Originally posted by HF_Martini6
    CPU AMD 64 3200+ 754
    GPU NVidia FX5900 XT-i 256MB
    RAM 1024MB DDR400 CL2, Corsair
    Soundcard SB Audigy 2 ZS
    Patch Type 1.4b Full
    Event Red/Blue Tag bug
    Source BF2
    Reproduced Successfully? 2 Times happand on the Same Server (EA EU #2)
    Evidence none, wasnt possible to get any screenies cause of GFX errors
    Has anyone else had a confirmed case of the nametag bug?

Comment

• Re: 1.4 Feedback and Error Reporting

I see missing tags of both friendlies and enemies in Singleplayer.

Comment

Dice should take a look at this.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84183

Frames drop in multiplayer with people in it. When the server is empty they are fine. At first I chek my pc believing it was some driver or other problem. But nothing work. By looking at that poll I know is not only my pc. EA should fix this because if you install the first patches 1.01 1.02 etc in a full server the fps don't drop has bad has with 1.3 or 1.4b.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
          Has anyone else had a confirmed case of the nametag bug?
          I still get this in 1.3

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
            I still get this in 1.3
            We wanna know if it's happening in v1.4 though.

Comment

i havent got the red tag bug since like 1.12.... i REALY wanna know what about the "your connection has been lost " messages like every time some of us play bf2. happens to me every day. the first game is usualy fine, but after that... it just keeps happing :ar15::thatsbad::wall::censored::box:

Comment

EA and DICE need to wake up and give full support to single player and co-op. There is a huge majority of people that don't want to play on-line because of limited Internet access or cannot stand the cheats and tards in MP.

I for one will not buy another game made by DICE and released by EA until they provide FULLAI support in 16, 32, and 64 single player and co-op maps. Unlocks should also be allowed offline.

This half-*** attempt at only providing 16 player maps and no unlocks in single player and co-op is pathetic.

Perfect example is the little bird. DICE made sure the little bird could not be placed in a 16 player AF map unless you modified it's tweak file. They intentionally left out the AI template for the passengers. Luckily we have some smart people who figured out how to do it.

EA and DICE have no freakin' clue how much MORE money they could make if they would only wake up and realize these horrible business decisions.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say 1.4. I see bots with no tags, both friend and foe, in Singleplayer.

Originally posted by Talus
                  We wanna know if it's happening in v1.4 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited
                    EA and DICE need to wake up and give full support to single player and co-op. There is a huge majority of people that don't want to play on-line because of limited Internet access or cannot stand the cheats and tards in MP.

I for one will not buy another game made by DICE and released by EA until they provide FULLAI support in 16, 32, and 64 single player and co-op maps. Unlocks should also be allowed offline.

This half-*** attempt at only providing 16 player maps and no unlocks in single player and co-op is pathetic.

Perfect example is the little bird. DICE made sure the little bird could not be placed in a 16 player AF map unless you modified it's tweak file. They intentionally left out the AI template for the passengers. Luckily we have some smart people who figured out how to do it.

EA and DICE have no freakin' clue how much MORE money they could make if they would only wake up and realize these horrible business decisions.
                    The only ones that would benefit from this are the ones that don't pay for the game and have a pirated copy. :laugh:
                    How do you download AF booster pack or a full patch of 300MB, 400MB or 500 MB if you don't have broadband? :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited
                      EA and DICE need to wake up and give full support to single player and co-op. There is a huge majority of people that don't want to play on-line because of limited Internet access or cannot stand the cheats and tards in MP....
                      Who the hell buys a multiplayer game to purely play singleplayer? You wouldnt buy a single player game with no/little multiplay options then complain that you couldnt play online would you...get real, if you dont want to play a multiplayer game, dont buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
                        Who the hell buys a multiplayer game to purely play singleplayer? You wouldnt buy a single player game with no/little multiplay options then complain that you couldnt play online would you...get real, if you dont want to play a multiplayer game, dont buy one.
                        but he does have a point about unlocks in sp and bigger maps,thats just a bit cheap on EA part.

but it doesnt bother me as i have 16/32/64 size maps for coop and have the option of unlocks.

i think the point here is if modders can do why cant EA/dice

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                          but he does have a point about unlocks in sp and bigger maps,thats just a bit cheap on EA part.

but it doesnt bother me as i have 16/32/64 size maps for coop and have the option of unlocks.

i think the point here is if modders can do why cant EA/dice
                          Thats the point, you have it. It takes 10 minutes and a search of these forums or google to be able to do it.

I know id rather them spend their time fixing bugs in multiplayer (that everyone plays) than adding bots to single player maps which 1 in say 10,000 people actually play. Its a multiplayer game, therefore they concentrate on the part of the game thats actually supposed to be played (multiplayer)

Comment

I disagree with a few of the last posts. BF2 is a MP and SP/Co-op game, period. The SP and Co-op community is much larger than you realize. As for the larger maps and unlocks, yes you can find some mods that allow unlocks and larger maps. But if you play using these mods you will see they are not 100% like MP (e.g. unlocks in SP do not work the same as in MP. Not all the maps have been fully navmeshed.)

However, the bigger issue is the fact that EA and DICE still have not released all of the available tools to the mod community. Specifically I am talking about access to the .dll files and other hardcoded items (commander assets, menus, etc.). So if EA and DICE don't want to provide the larger maps, unlocks, and other things to improve the SP/Co-op/Mod experience themselves, they then should at the very minimum give all the available tools to the mod community.

FFOLKES

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
                              A very large amount you'd be suprised to hear.
                              Did you know that the all conquering multiplayer game UT2003 had more singleplayer only players than online accounts?

Comment

The main reason a lot of us have moved to SP and Co-Op is:

1. The complete lack of kiddie smacktards using macros and other cheats.

2. No teamkilling whores.

3. Teamwork (the *bots* are better at it than humans)

4. Bigger and better maps. Some of the 64-bot maps in Allied Intent are *huuuuuge*. And beautiful.

5. Better weapons/vehicles (better accuracy, firepower, interfaces, unlocks, and variety)

6. No stat padders.

7. Extremely deadly aim by bots.

8. The *pause* key.

9. No lag.

10. 256 players - or more.

11. More aircraft and more accurate jet pilots.

12. We can tailor the game to make it the way we want it to be.

13. Knife throwing.

14. Intelligent, mature people.

15. The intensity of the action.

16. etc....

Comment

Working...
                                X