask them to remove the prone all together?
            There should be a way to block macros instead of hardcoding the gaem again. I honestly dont think the game would be the same if they made anymore changes to it. It's going to stop being a fast paced FPS and turn into a turn based shooter instead.
            I don't condone exploits, cheats, or any of that crap but I also don't condone butchering the code.
            Seriously, why do people even bother with this cop out? Does it make you feel better when a more reflexive player beats you? Macros? For prone spamming? If you can't accomplish this with two fingers while shooting and moving left and right than it's no wonder you ***** at everything (not nescessarily you Revolution, just in general). I do however agree with you about them not butchering the game code, they have done a ****poor job so far, and need to stop before 1.4 comes out. The never has, and never will be ANYTHING that a marco can do in this game, that a talented player can't. And that's the problem, you can't tell if they are or not, so let the accusations fly.

They are never going to do anything about macros, they can't. They can't check for them because the programs that people use for their gaming keyboards, mice, game pads can do them, so what are they going to do reset everyone that uses a G15, Nostromo, or Copperhead? Yea, that's going to work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
              Seriously, why do people even bother with this cop out? Does it make you feel better when a more reflexive player beats you? Macros? For prone spamming? If you can't accomplish this with two fingers while shooting and moving left and right than it's no wonder you ***** at everything (not nescessarily you Revolution, just in general). I do however agree with you about them not butchering the game code, they have done a ****poor job so far, and need to stop before 1.4 comes out. The never has, and never will be ANYTHING that a marco can do in this game, that a talented player can't. And that's the problem, you can't tell if they are or not, so let the accusations fly.

They are never going to do anything about macros, they can't. They can't check for them because the programs that people use for their gaming keyboards, mice, game pads can do them, so what are they going to do reset everyone that uses a G15, Nostromo, or Copperhead? Yea, that's going to work out.
              It's not a 'cop out' when people admit to using it. You make it sound like macro using is some sort of myth that floats around the totalbf2 forums.

Guess what?

People use them everywhere. Personally, I don't give a rat's *** if you're proning/crouching/diving manually or with a macro. It's still irritating as hell.

Comment

It never fails to amaze me how laying flat on the ground, as a stationary target, seems to be a viable defensive option to some people.

Seriously, I'm starting to think that a great number of players who complain about "bunny hopping" are people who use Joysticks for ground combat.

Shooting a jumping player is no different than leading your shots on a running player; it just takes a little adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by scott111
                  Please....no more changes to the game. Lets just deal with the bunnys and move on.
                  [FUDD]Shhh, be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits![/FUDD]

Comment

I am sick of those engineers tightening all the nuts and bolts in the game. I hate the way the weapons can kill me. Don't even mention the silly idea the designers got putting tracks on the tanks. The MEC guys are Arabic, PLA are Chinese and the USMC are all Americans! What utter drivel! I am sick of these ridiculous flaws! I would also like to see them introduce tungsten tipped mangoes with nuclear warheads and fully automatic pickle cannons for those dodgy J-10's!

Comment

It's very unlikely that bunnyhopping to avoid gunfire was in any FPS designers plans... It looks ridiculous, and it's frustrating.

I do it also... but I never do it in a gunfight, because I'd prefer being able to kill accurately to being able to stay alive long enough to spray enough bullets. Maybe I'm a purist, but I always prefer to know exactly which bullet it was that killed my target... gives me a rush, makes me feel good. (last night I took somebody out with one shot from a sniper rifle while they were dropping in their parachute and I freaked out! ) I bunny hop when I'm running from heavy fire, especially armor. But doing it in the middle of a gun fight? I would love to see them make jumps harder (or impossible) when totally fatigued... easiest solution, realistic solution, and it leaves people the option to jump (dance) out of gunfire in hairy situations.

edit for JSR: I've noticed with a sniper rifle that at times a jumping target is actually easier than a running target, because you can predict where they'll be more accurately than when they're running (you know where they'll land, and that can't change once they're in the air).

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfly
                        It's very unlikely that bunnyhopping to avoid gunfire was in any FPS designers plans... It looks ridiculous, and it's frustrating.

I do it also... but I never do it in a gunfight, because I'd prefer being able to kill accurately to being able to stay alive long enough to spray enough bullets. Maybe I'm a purist, but I always prefer to know exactly which bullet it was that killed my target... gives me a rush, makes me feel good. (last night I took somebody out with one shot from a sniper rifle while they were dropping in their parachute and I freaked out! ) I bunny hop when I'm running from heavy fire, especially armor. But doing it in the middle of a gun fight? I would love to see them make jumps harder (or impossible) when totally fatigued... easiest solution, realistic solution, and it leaves people the option to jump (dance) out of gunfire in hairy situations.

edit for JSR: I've noticed with a sniper rifle that at times a jumping target is actually easier than a running target, because you can predict where they'll be more accurately than when they're running (you know where they'll land, and that can't change once they're in the air).
                        Good job slug, you completely contradicted your point. The rage at bunny hopping came about because of pure frustration in the first place. If player "A" can do something but player "B" doesn't know how to do that same thing, player "B" will more than likely opt to have it removed all together. This is a game, not real life. It's not even close to being a reality sim in any way.
                        The same people that said "change it" in the first place are the biggest hipocrits. They have the nerve to tell the rest of the community "The game has changed, deal with it...adapt". When in fact they are the one that originally couldn't deal with the game the way it was.
                        Purist you say? I dont know about that, if you were you would have objected to any change other than real fixes in the first place.

Comment

Okay, maybe purist isn't the right term... I guess I just like to aim and kill rather than spray and count the dead. As for contradicting my point, there's a difference between jumping and diving for cover (which is realistic) and jumping repeatedly while spraying a machine gun at a close range enemy (which would get you deaded real quick in RL). I know how to bunny hop, I'm sure if I practiced I could learn how to aim rather well while bunny hopping. But I don't want to, why not? Because it destroys the immersion of the game. When I say I'm a purist, it's because I want total immersion. Immersion for me is just as important as the gameplay, in fact I believe this is true of everybody but that many don't recognize or understand the subconscious importance immersion plays.

As for "this is a game, not real life" that's one of the silliest things I've heard, and I hear it constantly on any forum about any game. Of course it's not real life, but realism is what encourages immersion. This doesn't mean that we should mimic life exactly, but the rules of the game (physics mostly) should mimic real life physics as closely as possible. This includes energy and fatigue.

I always end up running out of breath when on foot. And I hate having to walk slowly when I'm in a rush to get to safety or into a battle. It's frustrating and annoying. But would I opt to get rid of the fatigue bar? Never. It adds to the immersion, it adds to the importance of thinking about your movements, conserving your energy for when you know you're going to need that sprint. I merely suggest that they do the same thing for jumping. This way three groups of people can remain at least satisfied if not happy.
                          1) if you have decent fatigue you can still "bunny hop" long enough to take out a target or get to safety.
                          2) if you spend your whole game smashing the jump button you'll get owned quick because you've forgotten how to fight on your feet
                          3) it adds to the immersion since somebody who doesn't have the energy to run shouldn't be able to jump 3 feet into the air repeatedly.

Comment

I'm partial to bunny hopping with with a peacock feather jammed up my arse and yodeling "Born in the USA".

Comment

noob noob

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
                                Yea it's quite annoying. Since bf2 isn't gonna fix some of these stupid tactics I've decided to join the crowd. It seems like, only in bf2 do you see everyone lay down in fun fights. It's odd.
                                Whine, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X