Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The support/Medic bag nerf..let the whining begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The support/Medic bag nerf..let the whining begin.

Ok so we all have heard about the Medic/Support bag nerf coming supposedly.
    Word is the classes will only be allowed to have 2 bags on the ground at a time..and the recharge to throw any more is going to be really long.
    So basically what it means is no more bag spamming and bags will have to be thrown when really needed.
    (also from what I hear, prone is getting a big nerf..no more insat proning..basically if you are going prone it wont be a jump down and revive/shoot thing..it will have to be a longer process)

I knwo the support guys wont care "to much" but I just wanted to open this thread so the Medic fan boys had a place to whine and explain how it sucks since no one will gets heals anymore cause they will need there packs for there own insta heals.

Re: The support/Medic bag nerf..let the whining begin.

Throwing down bags of any sort is what I consider to be a game design flaw
    If you to be healed, you go to a medic,
    If you need ammo, you go to a support gunner
    You shouldn't have to play hunt the magic bag

Where are you getting your info from?

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
      Throwing down bags of any sort is what I consider to be a game design flaw
      If you to be healed, you go to a medic,
      If you need ammo, you go to a support gunner
      You shouldn't have to play hunt the magic bag

Where are you getting your info from?
      I got the info from the PBF forums..they have threads over there dedicated to medics crying.
      But from what I here there is video of a DICE guy explaining some of the changes coming. The link to the vid tho is broke for me..so I havnt been able to watch it.

Comment

I play exclusively medic, and that being said I think medic is far better than any of the other infantry classes, and I admit they could probably use some toning down in the offensive department to balance out the incredible defense/support they provide.

This however would be a pointless nerf that doesn't really effect the medic all that much but rather every class that isn't a medic. I'll throw down packs to heal, sure, but I couldn't imagine myself going through maybe more than 1 pack every 30 seconds of gameplay. Once in a blue moon in a heavy firefight I'll quickly throw down 3 or 4 packs at my feet for a health pool, but I rarely do that.

A medic bag nerf seems silly, especially for everyone who isn't a medic. In my experience it's hard enough to get a heal as it is honestly, and even on a 64 player server I'll see maybe 5 or 6 other teammates as a medic and even then you'll rarely seem them attempt to revive and often times will walk right past you without stopping to drop the paddles. The first 10 minutes of Karkand aside I almost never see medic packs on the ground, and even though I can manage about 80 points a round as a medic about 2 or 3 of those points tops are "healing" points. So both from a score standpoint and a balance standpoint this would be a silly change.

Or in other words this nerf is completely typical and in line with all of DICE's other failed balance attempts. I wonder what they'll do next, boost the J-10's turning speed perhaps?

Comment

Don't give them any ideas

Comment

It's hard enough as it is trying to get meds/support to toss down some bags. I usually have to put a couple pistol shots in their leg to get their attention. This will be brutal trying to get expert first aid now. Oh well, how quickly you adapt to the new environment shows just how good of a player you really are.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
              Or in other words this nerf is completely typical and in line with all of DICE's other failed balance attempts. I wonder what they'll do next, boost the J-10's turning speed perhaps?
              QFT
              (what's with the 5 character minimum?)

Comment

The problem lies in that DICE don't have any vision as to what BF2 should be and there are perhaps a handful on these forums who do and whose ideas I respect
                I remember the great debates back when the DICE feedback forum still existed

Comment

Here is the link I think:
                  http://217.116.224.151/dk4_2006/GZTV/GZTVBootcamp/Bootcamp_FPS_DICE.wmv
                  41 minutes long though. discusses Patch 1.4 and BF2142

Comment

If there are only enough Medic bags for one person, who the **** do you think that one person is going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by TokenBrit
                      If there are only enough Medic bags for one person, who the **** do you think that one person is going to be?
                      Um..the guy who isnt a team player that doesnt heal his assualt class guys and thinks being a medic he is an assualt class guy that should run into a fire fight and take damage?
                      you talking about that guy?
                      Or the medic that hangs back and lets his assualt guys clean up then goes and heals them..

Comment

Hey while they're at it they should just nerf every other useful feature in this game, then maybe we'll stop whining. . . They should just release an expansion pack called BF2N Battlefield 2 Nerfed.

Comment

by gawd

just improve assault and everything is fine

if that "fix" ever sees daylight, it's just going to up the amount of medics in a team, because you can't rely on anybody else healing you (not like you could before but ...)

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                            Here is the link I think:
                            http://217.116.224.151/dk4_2006/GZTV/GZTVBootcamp/Bootcamp_FPS_DICE.wmv
                            41 minutes long though. discusses Patch 1.4 and BF2142
                            Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                            I got the info from the PBF forums..they have threads over there dedicated to medics crying.
                            But from what I here there is video of a DICE guy explaining some of the changes coming. The link to the vid tho is broke for me..so I havnt been able to watch it.
                            How about a quote form the video about what they are doing to the medic class. Why should we do the work for your thread.

Comment

So I have one medic bag, I am injured and so is some random assault guy and you want me to give HIM the medic bad? Excuse me but I am 10x more valuable to the time than some nit running around as the worst class in game.
                              TBH if there is anybody still left playing assault in this game its about time natural selection wheedled them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X