Hiding Online Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding Online Status

Let's say my.....uh.....friend is working from home. He's doing some work when all of a sudden something breaks that is not part of his control. The data center is dispatched and they begin work. My....uh....friend is stuck in his work until they call him.

My......uh...friend likes to play battlefield and is resisting playing while he's on the clock. One reason is that his team-lead plus several others at his work play bf and just might check his stats and notice that he's online during work hours.

How can I......crap i mean.....my friend hide his online status?

Re: Hiding Online Status

you cant

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
      you cant
      meh - thats what I thought. maybe i'll make a new account called "dont_tell_my_boss"

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        maybe i'll make a new account called "dont_tell_my_boss"
        lol classic! Wish I could play BF2 at college or work =)

Comment

He can play nonranked.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
            meh - thats what I thought. maybe i'll make a new account called "dont_tell_my_boss"

priceless....

Ps: maybe the account should be "dont_tell_my_friends_boss"?

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
              He can play nonranked.
              your still logged into the account server.

Comment

But it doesnt record any of your stats, if someone check bf2s while he is playing you can just come back with why was he looking at game sites at work.

Comment

Let your friends all know that you.. uh... your friend has another friend that will be playing on your... dang it... his (or her) account for a while as they don't want to buy their own copy and your friend (and really, there is just as much chance the friend could be a hot blond from california who loves middle aged men who play computer games and thinks they are.. whoah back to business. The hot blond will be playing on your account. No one would fault you for giving your password to a hot blond.

Simon

Comment

Just claim that you (or your friend or whatever) are using your (oh screw it) downtime to preform bandwidth tests. By playing a bandwidth sensitive on-line game, your trained eye can pick up any fluctuations in bandwidth or disruptions in service.

Man, sometimes I miss the ol Webcafe I used to co-manage. Long hours, crap pay, but I had a boss that would come in and ask why the hell I wasn't playing more games on shift!

Comment

I don't get it. Make a new account. What's the issue? Get another email address, or better yet, buy a domain and have millions of email addresses, I have two domains, they cost something like $7 for two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dearmad
                        I don't get it. Make a new account. What's the issue?
                        well he's no stat padder, but he'd like to play with his unlocks instead of having multiple accounts in the off-chance this situation occurs again.

Comment

U can...err..your friend can play BF2 at work? Lucky him. I only get a piece of sh*t laptop that has enough trouble started up let alone get online.

Comment

this thread is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                              U can...err..your friend can play BF2 at work? Lucky him. I only get a piece of sh*t laptop that has enough trouble started up let alone get online.
                              my...um...friends laptop is good enough for bf2 but can only play in low settings. however, he's at home now and is looking at these forums (um...he doesn't post) on his work laptop but right behind him is his home computer which can play BF2 in "ok" settings.

not that big of a deal.......his team-lead plays at work as well, so it's really not a problem, i just posted this thread...um he asked me to.......just for giggles.

My....uh...freind is lucky enough to work in an environment where if there is nothing going on, you can sit on your laptop and play BF2 - as long as no one outside the IT dept. finds out. Luckily if someone starts walking towards him with intent in their eyes, he just hits types - "tilde......e.x.i.t.........enter"

Also I...um....i mean.....he plays in windowed mode. theres always alt-tab.

Comment

Working...
                              X