• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat-Quokka
    Guest replied
    Re: My AA rant

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
    Do you think somehow DICE "accidentally" added that in... no. It was MEANT to be there... it isn't an exploit.

That's like me saying shooting your gun at me is an exploit...
    Every exploiter tries to insinuate that, because it's in the game, it was MEANT to be there. From dolphin diving, macro-using, bunny-hopping, to chopper/jet-AA-lock-breaking-seat-switching. It's not fair. It's not designed that way. And you KNOW It.

The only thing you've done, with your statement, is PROVEN that you do it. You, in a jet, look at the map for non-greyed out AA on the ground, because you KNOW it's occupied. It's an exploit, and you take advantage of it like every exploiter does. By trying to insinuate that OF COURSE it's fair that I get to see anything that can possibly shoot me down. I mean... I'm 'leet'. That's the advantage that 'leet' people should expect.

Quokka

Leave a comment:

• XmetallicaXguitarstX
    replied

Originally posted by Combat-Quokka
    QFT! But there's no point arguing with them. It's impossible to argue with someone that is terrified of losing their 'leet' status, because they actually might not be able to use their exploits anymore. Yeah... I'm a leet pilot, you can tell by my uber-KDR stats... and you should adapt to the fact that I know when you're in a position to even possibly shoot me down. Being able to look at a map, and immediately be able to tell which AA is manned, is an exploit. And every single jet pilot worth their salt does it.

FFS!

AN EXPLOIT? Get the f*ck outta here...

An exploit... are you serious...

You are like one of the people that thinks stat padding is purposely trying to get your score higher... it's NOT. Stat padding would be an illegal method of artificially inflating your score, and an exploit is using something to your advantage that wasn't meant to be in game.

wasn't meant to be in game.

Do you think somehow DICE "accidentally" added that in... no. It was MEANT to be there... it isn't an exploit.

That's like me saying shooting your gun at me is an exploit...

Leave a comment:

• Combat-Quokka
    Guest replied

Originally posted by KurtisMayfield
    Wait, so it is ok for a pilot to

#1. Know when the AA is manned or unmanned
    #2. Know that they can take 2 hits from the AA and not die
    #3. Dive in with one click and kill the AA

Meanwhile

#1. AA has no idea where you are, unless you have been spotted.
    #2. AA knows that they will not survive
    #3. AA knows that they cannot kill you in one pass.

So basically, your whole argument is "Buy a joystick and spend 5 hours in a jet, then you will pwn" ?

Thanks for adding something constructive.
    QFT! But there's no point arguing with them. It's impossible to argue with someone that is terrified of losing their 'leet' status, because they actually might not be able to use their exploits anymore. Yeah... I'm a leet pilot, you can tell by my uber-KDR stats... and you should adapt to the fact that I know when you're in a position to even possibly shoot me down. Being able to look at a map, and immediately be able to tell which AA is manned, is an exploit. And every single jet pilot worth their salt does it.

Leave a comment:

• Sheeple Police
    Guest replied

You will become a 'good' player when you can adapt to changing variables. Stop wasting your time posting in here and go learn HOW to take down jets in static AA. It IS possible. You probably won't take then down on their 1st straffe. But if you register a hit, jets take a LONG time to repair over the airfield. So chances are they will come back at you still damaged. Wait, and hit them again and they're toast. Simple as that. It's not rocket science people. Just stop and THINK for once.

"Duhhh, what the heck... I clicked the mouse and he didn't die!"
    "They need to change AA so they get taken down w/ 2 missiles. Then I'll pwn!"
    Wait, so it is ok for a pilot to

#1. Know when the AA is manned or unmanned
    #2. Know that they can take 2 hits from the AA and not die
    #3. Dive in with one click and kill the AA

Meanwhile

#1. AA has no idea where you are, unless you have been spotted.
    #2. AA knows that they will not survive
    #3. AA knows that they cannot kill you in one pass.

So basically, your whole argument is "Buy a joystick and spend 5 hours in a jet, then you will pwn" ?

Thanks for adding something constructive.

Leave a comment:

• Combat-Quokka
    Guest replied

Originally posted by JoeMango
    It's a game. Adding a certain distance before shooting adds to the challenge of shooting them down maybe?
    Not a chance. I prefer it up close and personal.

Everything else is boring.

Leave a comment:

• imported_JoeMango
    Guest replied

It's a game. Adding a certain distance before shooting adds to the challenge of shooting them down maybe?

Game's are meant to be challenging. This isn't real life ffs.

Leave a comment:

• Combat-Quokka
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    If we set the rule for AA, why not for ALL vehicles? Because, you know, that would be fair and balanced.
    Completely. But I'm willing to put up with it, even though it hurts my precious stats. The things these guys that fly whine about, it astonishes me. What I WANT... is for AT rockets not to disappear into the front-end of oncoming vehicles!!!!

But back on topic...

yadda yadda yadda AA is good/bad. <insert reason here>

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Redfield
    replied

Originally posted by Combat-Quokka
    The only thing that this thread has proven is that these pilots are terrified at losing their precious jet-stats. The fact is, without mobile AA, any pilot with the slightest skill, no matter how good you are in fixed AA, is dead meat. To both choppers and pilots. The proof is in the scores.

