Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone tell me why this isn't a one shot kill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Someone tell me why this isn't a one shot kill.

Isnt a dessert eagle .50 caliber?

Comment

Originally posted by MAD_JIHAD
      in reality a .50 cal bullet would blow a limb off with ease... bf2 is a video game which they made fun by balancing out the weapons, there fore .50 cal bullets arent 1 hit kills.
      I saw a guy shot in the chest with a .50. His body was split in half an all that was left of the top was his rig cage and his head

What a sight!

Isnt a dessert eagle .50 caliber?
      .357 Magnum, .41 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .440 Cor-bon, .50 Action Express

Comment

This game hasn't anything to do with reality. Absolutely nothing.
        You could also ask:
        - why is a direct hit from a m1a2 not destroying an helicopter?
        - why is the ammo of the support class endless?
        - why is a 9mm pistol headshot not killing an enemy soldier?
        - why isn't it possible to drive a tank through a wooden fence??
        and so on.....

And the answer will always be the same: it's for the balance.

Comment

A mate of mine plays BF on his 360, and the biggest problem on that, is that the sniper rifle is a one shot kill.

Snipers on the 360 run around like some super assault guy, able to drop anyone in a single shot, when you have to put 3-4 rounds into them, with your assault rifle.

To me, something like that on the PC would be plain stupid, it really would be another no-brainer, and would be spammed to death.

No one shot kills!

Scort.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
            Balance. As revolution has already said we don't want a CS:S style one shot one kill, BF2 would most likely turn into a sniper fest if that were there case.
            unless we make those weapons only manuverble in a prone position witch will handicap the ability of the player using one. that would balance the game.

Comment

I think that it would unbalance the game terribly. I think it's something for mods to do when they can apply class limits and have the unlocks only for a certain side.

Comment

Compare it to the A-10 Warthog's cannon

Comment

DICE saw realism as a game design disadvantage when it does not have to be ever
                  thats why

Comment

For the sake of gameplay it is not a one shot kill. If it was, there would be no point in ever using any of the other rifles (or any other class for that matter).

Comment

Yeah it's unfortunate, but it still is kind of fun when somebody hits you in the chest with a .50 cal from an M95 and you live, or when the .50 cal turrets hit you a couple times and you stil have health left. I think the turrets at least should be really powerful, especially against other jeeps. It's annoying pumping 20 shots into a jeep and watching it start to smoke. . .

Comment

Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing the following changed, to allow for the M95 to one-shot-kill.

The sniper has to use the bi-pod, this means going prone, and setting it up – a possible delay of a second or so.

An increased reload/recovery time, to emphasize the fact you have just fired a big a$$ man-cannon!

Lose the pistol, and replace it with an SMG, maybe an MP5SD, to add stealth.

I would also say that if the ‘user’ fires without the tripod, it only does the current amount of damage, but has a higher loss of accuracy and massive recoil.

To me, this has a nice trade-off, you get the benefit of a 1sk, but have the disadvantage of having a delay of a few seconds before you can fire. Thus keeping the class from being quite as unstoppable, like the 360.

Just my thoughts, apologies if anyone else has already though of this

Scort.

Comment

1 shot would make the game no fun.

And, like someone already posted, if your good, you can HS and get your 1 shot = kill.

Comment

A .50cal round could be made a one-shot-kill without killing the balance - if the other guns were made deadly too. Then you would still keep balance, but gameplay would be slowed right down as people would have to be much more careful and tactical. You'd end up with a game similar to the original Ghost Recon - which would be fine with me, I loved that game, but I suspect would annoy a lot of the "run n gun" style players who want something fast-paced and action-filled rather than something tactical and realistic.

We can't have both. Since the majority of the BF2 population would rather faster gameplay, we have what we've got now, where all weapons (not just a .50cal) are hugely underpowered.

Comment

I disagree juceekiller, I think one shot kill based on my suggestion above, could add another level to the game - not full on realism, but a tad more caution to play.

I still class BF2 as an arcade shooter in all respects, by am warming to the idea of one shot kills with the M95 - but Dice would really need to think it through.

Ah well, we all know it wont happen, maybe one of the mods will add it, kinda like desert combat did... with the 'hidden' Barrett rifles - man those had power (hey Mr Hummer <BOOM!>)

Scort.

Comment

Desert Combat had a proper one shot kill .50 cal rifle. Surprisingly it worked really well with the game play since only 2 or 3 would appear on any map as a pick up kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X