Should I get the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get the game?

Hi, I'm building a whole new computer for gaming soon. I got one game for my list right now which is F.E.A.R. I might consider playing Battlefield 2 because I've been hearing about it and I like FPS games.

I got a few questions along with this thread:
    Does the game support an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ CPU?
    Does the game cost money monthly like World of Warcraft?
    Does the game cause my AOL browser to take ages to start up like CS: S?

Some of my questions might be ridiculous, but I don't want the experience of this game (if I get it) to suck.

Please let me know, thanks!

Re: Should I get the game?

Originally posted by Knipfy
    Hi, I'm building a whole new computer for gaming soon. I got one game for my list right now which is F.E.A.R. I might consider playing Battlefield 2 because I've been hearing about it and I like FPS games.

Some of my questions might be ridiculous, but I don't want the experience of this game (if I get it) to suck.

You should absolutely at least download the demo and try it out on your new system

Yes it supports that CPU, however I don't know how it makes use of the dual core since I'm not sure there are optimal drivers out for X2.

No it doesn't cost anything monthly.

Towards your 3rd question, if CS causes your AOL browser to lag under your new system, then it's software wise.. but I'd seriously suggest you dump AOL and just use Firefox, or if you have the AOL ISP, dump that ASAP. You need a fast enough internet connection to play BF2 online, which is it's general purpose. 1.5+ Mbit will probably be enough.

Another thing: This game isn't just FPS, but has multiple vehicles to choose from, unlike CS.

Yet another thing: Make sure you have at least 1 GB of RAM, and if the CPU is on the Socket AM2, you'll have DDR2 which will be better. Also make sure you have an up to date video card, like the Radeon X1600 or something. Also.. the next sequel to the BF games is coming out in October, so if you want you can stay tuned for that instead.. but you decide from the demo, yet the full version with the latest patch DOES crash frequently.. but v1.4 is coming out.

Comment

yes download the demo first, but remember...the actual game runs a lot slower on my rig so if u have a killer system...buy the game...graphics are pretty great and its a fun game. i remember when i first played the demo...coudltn stop exceot i had finals so yeah, but after that...i was waking up at 5am (Which is considerably early) and just playing bf2.

Comment

[...]
        Why shouldn't any new game not support this processor?

No

Does the game cause my AOL browser to take ages to start up like CS: S?[...]
        Get Firefox.

Comment

download the demo. if you like it - then shell the cash for the real game. simple as that

happy fragging!

Comment

Highly recommended but once you get it, you're in for the long haul. Be warned.

Comment

The BF2 demo had better gameplay with less bugs. The latest version does have more features, though. (like UAV models, yay, like they ever get shot down anyways)
              So don't expect the same gameplay when you buy the full version.

Comment

i say GET THE GAME. Yes there is a lot of bugs and it crashes a lot to the desktop but the game is the best game i have.
                Originally posted by boomstick68
                you're in for the long haul. Be warned.
                yeah but once you get the hang of it and you know where to go you'll get really good.(but that will take a few months or a month)

Comment

Buy it!!!! Despite what all of these people say about bugs I play around them and I don't care. Buy Vietnam and 1942 too.

Comment

Don't get it and save yourself a headache.

Comment

Hehe yeah DICE makes pretty good games in my honest opinion.. I've been with them since BF1942 beta and anyone can complain forever, but I simply LOVED BF1942, so I got BF2 and despite all the problems experienced, it's still a great game.

Comment

no, because u will be screwed over by EA and DICE

Comment

Originally posted by Sudel Tek
                          Hehe yeah DICE makes pretty good games in my honest opinion.. I've been with them since BF1942 beta and anyone can complain forever, but I simply LOVED BF1942, so I got BF2 and despite all the problems experienced, it's still a great game.
                          This guy has got the right idea.

Comment

Just for the custom map and mods it is worth it....Plus the actual game is very kickass

asother have said BF42 and BFV are good too...bit dated graphics but whatevea....BFV is very fun

Comment

Dude prepare yourself for a whole lot of tweaking, research, and Q&A sessions. Because BF2 is by far the cake-winner for high-maintenence games. But it's worth it because it is a badass game and very satisfying when you do achieve that sufficient gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                              X