Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the community ruining BF2?

Originally posted by everec
    I remember before the game first came out the one's who spoke out against the ranked servers and the rank system were bashed and flamed by the majority in these forums. Those guys are long gone and he we are. IMO you reap what you sew....
    you know were they are....there on a 24/7 El Alamein server, in fact, Im about to go there aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
      Good point........

I'll add to that an observation.

I've also noticed a majority of the complaints, cone, claymore, macro breakdancing, flopping, what ever it is, come from people who appear to play city maps a lot.

The examples they site, solutions they suggest , nerfing or ubering, this or that, all seem to hinge on something going on in a city map.

Rarely do you ever hear, I hate the bunny hopping in Dragon Valley. Or this weapon should do this because the spawns at Fushee Pass are too hard to capture or defend.

It's as if a vocal minority within a minority is attempting to shape the game. Even then they don't agree with each other a lot.
      didnt i say something like that earlier? most of the whines come from karkand players. maybe it was in another thread if it wasnt in this one. but that is 100% true, the majority of whines come from karkand/citymap servers.

Comment

To some extent all the complaining has taken a lot of the fun out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
          To some extent all the complaining has taken a lot of the fun out of it.
          Thats basically my point. People would rather nerf the entire game than try to learn the game. When I first started I would get pwned by planes and choppers. I was a die hard CS guys for years so infantry fit what i was used to, but these damn planes and choppers were just kicking a$$, so instead of complaining I started to fly more. I'd probably be descibed as a chopper whore if you check my stats, but that is what I like to do. I'm not trying to rack up points I just want to fly around and blow stuff up. The majority of my chopper time has been with gunners that don't know how to fire a tv missile. It's still fun though

Comment

i think its lack of new ranked maps that is ruining it

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
              didnt i say something like that earlier? most of the whines come from karkand players. maybe it was in another thread if it wasnt in this one. but that is 100% true, the majority of whines come from karkand/citymap servers.
              People have been saying that most of the whining ome from Karkand players for a long while now.
              Alot of the Core BF fans (People who've been playing BF for YEARS) believed that it was the influx of CS type players who were attracted to Karkand that were doing most of the complaining. Especially about vehicles in Karkand. Like they wanted to turn BF2 into 'their' version of CS.

Comment

No. Its DICEs fault, that they listened to the complainers in the first place. I like complaining on the forums. It gives a topic to discuss and talk about, and its another kind of entertainment.

DICE listened to ALL complains in one way or another and that farked it up. They should have just focused on issues that break gameplay, like bugs and obvious gameplay issues that werent meant to be used the way there are/were used.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
                  People have been saying that most of the whining ome from Karkand players for a long while now.
                  Alot of the Core BF fans (People who've been playing BF for YEARS) believed that it was the influx of CS type players who were attracted to Karkand that were doing most of the complaining. Especially about vehicles in Karkand. Like they wanted to turn BF2 into 'their' version of CS.
                  i came from cs tho :laugh:

but i suppose some could of come from cs, most likely the ones that hated being headshot by a good player or being awped, they always used to whine about it

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    No. Its DICEs fault, that they listened to the complainers in the first place. I like complaining on the forums. It gives a topic to discuss and talk about, and its another kind of entertainment.

DICE listened to ALL complains in one way or another and that farked it up. They should have just focused on issues that break gameplay, like bugs and obvious gameplay issues that werent meant to be used the way there are/were used.
                    EXACTLY! Thank you for saying this. Dice listened to everyone, which might have been good, but a lot of complaints out there were from noobs who wanted to make the game easier so they could get points. So this ended up in a lot of unnessesary nerfs, like BH minuguns, gun accuracy, and the reomval of squad hopping. A ton of these nerfs just abolished teamplay and tactics, and now when I log on to a server I see a ton of noobs with no squad, running willy-nilly to their deaths at the hands of a veteran sniper.

Comment

Yes i was a whiner on some aspects and in fact until the last patch I saw no real improvements just dumb nerfing, the nerf on squad hopping is cool in my humble opinion is a good one, the rest i think was better when the game came out. For example indestructible mines...man how unreal...black hawk guns that shoot marshmellows...eekkk..ok ill stop now ....

Comment

I think the squadhopping is a bad nerf but let's not open a discussion about that nerf and the other nerfs..

Black Hawk Guns indeed. Give me a break it's supposed to kill even if it's a arcade game I always see empty blackhawks on the carriers crying and crying why EA nerfed Mr.Blackhawk's Miniguns.. They killed his 2 Children.. Sad.. You can't even destroy a car with it it takes like 20 Secs. if your pilot is circling above a target..

As Jones said the advanced claymore it is undestractable it can't hit teammates it's like

USMC - Don't explode..
                        USMC - Don't explode..
                        MEC - Ok now I can explode! Hooray! Boom! You killed ... (+2 Bonus )..

And that's from like 84739027204 Miles away.. Wouldn't such claymores be a great invention?

All the nerfing and whining.. The more that get's nerfed means more whining..

- Komet

Comment

I think the indestructible mines took a lot of tactics out of the game. It used to be, uh-oh, a friendly mine, better steer clear or be a retard, casue a teamkill, then punish. now it's jsut, friendly AT mine/clay, oh well, la la la la la let's just walk on by. Also I liked to frag AT mines to explode them and use them on infantry, that's tactics. I do thing the engy being able to pick up mines is good though, congrats on that EA.

Comment

Working...
                          X