No announcement yet.

Bring back 1.12 Air-to-air missiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bring back 1.12 Air-to-air missiles?

I think the Air to Air missiles should be back at 1.12 because you needed to actually line your jet up properly behind another jet to get a hit with it. It forced you to use your guns if you couldn't get a good angle or the pilot was more aware than the usual run of the mill and would not let you have a solid line on him.

I do think the Ground to Air missiles needed to be beefed up from the beginning and they are more useful than they were in the beginning. So they should remain with a good locking system in order to actually be useful and give the pilots something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
      As fun as it was back then, its kinda stupid.

I want 1.2 missiles back, when every jet was vulnerable to missiles 99%

The bad part was the missile max angle of attack which did retarded turns
      Well the max lock angle isnt that much different now. Still ridiculous. I locked on to metallica when he was coming AT me and perpendicular to my screen, fired 1 missles and some MG and he was dead.

But I agree with Stizzle, it shoudl be REALLY hard to get a lock, or you should have to be able to use MGs combined with good following technique.

Comment

I prefer good ol piston engine fighters like the spitfire and bf109 of those were fun days.

Comment

fix the aa, dont de-evolve it.

Comment

Working...
          X