Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Jets in 2142 (carrot is really excited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Jets in 2142 (carrot is really excited)

Comment

I am tired of getting ****ing kicked and banned from servers for "hacking" in a jet or helicopter.

Regardless of whatever the hell goes on in all your little brains, it is not "effortless" to be effective in the jet.

I can put money on it that EVERY person that says all this.. "ohhh it's so easy to rack up kills in the jet" "yeah it is so effortless to get 40+ kills", they have under 25 hours in the jet, or even under 10, and they just suck in the jet completely, so they have NO idea about the thinking that goes on every second to be effective in the jets.

Bull****. Just because you tried to get into a certain vehicle and sucked in it, doesn't mean you have to try to hide it by saying it's so easy.

Ever notice the people who complain about jets?

It's ALWAYS..... ALWAYS the people on the receiving end of it. Suuuuuuure.... when HE is in the jet, it's all fine, and he can do whatever he wants... then when he crashes into the water taking off, he says his dog unplugged his joystick.

These people are just jealous of the high scores that good jet pilots are getting. I say, stop worrying about other peoples ****ing score and just play the damn game!

Comment

I say we rekindle Operation Flash point and leave BF2 to the amatures that cant take the heat....

There is NO CRYING in war....War is HELL.... phuqin deal with it bitches

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
          I am tired of getting ****ing kicked and banned from servers for "hacking" in a jet or helicopter.

Regardless of whatever the hell goes on in all your little brains, it is not "effortless" to be effective in the jet.

I can put money on it that EVERY person that says all this.. "ohhh it's so easy to rack up kills in the jet" "yeah it is so effortless to get 40+ kills", they have under 25 hours in the jet, or even under 10, and they just suck in the jet completely, so they have NO idea about the thinking that goes on every second to be effective in the jets.

Bull****. Just because you tried to get into a certain vehicle and sucked in it, doesn't mean you have to try to hide it by saying it's so easy.
          Of course its easy.

I just dont play in jets cause I'm a braindead moron that dies in them everytime and they always kill me so I'm scared of them thats why I want them nerfed/excluded. And Also they get bigger scores than me, thats not fair!!

:laugh: friggin babyfield man

Comment

Originally posted by colony
            Of course its easy.

I just dont play in jets cause I'm a braindead moron that dies in them everytime and they always kill me so I'm scared of them thats why I want them nerfed/excluded. And Also they get bigger scores than me, thats not fair!!

:laugh: friggin babyfield man

Exactly 100% dead on.

Exactly.

Comment

These people are just jealous of the high scores that good jet pilots are getting. I say, stop worrying about other peoples ****ing score and just play the damn game!
              Totally.

When you get owned 100 times from a jet, don't blame the pilot for being good, blame your team's pilot for being bad.

It seems Rambos are what EA/Dice is catering to, not the team player.

Comment

Originally posted by DarQraven
                Try playing Karkand 64. The guys at the top of the score list are usually a medic or tanker. And in this case it doesn't matter if 'the game is about teamplay blahblahblah' ...
                Please don't reference the Karkand dynamic when you are trying to discuss game balance.

However Karkand and your above words would be excellent to reinforce my point.

You and most people care more about who's "at the top of the score list" than what it takes to win the game. I think this is somewhat a product of the stat system and an influx of people from other less team oriented FPS'S.

This has led to a lot of vehicle hate.

For example in BF1942 a skilled pilot was called an Ace.
                In BF2 he is called a planewhore.

In 42 a person good in a tank was called a tanker.
                In BF2 he is called a tankwhore.

The term whore is something said by a person who values points over anything and hates *insert whore type* thats getting more points than they are.

Powerful assets should be used and feared and respected in the BF series not turned into balsa bumper cars because peoples ego's can't abide being killed or outscored.

I mean no disrespect to you. I just hope the Karkand Army of One lobbyists don't destroy a series that has given me so much enjoyment.

P.S. I play mostly infantry and get smeared all over the map by all sorts of vehicles.

Comment

Im sure there will be plenty to b itch and whine about in 2142

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                    Phenomenomenon, did you read what Colony wrote?

He's saying that the vehicles got nerfed in BF2 because of the whining, and in 2142 they are nerfed more than BF2. And because of the nerfing, you might as well not use vehicles...

At least that's what I gathered, but maybe we are seeing different posts?
                    yes.

When I say "this is what concerns me" I mean "I too am concerned with these issues."

I agree with colonies points. Sorry it didn't translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                      Please don't reference the Karkand dynamic when you are trying to discuss game balance.

However Karkand and your above words would be excellent to reinforce my point.

You and most people care more about who's "at the top of the score list" than what it takes to win the game. I think this is somewhat a product of the stat system and an influx of people from other less team oriented FPS'S.

This has led to a lot of vehicle hate.

For example in BF1942 a skilled pilot was called an Ace.
                      In BF2 he is called a planewhore.

In 42 a person good in a tank was called a tanker.
                      In BF2 he is called a tankwhore.

The term whore is something said by a person who values points over anything and hates *insert whore type* thats getting more points they are.

Powerful assets should be used and feared and respected in the BF series not turned into balsa bumper cars because peoples ego's can't abide being killed or outscored.