The only thing that needs to change is for jets and choppers TO NOT SEE UNUSED FIXED AA!!!! I mean ffs, all any pilot worth their salt does is to fly between the known AA installations that are not greyed (because that tells them it is either destroyed, or manned). Wanna test it out? All you need to do is throw a grenade at a fixed AA emplacement in Oman, and like clockwork, within 15 seconds, bombs will come raining out of the sky from a jet. Funny how they never mention this in these discussions, isn't it? The fact that the reason they come flying out of the sky in a bee-line to an AA installation, is because THEY ALREADY KNOW YOU'RE THERE.

Basically, this stupid exploit means that every jet pilot knows where every manned AA is simply by looking at their map. Remove this bug, and THEN the jets would have to work for a living.

And no jet wh0re wants to argue about THIS little exploit, now do they? It shows them up for the pathetic little whiners they accuse everyone else of being.

Quokka
    If we set the rule for AA, why not for ALL vehicles? Because, you know, that would be fair and balanced.

Leave a comment:

• Combat-Quokka
    Guest replied

The only thing that this thread has proven is that these pilots are terrified at losing their precious jet-stats. The fact is, without mobile AA, any pilot with the slightest skill, no matter how good you are in fixed AA, is dead meat. To both choppers and pilots. The proof is in the scores.

The only thing that needs to change is for jets and choppers TO NOT SEE UNUSED FIXED AA!!!! I mean ffs, all any pilot worth their salt does is to fly between the known AA installations that are not greyed (because that tells them it is either destroyed, or manned). Wanna test it out? All you need to do is throw a grenade at a fixed AA emplacement in Oman, and like clockwork, within 15 seconds, bombs will come raining out of the sky from a jet. Funny how they never mention this in these discussions, isn't it? The fact that the reason they come flying out of the sky in a bee-line to an AA installation, is because THEY ALREADY KNOW YOU'RE THERE.

Basically, this stupid exploit means that every jet pilot knows where every manned AA is simply by looking at their map. Remove this bug, and THEN the jets would have to work for a living.

And no jet wh0re wants to argue about THIS little exploit, now do they? It shows them up for the pathetic little whiners they accuse everyone else of being.

Quokka

Leave a comment:

• ||3rb||MOBB
    Guest replied

I'm such a noob at flying...

||3RB||mobb

Leave a comment:

• Turnip
    Guest replied

Man you cant even camp airbases with m95 effectively anymore since more than half the shots miss due to crappy coding. I have tried everything but always end out with a shoddy score with any kind of AA I do, even if I can kill them once most the time they learn their lesson unless they are newbs.

Leave a comment:

• Rub-UFS-
    Guest replied

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. From all your posts, it is not simply pointing out pros and cons.... you're whining about imbalances. I will stick to my initial posts, the gameplay DOES change, and you do need to ADAPT. Again, you sit here and post in this forum rather than learning how to play.
    Judging from my stats, I think I have adapted just fine thanks.

STFU and Play!

Leave a comment:

• DrJambo
    replied

Originally posted by Rub-UFS-
    Yeah, you wouldn't want to actually use your brain, right? That would be too much to ask. If you want mindless entertainment, go play Duck Hunt or 'button mashers' on PS2 or XBox. BF2 requires skill and strategy to master. Just pointing and clicking won't always be the best route to take.
    Using my brain, mindless entertainment, just pointing and clicking - I fail to see how any of that has anything to do with my post. Once again more drivel no less.

Originally posted by Rub-UFS-
    With each and every patch that comes out, the gameplay becomes different. To continue to improve and dominate, you must adapt and change with the game. Those who don't, like yourself, will continue to post in these forums stating the game has imbalances and needs to be fixed. Those words, more or less, translate to "I'm being owned too much, please help by changing the game in my favor."
    Gameplay changes are subtle and to the majority of gamers probably go by relatively unnoticed. The essence of BF2 remains the same from patch to patch and the objectives identical. Stop pretending that there's much to adapt to, lol. It's not like acclimatisation to a hostile climate or learning a new language for god's sake. Let's see now, I'd estimate with each patch I've adjusted to the changes within one map or so. From all this adaptation you're going on about I presume it's taken you a whole lot longer...

To say there's never been imbalances suggests you don't really understand either. Maybe you're still adapting, lol! You don't remember the 'sniper' PKM after 1.2 for example? Anyway, there's a vast difference from whining and simply commenting on a game's pros can cons and suggesting ways to 'improve' things. It isn't the first game with imbalances and it certainly won't be the last.

But what I would suggest is that if all you're going to add to the discussion is some generic anti-whiney-cry-baby-adapt-noobs type comments, you're better off elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Skwurl
    Guest replied

Originally posted by troybob
    ooooooooooook.
    Glad you came around.

Leave a comment:

• Rub-UFS-
    Guest replied

Originally posted by DrJambo
    These sort of generic "people must adapt" posts are nonsense and a complete waste of space. After nearly 400 hrs of BF2 playing time over the course of the last year, I think the time for "adaptation" as you call it has long since past.

BF2 is not a new game and many who post here will be of the experienced variety.
    Yeah, you wouldn't want to actually use your brain, right? That would be too much to ask. If you want mindless entertainment, go play Duck Hunt or 'button mashers' on PS2 or XBox. BF2 requires skill and strategy to master. Just pointing and clicking won't always be the best route to take.

With each and every patch that comes out, the gameplay becomes different. To continue to improve and dominate, you must adapt and change with the game. Those who don't, like yourself, will continue to post in these forums stating the game has imbalances and needs to be fixed. Those words, more or less, translate to "I'm being owned too much, please help by changing the game in my favor."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X