Re: F-35 - Not VTO?

Originally posted by exho
        From that article
        erm - it still doesn't say vtol

Originally posted by Pegasus1337
        see f-35 cant vto but the f-35b can the b is kinda important
        no it can't

Originally posted by jnick
        Whoops. Thought you mean prototype, not production model. In any event, your still a sarcastic son of a *****.
        i know I don't know why my gf stays with me - because i'm a smartass in RL too.

Originally posted by Ali G
        OMG, there are so many serious issues out there concerning bf2 and ur ticked off cuz DICE did not use the correct version? WHO THE HELL CARES?
        um - i never asked DICE to fix it - I just thought it was interesting to note.

and obvious some people care - because this thread is around 5 page long

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
          FYI: VTO = vertical take-off.

So I'm sittin at home waiting for the dern server guys to finish their work so I can wrap up my network duties and I'm watchin the history channel.

They're doin a piece of how crappy the harrier is and they briefly talk about the F-35 JSF. They said "Although it does not have the capability of vertical take-off, it does have an impressive short take-off capability".

Pretty interesting eh? The F-35 can't take off verically IRL.
          the Marine version of the JSF can vertically take off, but the USAF and the USN version cant.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

watch the 1:08 Min point

Comment

Originally posted by FirstToFight
            the Marine version of the JSF can vertically take off, but the USAF and the USN version cant.

watch the 1:08 Min point
            please read page 2 of the thread

In addition - the tail fin on the jet even says "STOVL"

it cannot transition from vertical lift-off to level flight - so it can lift off - but not take off

The F-35 (including the marine varient) is STOVL, not VTOL.

Comment

Working...
            X