I mean no disrespect to you. I just hope the karkand army of one lobbyists don't destroy a series that has given me so much enjoyment.

P.S. I play mostly infantry and get smeared all over the map by all sorts of vehicles.
                      Your past 2 post have been the best posts I have seen on here that describes the situation.

I also want to say:

If a Jet is going 100-0 on your team, don't blame the pilot, blame your dumb*** team and pilots for not doing anything about it.

If they try and do something about it, and they fail... and the other guy in the jet is just that good... well hey. He DESERVES to kill everyone.. he is just that good. And just because he gets a high score, and kills you and everyone else alot, don't just say he's a hacker.

Comment

I say roll back to 1.2 and move on. No crash to desktop/server crashing just plain fun. I don't fly jets, I'm horrible at it, or helicopters unless its to steal it or keep it from being stolen. Since surface to air missles are crap and most of the time you can't rely on your teams pilot(s), for various reasons, I play mostly city maps that have to no air craft or choppers at most. Don't hate the pilots, I just avoid them.

Comment

Ever notice the people who complain about jets?

It's ALWAYS..... ALWAYS the people on the receiving end of it. Suuuuuuure.... when HE is in the jet, it's all fine, and he can do whatever he wants... then when he crashes into the water taking off, he says his dog unplugged his joystick.

I have less then 10 hours in the jets, but by no means would I say it is effortless to get kills. I am still learning and I do understand that a experience pilot can do well. The longer we play the game, either in a tank/heli/plane/etc, you are going to get better at it. I get my butt kicked in the plane, but then there are times I do well. They have nerfed alot of things in the game, but most of us have adapted to it.

As far as the balance goes, it should be that planes are equal, tanks are equal, etc. There is no way to make a infantry man equal to a tank, Unless you strap some C4 to a buggy and blow the crap out of it. That tends to even things out!!! Rather then complain about some one owning you, do something, change your kit to what would be effective. If there is a sniper off in the distance, don't come back with a shotgun, what good is that going to do.

I used to play CS alot, I started playing it shortly after it came out. The reason I liked BF2 so much, was the fact you could drive and fly things in the game. This is what makes it stand out, so quit complaining that you got owned by a tank, and lay some AT mines or take it out with some C4. Not just that, join a squad and work as a team. I have noticed alot of loan wolves on the pubs latly. I play 64-player pubs, and 2/3's to 3/4 of the people don't join a squad, these folks deserve the dee dee dee award for not learning to work as a team.

I will admit that I have been spawn raped, but you know what, I still managed to finish second on the map. I did all I could to push them back, but when the team doesn't help, its hard to overcome it.

And as everyone knows, the planes should not be nerfed down anymore, the other jets need to be nerfed up to match the J-10. We also need the old Black Hawk cannons back. The cannons on the little bird are very effective, so why can the ones on the black hawk and the flying cow not be as effective. :2cents:

Comment

Originally posted by mondo66
                            I say roll back to 1.2 and move on. No crash to desktop/server crashing just plain fun. I don't fly jets, I'm horrible at it, or helicopters unless its to steal it or keep it from being stolen. Since surface to air missles are crap and most of the time you can't rely on your teams pilot(s), for various reasons, I play mostly city maps that have to no air craft or choppers at most. Don't hate the pilots, I just avoid them.
                            If mentioning rolling back, 1.12 was the BEST version so far..

Why did they have to go and make all those changes in 1.2? That's when they started ****ing the game up...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                              yes.

When I say "this is what concerns me" I mean "I too am concerned with these issues."

I agree with colonies points. Sorry it didn't translate.
                              I read you. My bad.

Maybe once 2142 comes out BF2 can go back to the way it should be.

Comment

@Phenomenomenon (or whatever )
                                That's not my point, I don't even play ranked servers anymore.(wow, just wow... 15 minutes of typing and all you pick up is that one line...congrats) What I mean is that you play a game to have fun, not to help your army to a glorious victory. That is PART of the fun. Sitting around with AT kit, waiting for that one tank to come by and pwn you is NOT fun. What kind of a tank takes 4 frontal hits? (and yes, i know they have weak spots, but when he is coming in your direction, it really does prove quite hard to run around the damn thing.)
                                C4 is an option, AT mines are an option, but in general, AT dudes are useless unless they get good backup from other AT's and the rest of their squad.
                                And that is exactly where this game fails. Complete devotion to the mission at hand from 32 random players from all over the world is wishful thinking. It just doesn't happen. The people who play clanwars usually don't complain about it, BC they use good tactics, and people stick to them, and they know what is coming for them. Pub players play for fun, not for team honor or whatever.
                                Plus, with all the @sshat commanders using artillery to get themselves out of nasty situations and score double points, I can understand that some people have given up listening to them.

Before you start accusing random people of being whiners/noobs/mommyboys/rambo's and whatever fancy terms the one-three-three-seven community have invented now, figure out what they are trying to say here.

(And btw, get used to whining, you really don't wanna read all the CS 1.6 vs. Source discussions, although what everyone is saying IS their rightful opinion, whether they are wrong or right)

Comment

Working...
                                X