Bring back 1.12 Air-to-air missiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back 1.12 Air-to-air missiles?

Simple question: Bring back 1.12 Air-to-air missiles?

Pros:
    Need skill to shoot another plane down (no n00bs owning good pilots)
    F-35/J-10 will automagicly be fixed
    Longer dog-fights = less time bombing
    Pilots can have fun in the air again
    Combined with good AA (so that they can take down planes without much trouble) ground units will have it easier.
    Doesn't really mater what plane your in

Cons:
    Oh noes! I need skill to kill another player!!11!11!!oneoneone1!
    Pilots may do less dogfighting due to it beeing harder (more points perhaps?)

Re: Bring back 1.12 Air-to-air missiles?

So basically it will be like every plane is a J10? That would lead to some seriously boring dogfighting which will probably be endless seeing as going in circles/loops would usually ruin the missiles and they will be forced to use guns which takes some time to take down a plane. Seeing as there isn't a G effect, going in continous circles/loops would be and is easily possible. Not even a real evasive move.

This will mean that pilots will soon stop going after each other due to the sheer boringness and tediousness, and the loser here? The ground troops. Winners? Pilots, as they can only be realistically taken out by ground AA which is easy to take out/avoid anyway. Other planes in the sky need to be a threat. Otherwise you'll get planes simply not going after each other as it would be largely pointless.

A more simple issue would be to make all fighters have hit boxes like the MiG, which is somewhere inbetween an F35 and a J10. You can then give planes their individual handling characteristics, to make things somewhat original. Going back to old styles will be a loss for ground troops, result in Planes being somewhat lame again meaning more idiots waiting for them and not dying. It takes more skill to survive nowadays in a plane than before, i don't know what the hell you are talking about more skill in dogfights, flying a fighter jet isn't all about dogfights. This isn't WW2. It will be fun in FH2 when it's released but for now i think all that needs to be fixed is the J10/F35b issue.

It simply makes me laugh that you think dogfights require no skill anymore, i'm guessing you are too poor of a pilot to actually avoid being seen and just fly around like a moron, bombing targets for easy points then crying when you get shot down by another plane even though you "did a hard turn and missiles shouldnt be able to do that"

It's a missile, for christ sakes.

This is coming from someone who's most used vehicle is a plane, so i'm not some random Tank person talking about planes, i know my ****.

Comment

Hell yes. Although I was playing some 1.4 AA in a Hamachi server with MetallicaGuitrst yesterday and the A2A is COMPLETELY fixed. We had a REALLY good time trying to get lock on to eachother. So now it is just trying to get lock and really concentrates on evasive manuevers rather than having lock and not being able to do anything about it. 1.12 was good A2A combats, but Im gonna go ahead and adjust to this new one. They are both fun, in their own styles, but I think Ill just adjust to 1.4. Plus, do you REMEMBER the dogifghts? The other plane just did circles for half an hour. My friend has a FRAPs video of him in 1.12, flying in an F18 in F12 view, and just going in circles over and over and over. No one could shoot him down. He didnt get many kills and the other pilots were pretty bad anyways but he could avoid every single missle. Besides, it is hard even getting a lock on a good pilot with the F35. But they arent gonna change it back. No way in hell.

Comment

we dont want little jimmy in any plane to spam his 6 missiles and get a **** easy kill, when he aint even capable of following one of the slowest planes for even one loop.

why does the f35 suck? because A2A are a little too good still.

and a circling pilot isnt hard to take down, just lead him with the cannons

Comment

There is still skill in attaining lock and evading lock. So there is still skill in dogfights. But I agree, cannon dogfights are MUCH more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
            There is still skill in attaining lock and evading lock. So there is still skill in dogfights. But I agree, cannon dogfights are MUCH more fun.
            theres no skill in attaining lock in any jet, when i get fed up of being nubbed in the bombers by the f18, i hop in the mig and go after planes only i then get 40 or 50 kills with no deaths, because missiles are so easy.
            but it would be good if i could go in the bomber and have someone fly around so i can tv missile some tanks and stuff without dieing after 1 minute. instead i have to fly and divebomb only with the odd one or two tanks getting tv'ed by the copilot, we cant spend anywhere near enough time close to the ground. thats something that people seem to forget when they say things like give us better missiles so we can kill planes easier. nubs is all i can say, getting kills should require some skill, not 1second lock then spam and get a kill.

