unable to select xfi in audio options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unable to select xfi in audio options

Thanks guys, i ended up having to just reinstall the creative driver then bam came up. Why is it so paranoid by one little measily chipset driver change?

Comment

On the creative website the latest x fi patch mentions fixing problems for BF2 v1.12 ..... so I don't know whether or not 1.3 is covered.

I actually attempted to remove bf2, install the lastest creative drivers, and reinstall bf2 in the hope that maybe the reinstall would pick up on the presence of the fatality card.

Sadly this didn't work - it still says in BF2 Audio options when I attempt to select x-fi that my hardware doesn't support this option. I can select the hardware option though, so it recognises that there is something there.... (maybe - I don't have another system with no sound card to test whether that option is there regardless)

All the music creation that I do on the card seems to work fine (these are pretty versatile cards creative released, which is why I got one over an emu) but this game doesn't seem to recognise the card is there. And I know this because of the sampling rates etc etc

Any other suggestions?

Ah, sorry missed Bludos reply on the second page - I'll try reinstalling the creative drivers.

Comment

TRY THIS....GO TO START>ALL PROGS>CREATIVE>MODE SWITCHER

make sure the x fi card is not in music cration mode ..make sure the toggle switch is in game mode..start bf2 go into audio and set it to hardware and see if it detects the xfi.

Comment

Working...
        X