• Re: 1.4 Feedback and Error Reporting

Originally posted by Teuvo_K
    100% disagree.
    Care to elaborate why?

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
      Care to elaborate why?
      Cos they're just same infantry as any other class. Good sniper do not sit 24/7 in one spot. They have to adapt to current situation. Combat sniper moves near his squad and spots enemys and eliminates them from hardpoints like windows etc. It seems you guys just want easy frags.

Comment

finish Bftv

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvo_K
          Cos they're just same infantry as any other class. Good sniper do not sit 24/7 in one spot. They have to adapt to current situation. Combat sniper moves near his squad and spots enemys and eliminates them from hardpoints like windows etc. It seems you guys just want easy frags.
          Snipers are nothing like ordinary infantry. Perhaps in urban enviornments like Karkand...and Iraq...your definition is applicable. However, I find that in maps like Zatar, Dragon Valley, Dalian, ect... snipers are most effective by digging themselves in and taking kills from a concealed area.

Besides, that's the way most people play the class anyways. Having found the sweetest hiding spot and then being spotted by a quick scan and getting artillery dropped on your head is insane.

If they made artillery only available by request (which would strenghten the use of it) I think it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Comment

look

firefights don't get broken up by artillery, that is unrealistic and stupid

uavs don't show team colors. uavs don't not show non-military targets like cows, taxis, etc. the commander's radar hack is unicorn-level unrealistic.

the commander should only give mission objective and do supply drops.

p.s. jets fighting close quarters is also completely unrealistic. you can't defend anything about jets with a "realistic" arguement. also there should be tons of false positives for their lame heat signature hud element. why Dice refuses to allow rock paper scissors and allow AA to kill Jets is wierd. Jets > Tanks > AA > Jets > Tanks > AA > Jets ... rock paper scissors gentlemen.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bizna
              look

firefights don't get broken up by artillery, that is unrealistic and stupid

uavs don't show team colors. uavs don't not show non-military targets like cows, taxis, etc. the commander's radar hack is unicorn-level unrealistic.

the commander should only give mission objective and do supply drops.

p.s. jets fighting close quarters is also completely unrealistic. you can't defend anything about jets with a "realistic" arguement. also there should be tons of false positives for their lame heat signature hud element. why Dice refuses to allow rock paper scissors and allow AA to kill Jets is wierd. Jets > Tanks > AA > Jets > Tanks > AA > Jets ... rock paper scissors gentlemen.....

Actually the one who can stay clear and kill everyone else wins. That is usually the small unnoticed stinger post off to one side.

Comment

Fun little bug I found on Road to Jalalabad...
                Stay on the roof of this particular building and if arty hits, you fall right through. Happened a couple times.
                Evidence attached.

Comment

AMD 64 3200 (939)
                  7800 eVGA GT
                  1 GB Corsair XMS Pro
                  1.4 Beta 2 Inc.

Events-

1. During a run as commander I was not able to zoom in on the map by scrolling the wheel on the mouse as usual. I was not able to get it working for about two minutes. Not until I had right clicked -zoom in- did it regain its scroll mouse function.

I did not manage to reproduce this afterwards and have not had it happen since.

Windows XP (current)
                  141 latency
                  FPS-(guesstimate)10-30

BTW nice map and TYVM.

Comment

Also Road to Jalalabad seems grossy imbalanced towards the USA. I play on the Euro test server that runs Jalalabad 24/7(64 players). The USA has had atleast a twenty game win streak and usually wins about 90/100 games+. Im not sure wether it is because of player skill or map balancing issues but maybe its worth taking a look at.

Comment

Hi

I've been playing 1.4 for a week now.
                      I have found no major problems with this and even the crash to desktop for me has been resolved.
                      The only thing I would mention is as commander on Infantry only maps it gives you the option to drop vehichles. This should be disabled as it doesn't work.

Comment

OK TIME TO VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of god get a new patch to fix the damn CTD, Yesterday I crashed 4 times. I goto join the game, It crashes, So then I goto join a new game I hit update servers and it crashes, Finally in a game LAGGING like no tomorrow which I never got in previous patches then shortly after I crash. So I talk to some friends and 8-10 people that I talk to crash atleast 2 times a day.

If you cant finish a game, If you cant patch a game, If we cant play the damn game why the hell did you release the damn game. I personally am looking at the next couple of patches as a benchmark to what 2142 is going to be like. From articles I have read that game is crashing already, Yes I know its a beta that people are testing but hell they couldnt get this piece of crap working and it is suppose to be a finished game.

The only game I have played from EA on my computers have been BF series, I dont know what their other games are like, Are the actually finished or ar they like this series.

Anyways FIX THE DAMN GAME PLEASE I PAY MY MONEY TO PLAY A DAMN GAME ATLEAST BE DECENT ENOUGHT TO FIX THE PROBLEMS WE ASK.

Comment

I checked in today to see if EA had fixed the freakin patch yet.

I didn't want to install 1.4 after all the bad news about it.

I can't believe they haven't fixed this damn yet.

EA you truly do suk

Comment

It's sad that the patch that has made the game crash almost every few rounds is the one that has been out twice as long as previous patches and NO hotfix.

EA really does suk.

Comment

Been playing 5-6 hours per week with the 1.4 beta1 & beta2 and have had no CTD's nor server crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                                It's part of the game. WHy would anyone want this changed. I mean, in Counter Strike if you get shot with the AWP you pretty much die, you dont see them changing it. At this rate the game will stop being fun & competitive all together.:cry:
                                :laugh: ...you dont see them change anything...

Comment

Working...
                                X