Comment

Well good point. But against a skilled pilot, it is hard to get lock. I flew against Metallica yesterday to test out 1.4 AA, and I had to almost break my joystick to find him and get a proper lock.

Again, I would rather have cannon dogfights.

Comment

Well good point. But against a skilled pilot, it is hard to get lock. I flew against Metallica yesterday to test out 1.4 AA, and I had to almost break my joystick to find him and get a proper lock.

Again, I would rather have cannon dogfights.
                and so it should be hard to take out a good pilot, although using the cheap tactic like mettalica does by flying into space is quite lame. u just have to remember the enemy plane is going to go after tanks and choppers and things, so they wont be in space all of the time, else they will have very few kills. if they need to repair, circle the carrier and wait for them to show up, just use your brain

Comment

Going into space? Thats not cheap. I find it difficult to follow him up there at all.

You know that scene in the menu at the connecting to account screen? Where the J10 is chasing the F18 for a really long time then finally gets a good shot and shoots it down. THATs how a dogfight should be. With ****ty missles that need actual timing and technique combined with good cannon work plus a clean lock = a kill. That would be perfect.

Comment

Its fine as it is there maybe no skill in shooting someone down but there is skill in getting away.

Comment

Going into space? Thats not cheap. I find it difficult to follow him up there at all.

You know that scene in the menu at the connecting to account screen? Where the J10 is chasing the F18 for a really long time then finally gets a good shot and shoots it down. THATs how a dogfight should be. With ****ty missles that need actual timing and technique combined with good cannon work plus a clean lock = a kill. That would be perfect.
                      its as cheap as they come and the lowest of the low in getting away from other planes. flying up there to get your enemy into space is a good move if your touching on the limit but not going into it tho.

Comment

As fun as it was back then, its kinda stupid.

I want 1.2 missiles back, when every jet was vulnerable to missiles 99%

The bad part was the missile max angle of attack which did retarded turns

Comment

Meh planes are overpowered..
                          Fighters should fight jets bombers should bomb each to there own kinda thing

Comment

When they nerf the jets . Now some jets own every one like the j10. Now they make Infantry only to fix the vehicles that own everyone. If DICE CANADA make those patchs for bug fixing instead of nerfing. Everything would be alright.
                            Whats next?

First nerf vehicles. Now they eliminate vehicles. WHATS NEXT? Eliminate the rifles and use knife and pistol???

GREAT WAY TO RUIN A GOOD GAME. THANKS DICE !! NEXT TIME MAYBE DONT BOTHER TO MAKE ANY PATCH. BETTER PLAY WITH BUGS THAN WITH NERFING.

Comment

Something along the lines of it's hard to get the lock, but once the lock is there you are screwed. So your HUD has to be really spot on to get those kills, this will mean that the pilots that are good at tracking an evasive opponent will get the skill. Whereas a n00b that cant follow the simplest of evasive moves wouldn't be able to get the lock, thus no kill.

Example:

SomeGuy01 is flying around and hears the warning lock tone
                              n00b2142 hasn't got the solid "Fire ze Missile" lock yet
                              SomeGuy01 starts pulling off an evasive move whilst still in warning lock tone (yes fast reactions would be needed, just like real jet pilots)
                              n00b2142 cannot track closely to SomeGuy01 and loses any sort of lock whatsoever, SomeGuy01 lives.

IF SomeGuy01 decided not to pull of any move, and/or n00b2142 followed SomeGuy01's pathetic evasive moves very easily, n00b2142 would eventually get the kill.

SomeGuy01 cries about A2A on Tbf2's forums, even though its hard to get lock, but once lock is attained those missiles will kill you. People on Tbf2 say you suck at evasive moves and could've survived as it is actually hard to get lock.

Or

n00b2142 loses lock and cries about how crap A2A is, Tbf2 members tell him that if he was good enough to follow SomeGuy's moves and get that lock, he would be ensured a hit.

That is my vision of what dogfighting should be like.

Plus all that cannon crap...

BUT, we all know that in 1.12 even if a lock was attained the missiles would miss. That was lame. They should make lock MUCH harder to get but missiles better at tracking once lock is attained.

AND we all know how quite easy it is to get lock right now, you just have to be sortof in the general direction of the plane...=/

Get me?

Comment

Working...
                              X