Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your Global Score need to be to be invited into 2142 BETA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your Global Score need to be to be invited into 2142 BETA?

Do you think 100k is enough? Or at least 50k?

Re: What does your Global Score need to be to be invited into 2142 BETA?

I don't even think you need to own bf2...

Comment

my guess, is that they will look at the people who participated in the beta for the 1.4 of BF2 and draw the people for the beta for BF2142 from those who fully particpate in the beta process for 1.4 and have proved they want to help refine the game, and not just get it two weeks early.

Rev

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
        I don't even think you need to own bf2...
        According to the Colin Clarke video he mentions that they will offer the 2142 beta to current BF2 game owners. The reason he gives is because Dice wants people that have played BF2 (experience) to provide feedback rather that someone that is coming into the game without any previous knowledge. It must have something to do with the game engine/physics/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
          According to the Colin Clarke video he mentions that they will offer the 2142 beta to current BF2 game owners. The reason he gives is because Dice wants people that have played BF2 (experience) to provide feedback rather that someone that is coming into the game without any previous knowledge. It must have something to do with the game engine/physics/etc.
          That actually makes a lot of sense, considering that both games use the same engine.

Comment

I too am curious as to what procedure will be used. It might just be a random selection of every 100th player or something nifty like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
              I too am curious as to what procedure will be used. It might just be a random selection of every 100th player or something nifty like that?
              Who knows, mabye we will luck out and a demo-style beta (2 maps or so) will be realeased to all BF2 owners. Other developers have done tihs in the past (Like how the cs:s beta was realeased to all Condition Zero owners)

Comment

maybe over the EA downloader.

Comment

how do you get picked for the 1.4 beta?

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                    maybe over the EA downloader.
                    It will probibly be at fileshack.com and or fileplanet.com Im not getting 2142 its probibly not worth the money.

Comment

Well, if they do it by every 100, they must make sure that those people are still active BF2 players.

Comment

I hope they choose it by when you registered your bf2 account, seeing that mine has been a little over a year now Id think Id get chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Phillips
                          I hope they choose it by when you registered your bf2 account, seeing that mine has been a little over a year now Id think Id get chosen.
                          uh, lets see, my Eddy01741 account i started the day after or the day that BF2 came out, if so, i'll be picked easily.

Comment

you guys are kidding right?
                            i bet it's the criteria you line out here that dice REALLY does use, that's why the game is so mediocre.
                            global points?
                            time account registered?

what about common sense and ability to know balance and fair play. good ideas and ingenuity. clearly, that's not dice's criteria.

Comment

I think only commissioned officers in the game should be allowed to beta test the new game OR the beta patch.

Comment

Working...
                              X