How to keep BF2 alive after 2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep BF2 alive after 2142

I've asked some people on another forum whether they will be switching from the BF2 to 2142. Suprisingly, most said they will stay with BF2. Some said it depends on the demo, but most said if they wanted a furturisic war, they would play Quake Wars. So the best way to keep BF2 alive is to have remaining playing BF2. As long as there is a demand out there, DICE/EA will want to supply us with something that they can charge to keep their pocket books full. SF and EF may not have had good reviews from the BF2 community, but AF has been well recieved and I purchase it and it they are a great additions to the BF2 collection.

I heard somone mention BF3, but why not just build on BF2 with expanisons or booster packs that are cheap enough to draw a high demand for it. I love new maps and a new army with new weapons would be cool, but why AF did not include new tanks just jets and a scout helo, I am bedazzled.

So my advice to all those that remain with BF2 post 2142, keep playing it and if DICE/EA relize that there is still intrest due to the large amount of servers be populated, then BF2 will survive the wintering storm from BF 2142

Re: How to keep BF2 alive after 2142

I would be delighted to continue playing BF2, and I will for the remainder of its supported life by DICE and ET......oops never mind they have already forgotten about us, time to move on.....ET-QW here I come

Comment

More SF maps would definately keep me interested.

Comment

Some more unlocks would be sweet. I dont see any harm in dice releasing a few more weapons per class. Really open it up a bit as far as choices.
        It seems so generic right now, and thats sorta ok..... but we close in to the end of this game and its support. So......a few bones thrown our way as a sort of a .............goodbye would rock.

Maps.
        Statics.
        Weapons.
        Surely they have a ton of this stuff laying around that didnt get into the game, that modders could put in. Or dice themselves in a "patch"

Comment

I just got in, as long as there's a decent variation in available servers I'll be playing for awhile now. Doesn't even have to be a ton of servers.

Plus hoppy, zappy, fraggy floaty ,bouncy sci-fi shooters do nothing for me. Glorified button mashers if ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
            Some more unlocks would be sweet. I dont see any harm in dice releasing a few more weapons per class. Really open it up a bit as far as choices.
            BF2142 will have over 40 unlockable items, is that enough for ya

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
              I just got in, as long as there's a decent variation in available servers I'll be playing for awhile now. Doesn't even have to be a ton of servers.

Plus hoppy, zappy, fraggy floaty ,bouncy sci-fi shooters do nothing for me. Glorified button mashers if ask me.
              Welcome, I've been playing since Dec of last year and BF2 is still fun, frustrating and entertaining. The AF booster rocks. I do not have SF(I am thinking about it now from what I heard- a good infantry game with no tank or jet whores and no EF-no many servers still host it, just a few.

Comment

mod's and the fact that and some people don't like sci-fi and hell BF1942 is still quite alive I see no reason that BF2 will die

Comment

I could care less about 2142. If I hear another interview where all they talk about is Titan Mode I'm going to throwup. Titan Mode! Titan Mode! Titan Mode! Titan Mode! Titan Mode!!!!!!! Stoops. I'll keep playing BF2 and lying in wait for DCon and PoE and more PRMM goodness. I will barely acknowledge the existence of 2142 other than downloading the demo. It's made by Dice Canada for chrissakes! They murdered BFV and I have no reason to believe they won't do the same with a future mod which has a premise I could care less about.

Sorry to be so rough, but BF2142:The Search for More Money really ****es me off. BF2 rips, needs better support such as one true community manager that can test and approve community made maps, and first and formost for the modding community to get an open source code editor. Don't let us down modders! You have an amazing engine to work with! Make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
                    BF2142 will have over 40 unlockable items, is that enough for ya
                    I could care less if they locked all the BF2 weapons back up, infact I'd probably rather have it that way.

Originally posted by SHooty MAC
                    I will barely acknowledge the existence of 2142 other than downloading the demo. It's made by Dice Canada for chrissakes! They murdered BFV and I have no reason to believe they won't do the same with a future mod which has a premise I could care less about.
                    Funny you should mention that, because that has been my pattern too. BF42' yes, love it. BFV, loaded demo, knew it was a stinker from the get go, skipped it. Kept right on playing BF42 through nearly the entire first year of BF2. Built a new rig, tried BF2, switched over to it.

If something isn't substantially better in gameplay, I don't switch. Weapons, unlocks, graphics, vehicles etc etc, don't sway me. If the game feels gimmicky or is just a bunch of gaming elements crammed together for the sake of having them, I don't bother switching.

Comment

Remove the ranking and kill the login procedure.

Originally posted by Shooty McStabbyface
                      It's made by Dice Canada for chrissakes! They murdered BFV and I have no reason to believe they won't do the same with a future mod which has a premise I could care less about.
                      DICE Canada killed BFV, thats true. But they dont work on 2142.
                      They do the patch support for BF2, DICE Sweden has all hands on 2142.

Comment

My appeal for BF2 comes from the modern weapons. BF1942 was ok, but I like modern weapons and vehicles. BF2142 does not appeal to me at all. Sure I will try the demo, but I dont see myself switching anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
                          BFV, loaded demo, knew it was a stinker from the get go, skipped it.
                          There was no demo of BFV.
                          DICE Canada also made SF, AF, and EF (according to http://www.gamespy.com/company/743/743963.html). So they are just fine in my books.

Comment

Aslong as there are people wanting to play BF2, the game will never die.

Comment

MODS
                              They will get this thing going
                              Have you played bf1942 + mods???

Comment

Working...
                              X