Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Jets in 2142 (carrot is really excited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Jets in 2142 (carrot is really excited)

I may eat my words, but (IMO) I do not see 2142 being a sucess story. I think you will find more people playing BF2 months after 2142 is released.

Playing battlefield with future weapons that don't actually exist kinda bores me.

The aircraft ballance problem which Dice claims exist, seems strange. If they really feel that way, then why through endless patches hasen't Dice patched the AA and AT so they can be more effective?

Comment

I think this is a good thing (the weaker vehicles), because it gives everyone a chance to play fair. Say you play on a 64p-server. Only about 12 vehicles are present, of which only 6 do any real damage. That means that if those 6 are driven by skilled players, the infantry is just cannon fodder. Most of the time, a single squad can not singlehandedly take on a tank, (I've seen 2 to 3 AT units fail to take one out.)
      This takes the fun out of infantry play, thus boycotting about 40 of the 64 players on the server
      Of course, vehicles dominate modern warfare, but warfare isn't made to be fun or fair. It's meant to kill as much enemies as possible. A game is supposed to be fun, and not only for the dude in the tank/plane/helo.

Therefore, I think the focus SHOULD be on infantry.
      The new direction for vehicles seems to be some kind of 'special move' phenomena.
      You've got vehicles, you can use them for transport, but if you decide to do frontal attack with them, don't expect to last long.
      Which is good.

@Scott111: I agree, some issues are just TOO simple to fix, but they haven't done it yet. Look at the damn parachute, I still get about 3/4 suicides a match BC the thing won't open.
      Same goes for AT, I have yet to see a tank that can take 4 frontal AT missiles before exploding in real life. Most of the time 1 from the rear or 2 frontal is more than enough.

And as for the futuristic weapons, I don't mind. I think it can actually take the gameplay to a different level, because in bf2 the weapons have to have realistic functions. In 2142 they can implement certain functions that don't really exist or would even work, but are fun to play with anyway. For example: the snipers without dropoff, implosive grenades, target lock bugs, satellite guided missiles, laser weapons, xray stuff, anything is possible...)

I just think they should get rid of the retarded movement delays/restrictions. It bugs the hell out of me, even more so BC I play CS:source too, and noone is complaining about bunnyhoppers there, even though movement is totally unrestricted.
      So IMHO the whole stance delay, c4 delay, throwing distance decrease, no shooting in the air, no reload while running, etc, just isn't neccesary, and just bothers players by NOT offering intuitive controls.

Comment

lol@Roger Smith

I hope you were joking in your post.

:edit: Oh... personally, I've seen plenty of attack helo pilots fly solo and do extremely well. And double duty for tanks drivers who want to use the machine gun? I never felt it was "double duty" to be able to machine gun guys in front of my turret.

Comment

alas i was not, i think 2142 is going to be great.

Comment

2142 looks like a BF2 mod...

The jets are now heli hybrid so they are still there...

BF2 needs a little better vehicle balance...perhaps if they did like BFV and gave the AT guys the choice of being AT or AA with stingers would solve many problems....

Comment

Originally posted by colony
              Is this really surprising? All the nerfing and whining from the noobs has gotten most of the vehicles nerfed hard. We also just got infantry only mode which totally takes out vehicles from the game. lets look at them in 2142:

-Tanks now require 2 people to be effective (machine gun no longer operable by main driver)
              -Walkers require 2 to be fully operational
              -No jets at all (nothing to be scared of from the sky)
              -VTOL gunships weaker than attack choppers
              -APC no offensive capabilities, just emp

Its getting to point that there is no reason to use vehicles anymore. We are 136 years into the future but yet our technology and vehicles are worse than they are today?
              I agree colony

This does concern me.

2 people to man most vehicles. And Titan mode is only 32 player.
              Spreads people pretty thin.

I don't get all you people and your vehicle hate. The many toys that are in BF2 is what makes the series great. And you just want to nerf them into the ground.

It's all your pride and point mongering that makes you loath anyone getting over you in a vehcle. I used to remember the fear of a flying ace in 1942 as he made a run on me. I'd wince as he made his pass hoping he'd miss and leave me alone or another plane would engage him. I remember taking a flag on foot only to hear a tank rolling in and having to hide for my life.

It was fun! But if YOU get killed by said instances you get your panties in a bunch and get all indignant and scream nerf.

It's not about how 1 man on foot faces off against 1 jet. That shouldn't be even. It's about how one team that plays as a team faces another with = assets. If people valued teamwork over points I don't think you'd mind jets. cuz you have one on yourside as well. But no, you want to run around like a ****ing army of one Rambo and nerf anything that might stop you from doing so.

I wish you'd just go play a game with no vehicles.

Comment

I really must disagree with people saying that infantry is whining.
                If you play clan-based for instance, the squads really listen to the commander, everyone knows what they are supposed to do, and tactics WORK. And that's the major difference with public servers. Half of the server goes lone wolf and become ticketdrains. The other half plays in squads but some of them only to have an extra spawnpoint. Thing is, it is practically impossible to take out a tank properly without the help of your own tank, or at least 3 AT's.
                Try playing Karkand 64. The guys at the top of the score list are usually a medic or tanker. And in this case it doesn't matter if 'the game is about teamplay blahblahblah' ... you don't want to run around with an AT kit, being owned by every single class because they have stronger weapons, just in case a tank comes by and 3 other AT's happen to be near you.

Same goes for planes, the countless times people have bombed me 2 seconds after I spawn, over and over again, leaving me absolutely no chance to even get to an AA site, or take off from the carrier myself.

Of course, planes should not be slow boeing 747's with no armor or weapons at all, they just should not be as dominating as they are now. As DICE itself states it, Planes are good for supporting ground troops ... that doesn't mean racking up 40+ kills without effort.

Comment

Whats gona happen to the J-10 whores now?

Comment

Phenomenomenon, did you read what Colony wrote?

He's saying that the vehicles got nerfed in BF2 because of the whining, and in 2142 they are nerfed more than BF2. And because of the nerfing, you might as well not use vehicles...

At least that's what I gathered, but maybe we are seeing different posts?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodbrood
                      YEAH BABY!!!!!! **** those jet whores. Finally some real gameplay. (xmetaliguitaristgay big headed loser, sorry)
                      how many times has he owned you kid?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                        This does concern me.

I don't get all you people and your vehicle hate. The many toys that are in BF2 is what makes the series great. And you just want to nerf them into the ground.

It's all your pride and point mongering that makes you loath anyone getting over you in a vehcle. I used to remember the fear of a flying ace in 1942 as he made a run on me. I'd wince as he made his pass hoping he'd miss and leave me alone or another plane would engage him. I remember taking a flag on foot only to hear a tank rolling in and having to hide for my life.

It was fun! But if YOU get killed by said instances you get your panties in a bunch and get all indignant and scream nerf.

It's not about how 1 man on foot faces off against 1 jet. That shouldn't be even. It's about how one team that plays as a team faces another with = assets. If people valued teamwork over points I don't think you'd mind jets. cuz you have one on yourside as well. But no, you want to run around like a ****ing army of one Rambo and nerf anything that might stop you from doing so.

Great post.

As for roger, you are the moron.

Vehicles should not continue to be nerfed because the baby whiners dont like getting killed because of their retarded play.

Whats the reasoning for tanks getting nerfed? Why didnt they leave it like before? They are so easy to take out yet they are getting nerfed along with everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by DarQraven
                          Of course, planes should not be slow boeing 747's with no armor or weapons at all, they just should not be as dominating as they are now. As DICE itself states it, Planes are good for supporting ground troops ... that doesn't mean racking up 40+ kills without effort.
                          Whithout effort eh....I dunno about you but I have been playing this game for close to 400 hours and I sure as hell have yet to be able to get 40+ kills with a plane...then again I only have like 14 hours in on them...regardless it is not effortless....

I love how the people that are really good at something are getting punished for doing soooo...

Then the people that get kicked form servers and are all peved because it was only done since they were better then the admin...They then come in here and whine about the vehicles.... No double standard what so ever...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
                            Whithout effort eh....I dunno about you but I have been playing this game for close to 400 hours and I sure as hell have yet to be able to get 40+ kills with a plane...then again I only have like 14 hours in on them...regardless it is not effortless....

I love how the people that are really good at something are getting punished for doing soooo...

Then the people that get kicked form servers and are all peved because it was only done since they were better then the admin...They then come in here and whine about the vehicles.... No double standard what so ever...
                            Its so amazingly effortless that I shoot down every pilot on a consistent basis until they start crying (or if they are an admin, kicking)

If it was so easy, why do many suck so bad?

DICE is trying too hard to cater to all the bad players out there making the game easier.

Comment

Re: SCREW THE MUTHAF-ing JETS!!! WOOOT@!$@!#!@

Originally posted by |]S[|Sonic
                              Too bad it's gonna flop like BF2 did when DICE announce BF1776.
                              I thought EA/DICE were going to release BF 42 A.D. next?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                                This does concern me.

Thank god these forums have at least one person that isn't retarded.

People bitch and moan and say they want the planes balanced... WHAT THE ****? Do you EXPECT to have a fair "balanced" chance against a FUCKING JET? What the hell is wrong with these people?

The way I see it... These are the retarded ass people that get into an AA OVER... and OVER.... and OVER..... and OVER.. only to die by a jet every time, and then come to a forum... or make themselves heard somehow, and they bitch about it! And guess who hears the whining and complaining? Yeah.. EA.

THEN... everyone ****ing complains, when they nerf something, because EA/DICE listens to the loud minority, as opposed to the quiet majority.

And you wonder why there are so many ****ing bugs and glitches... They keep trying to cater to the new players and make it "fun for everyone"... well I have somethin to tell you. If you are new to a game.. you aren't supposed to have a fair chance, and you aren't supposed to be doing good. You are supposed to be going 0-30 and get your ass kicked. Thats the whole point... you get used to it, and get better.

Now there is no "good" or "bad"... there is all this random bullet deviation and random vehicle nerfs cause all the CS players can't handle it, well let me tell you.

This is fucking battlefield, where the vehicles are one of the main aspects of the game. Don't buy the game thinking otherwise. I don't care what you think, but the main appeal of this game was that it is a FPS, and it features vehicles that are "real-life" vehicles, and "real-life" weapons. Not JUST a FPS...

So quit your bitchin everyone.. Get used to it, and OUTSMART the enemy... there is ALWAYS a way to kill the other guy... don't resort to bitching to make it easier to kill the enemy.. cause then you know what? It is now that easy for everyone, to kill everyone... making the game really... really stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X